Chapter 1

Into a New World?

Just like any other day, Jessica was sitting by her favourite tree in the forest which was behind the little, wooden cottage her mother and herself lived in. She hummed a lullaby to herself and admired the flowers. Jessica day dreamed about travelling the world, seeing new sights and discovering rare treasures.

 

Her mother watched her from the kitchen. "This girl, she's so beautiful, caring and kind. When is she going to get married? She's already 15 and she's not getting any younger." She sighed to herself. Jessica's mother longed for her daugther to be wedded off to a wealthy man so that she would have a better life.

 

She got out her basket, slipped on her shoes, and got ready to go to the market. "Jessica! Jessica darling!" She shouted out to Jessica. Jessica looked at her mother and gave her a warm smile. "I'm going to go to the market now. Can you watch over the cottage while I'm out?" Jessica nodded and said good bye to her mother.

 

Jessica's mother walked to the town market and went to a fruit stall. "How much for one of these?" She asked the young lady who owned the stall. The lady was about to answer but she got cut off by a deep voice which belonged to a man on a brown horse. 

 

"Good morning, my fair lady. The king and queen demands that every single maiden in this city to go to the royal palace to be judged. The girl who is liked the most will be married to the crown prince and she will be the next queen. So, please, head over to the palace today or tomorrow." The man went away after announcing that to the stall owner.

 

Jessica's mother's eyes glimmered with joy. This is the chance for my daugther to get married! She thought to herself. Jessica has perfect manners, brains, grace, and of course, she was extremely beautiful. She thanked the stall owner and headed back to her cottage as fast as possible.

 

"Oh, mother! You're back so early!" Jessica stated when she saw her mother come in through the front door with a big smile plastered on her face. Her mother would normally spend two to three hours at the market but it had only been thirty minutes since she left.

 

"Oh, Jessica, you won't believe what I've just heard. I have exciting news to tell you!" Jessica's mother exclaimed as she put her basket away in one of the cupboards. "I went to the town and there was a palace official. He was telling this young lady that the king and queen are searching for a bride for their only son to marry. He said the king and queen demands every young woman to go to the royal palace and be judged. How exciting! Hurry, you need to prepare yourself now. I want you to go this afternoon!"

 

Jessica sighed. She didn't want to get married. And, she certainly did not want to get married to a prince. She could not go against her mother's orders, though. So, all she could do was agree. She went to her room and brushed her long, lushious hair until it was silky smooth. She changed into a pretty pink dress which her mother had sewn for her a few weeks ago. 

 

"Jessica, darling. You look beautiful!" Her mother chirped happily when she saw her, "Do you need me to go with you to the palace?" Jessica rejected her mother's help and assured her that she knew the way to the royal palace. She slipped on her most comfortable pair of shoes, since the palace was a long walk from where she lived, and headed out. 

 

"I can't believe mother wants me to get married. I don't want to settle down and have children. And I definitely don't want to be the queen, I'd have to rule the country with the prince. I don't even know how he looks like! I want to explore the world, read books, go on adventures!" Jessica thought to herself and sighed as she walked through the streets of the small town. 

 

To cheer herself up, she decided to stop by her favourite cake shop. She stood outside the shop. There was no cakes or cookies on display that day. Jessica found that rather odd so, she decided to go in the store. She pushed open the heavy wooden door which revealed nothing but darkness. "Hello?" she called, but no one answered. 

 

She step foot in the shop and that was not a very good idea because she fell. No, she didn't fall on her bottom or anything. She fell, into hole. She screamed for her dear life and then, 

 

everything went black.

 

------------

 

"Ugh, where am I?" Jessica winced in pain as she tried to sit up. She could feel the sun shining over her so, she kept her eyes shut. Then, two shadows were casted over her. She heard voices talking.

 

"Oh my god, where do you think she's from?" One voice said.

 

"I don't know, man. But, hell, she looks ancient. She looks like one of those ancient chicks that we saw at the museum's display last week." Another voice said. 

 

Jessica snapped open her eyes and found two rather handsome men looking at her with eyes threatening to pop out any second. 

 

"Dude! The chick opened her eyes! Oh my god, what do we do?" the man with brown hair and abnormally large twitchy eyes said.

 

Jessica narrowed her eyes and took a better look at the two men. Must be one of those chaffs, I'll teach them a lesson. She thought. "Young man," she pointed to the brown-haired one, "why are you calling me a chick? I am definitely not a baby chicken!"

 

The two men looked at each other with expressions that Jessica couldn't really identify. They looked scared, worried and amused at the same time. The blonde one then said, "Um...sorry about that er..lady, my friend doesn't think before speaking. We heard screaming earlier so, we came over and found you lying on the ground. Are y-you o-okay?"

 

Jessica felt confused, she didn't know where she was. All she remembered was that she was making her way to the royal palace to see the king and queen. She quickly sat up but flinched at the amount of pain she felt in her lower back. "Ouch, that hurt!" She exclaimed, gently rubbing her back.

 

"Do you um...like...need our help...or something?" The brown haired one asked her. 

 

"Of course I do! Haven't you ever heard of chivalry?" Jessica extended an arm towards him as a sign to pull her up. But, he did nothing and stared at her.

 

"What the hell is chivalry?"

 

"Are you two imbeciles? Just help me up!" The two men said nothing and quickly pulled her up. "Well, thank you but, you did not have to pull that strong. My arm almost came off!"

 

"Sorry!" Both of them said at the same time.

 

"No time for dilly dally now. May I know your names, please?"

 

"Oh, yeah sure. I'm Chanyeol," the brown haired one said, "and this is my buddy, Chunji," He pointed to the blonde one next to him, "and you are?"

 

"My name is Jessica and I need to go somewhere important," she straightened her dress with her hands, "can you two young men show me the way to the royal palace?"

 

Chanyeol and Chunji looked at each other. They seemed to be having some telepathic conversation. "Um..sorry la-I mean Jessica. There isn't any royal palace. Unless you mean Cinderella's castle which is like at Disneyland or something," Chanyeol said, holding back a chuckle.

 

"Who's Cinderella? I have never heard of such person. Please, I need to go to the royal palace. I have to see the royal family so that they can decide if I am suitable to be the crown prince's bride. I also need to hurry back, I cannot leave my mother alone in the woods."

 

Chanyeol and Chunji exchanged looks again and then burst out into uncontrollable laughter. They held on to their stomachs and choked on air. Chunji almost fell to the ground. "I don't know if this is a joke or what but, I hate to break it to you. There's no palace or royal family. Those stuff existed centuries ago." Chunji finally managed to speak.

 

"Centuries ago? What are you saying? I just heard the news a few hours ago!"

 

"We're in the 21st century now, Jessica. It's 2012."

 

"2012?"

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note : Here's the first chapter! I know that 15 seems like a very young age to be married now but hey, it's like what...500 years ago? It was probably the  normal age to marry then. Tell me what you think in the comments below! Please subscribe to this story, I will love you forever <3 <3

ALSO ANOTHER THING! I need a poster for this story and I'm quite terrible at making posters so....help? 

pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :D

 

Alright, that's all for now! I will update as soon as I can <3