Chapter 16

Into a New World?

 

“Hey guys! You all look so great!” Sunny chirped when Chunji, Chanyeol and Jessica got inside the car.

 

“Thanks!” Chanyeol replied happily. Chunji merely grunted and Jessica just smiled shyly. She still felt guilty that she had caused Sunny to flip out while they were shopping together.

 

“So… where are we going?” Chanyeol asked Sunny casually.

 

“Oh, right! We’re gonna go to this really amazing restaurant that I know. I mean, my family and the owner are such close friends so I go there all the time, it’s no biggie.” Sunny bragged.

 

“What are we gonna do there?” Chanyeol asked again.

 

“Of course we’re gonna eat, stupid,” Chunji sulked as he sank down even more in his seat.

 

Sunny noticed Chunji’s grumpy face and leaned in closer to him. “Hey, Chunji, how are you feeling today?” she asked him, putting her hand on his arm in a flirty manner.

 

Chanyeol was oblivious to the whole situation and was just staring out the window. Jessica saw Sunny’s actions and she couldn’t help but roll her eyes and sigh.

 

“I’m fine,” Chunji replied monotonously. He had his attention focused on Jessica. He noticed that she seemed a little bit… disconnected lately.

 

“Hm… are you sure?” Sunny pouted cutely, “After dinner, maybe you and I can go back to my place to watch some funny movies, you know? Maybe that would cheer you up a little bit.”

 

Jessica grinded her teeth and averted her gaze to the window. She wished that there was an ‘off’ button for her ears so that she wouldn’t have to listen to Sunny’s endless blabbering.

 

“Erm… no thanks. Like I said, I’m fine. But thanks for the offer anyway,” Chunji said.

 

“Aww! But why?” Sunny asked in her cutesy little tone, “You look so sad! A movie or two with me wouldn’t hurt! I have the best popcorn maker at home, you wouldn’t want to miss it!”

 

Chunji shook his head and looked down at his hands. This girl is really something. “I’m not sad plus, I’ve got stuff to take care of. Maybe Chanyeol should go to your house instead. Since he’s pretty much free tonight… or any night in the whole year for that matter,” Chunji said.

 

“I heard somebody say my name…” Chanyeol muttered suddenly.

 

“Yeah, Chanyeol, I said your name!” Chunji exclaimed, “Sunny wants you to go to her house tonight to watch some movies ‘cause she’s lonely and stuff!”

 

“Wait! No!” Sunny shouted.

 

“What? What’s wrong with Chanyeol? He’s a pretty nice guy!” Chunji advertised.

 

“But… sorry Chanyeol oppa, the movie offer is only for Chunji,” Sunny smiled sweetly at Chunji and traced circles on his leg with her fingers.

 

Chunji stiffened at the sudden contact that Sunny made. He was already pretty annoyed with her talking and her existence. But now that she was literally touching him, he felt pretty damn violated. He shifted to the side uncomfortably.

 

“Oh… well, that’s awkward…” Chanyeol said to Sunny, “but it’s fine, I can watch movies at home with Chunji and Jessica or just with myself…”

 

Sunny shifted even closer to Chunji and stuck to him like super glue. Her body was not even a millimeter away from Chunji’s. Chunji felt super awkward and uncomfortable. He could feel Sunny’s s through her tight body-con dress and it didn’t turn him on at all. Not even one bit.

 

“Err… mister driver? When are we gonna get there?” Chunji asked the driver desperately.

 

“We’re just about a block away from the restaurant,” the driver replied.

 

“Thank god,” Chunji muttered under his breath.

 

“So… Chunji oppa, about the movie tonight,” Sunny cooed, “are you sure you’re busy tonight? I’m pretty sure whatever work that you need to settle isn’t even that important. Just come over after dinner!”

 

The car halted to a stop and before Chunji could think of a reply, Chanyeol opened the door excitedly and said, “Yes! Food, here we come! I’m freaking starving!”

 

Jessica got out of the car as quick as Chanyeol did. She couldn’t stand being in the same small area as Sunny for that long. Especially when she’s hitting on Chunji.

 

“Oh, finally!” Chunji exclaimed. He pulled himself away from Sunny’s iron grip and got out of the car as fast as he could.

 

“Dude, what the hell. I don’t even know why I agreed to coming to this ,” Chunji whispered into Chanyeol’s ear, “Sunny is such a crazy . I think you should have her…”

 

“Aren’t any of you going to help me get out of the car?” Sunny asked with an annoyed tone.

 

“You can go help her, Chanyeol,” Jessica grunted.

 

“Oh, um… okay,” Chanyeol replied. He went over and opened the car door for Sunny and helped her out.

 

“Why, thank you. That was really kind of you, Chanyeol oppa,” Sunny smiled at him sweetly.

 

“And that is exactly another reason why he, instead of me, should go to your house and watch movies with you tonight! He’s got great manners!” Chunji exclaimed, earning himself a slap on the back from Chanyeol.

 

“Come on, Chanyeol,” Chunji whispered into his ear, “You’ve gotta help me out on this. Just convince her to bring you back with her. I need to talk to her about… you know... and I think we should be alone when we… talk…”

 

“Oh!” Chanyeol’s eyes rounded when he heard that. He immediately turned to Sunny and hooked her arm around his. “Come on! Let’s go in and eat! I’m starving and I’m sure you all are, too!” Chanyeol said.

 

When they got in the posh restaurant, Chanyeol held the door, pulled the chair, unfolded Sunny’s napkin for her and all the other things that a gentleman would do for a lady.

 

Chunji smiled at himself. Looking at Chanyeol trying to woo Sunny brought joy to his heart. He then turned to look at Jessica; who was sitting beside him. She looked bored and annoyed at the same time. She also looked depressed.

 

“Hey…” Chunji said slowly and placed his hand above hers, “Are you okay? Anything wrong?”

 

Jessica jumped at the sudden contact and looked at Chunji. He looked genuinely concerned for her and it made her feel happy. “I’m fine,” she gave him a fake smile.

 

“I need to talk to you about something later when we get back home,” Chunji said in a low voice.