Chapter 21

Into a New World?

"Park Chanyeol, what do you think you're doing?" Headmaster Lee yelled right in his face after he called him into the office. Sunny was standing at the other end of the room, smiling meekly to herself.

 

"Nothing," Chanyeol mumbled. 

 

"What I saw just now was not nothing. Obviously you were attempting something that Sunny did not want. Please elaborate what you were trying to do," he said sternly.

 

"I told you! It was nothing!" Chanyeol defended himself.

 

"I think you kinda bruised my shoulders. They're in pain," Sunny faked a cry.

 

"I can't just let you go without an explanation or a punishment. You have hurt one of our students and violence is a giant no in the school's rules and regulations. If you at least tell me what you were trying to do, I can lighten up your punishment. If you continue to deny it, I will have no choice but to suspend you," the headmaster went on.

 

"What on earth? I was just trying to get her to say something! She won't even tell me what she told everyone else. I'm being treated like crap because of her! Why won't you believe me?" Chanyeol pleaded.

 

"Sunny, would you mind telling me what you told everyone else?" The headmaster turned to Sunny and Chanyeol shot her a triumphant look.

 

Sunny, of course, had her innocent doe-eyed look on her face. She cocked her head to the side and pretended to think. "I don't know... I didn't tell anyone anything about Chanyeol. Chanyeol's always been delusional. He would always follow me around. And he's also tried to ask me out several times already. Honestly, headmaster, I'm really scared of him..." she added a dramatic pause, "I've... I've been actually thinking of transfering schools because of him..."

 

"Lies! That's total bull!" Chanyeol screamed.

 

"Watch your language, Park Chanyeol!" the headmaster shouted, "I see what the problem is here. I have no other choice but to suspend you, for now, Chanyeol. If this totally inappropriate behaviour of yours continues, I would have to expel you."

 

"WHAT?" Chanyeol screamed and Sunny beamed.

 

"Stalking and obssession is a very serious matter and it cannot be taken lightly. There are all kinds of people in this world. You never know what's going to happen and what they're going to do," Headmaster Lee said, "I'm going to phone your parents now and tell them the news, Chanyeol. Sunny, you can go to your next class. Thank you so much for informing me of Chanyeol's behavior. I believe you might have possibly saved a lot of other girls from his ual offenses."

 

"No, headmaster, thank you," Sunny said, "I don't know what was going to happen if you didn't stop him just now. He could've done so much bad things. Thank you so much for taking action." Sunny smiled gratefully at him.

 

Headmaster Lee smiled back at Sunny before she left for her class. Chanyeol sulked and crossed his arms. He felt like it was so unfair for him to be suspended for something that he didn't do. "Do you have anything to say to me, Chanyeol?" the headmaster asked him.

 

"I didn't do anything!" Chanyeol said once again, "I just wanted to know what was going on, I swear! Everyone's been whispering whenever I pass by and they all glare at me and tell me I'm terrible for doing things to Sunny. That's why I confronted her! I wanted to know what I supposedly did!"

 

"Maybe she decided to warn her friends about you and your um... special behaviour. Honestly, Chanyeol, I haven't really encountered a lot of students like you before. I think you might need some help," Headmaster Lee reached behind his desk to get some phamplets. "Here you go," he handed Chanyeol one.

 

Chanyeol took a look at the piece of glossy paper and instantly thought, "What the ?" but he obviously didn't say that because he was right in front of the headmaster. "What is this? Why are you giving me a leaflet about ual grooming and abuse?"

 

"It's time for you to realise, Chanyeol. Not a lot of people actually get a chance like this. They would be too caught up in their little devious acts to even take a step to heal themselves from their unhealthy obsessions. I advice you to stay home for a few days to figure out what you want to do in life. If that doesn't help anything, I'm afraid you might need to go and see a therapist."

 

"What on earth are you implying? I'm a ual predator? I'm certainly not!" Chanyeol raised his voice a little.

 

"The first step to solving a situation like this is admitting that you have a problem," Headmaster Lee kept his tone neutral. 

 

"But the thing is I don't have a problem! Why won't you just listen to me?" Chanyeol was on the edge of ripping his own hair out of his head.

 

"Okay, fine. Fine. You can go back to class for now. I'll be phoning your parents to tell them about your suspension which starts from tomorrow to next week. During your suspension, you can't be staying at the hostels, got it? You have to go home."

 

"Hostel... Oh !" Chanyeol cursed under his breath. He totally forgot that his parents didn't know he was staying with Chunji.

 

"Headmaster Lee, why can't I just stay at school? Won't that be better for me?" Chanyeol asked in a desperate tone.

 

"You will need a lot of support from your family at home. Now run along, I don't want any teachers complaining that their students are tardy. Shoo!"

 

And all Chanyeol could do was nod and leave the room.