Chapter 20

Into a New World?

Sunny applied yet another layer of lipgloss on her lips and puckered them at her own reflection in the mirror at the girls' toilet in school. She checked herself out to make sure not a hair was out of place and smiled at herself, feeling rather satisfied. Right at that moment, the door opened and Jessica stepped into the not very large toilet. Sunny raised her brows in disapproval and tilted her chin up. She took out her lipgloss again and started smothering it all over her lips.

 

"Hmm..." Sunny thought aloud, "I wonder if Chunji likes strawberry flavoured lipgloss," she tapped on her him innocently, not forgetting to look at Jessica's reaction in the mirror. "Oh well, he's gonna love the surprise I'm gonna give him anyway."

 

Jessica wanted to just ignore her and get on with life but she just couldn't. She turned her head and spoke. "Could you please leave Chunji alone?" She asked Sunny in the most polite tone that she could manage.

 

Sunny turned her head to look at Jessica dramatically. She put a hand on her chest and faked a gasp. "Oh my god! Jessica! Since when did you come in here? I didn't notice you at all!" Jessica rolled her eyes inwardly at that statement and then replied.

 

"I've been here long enough to hear your stupid little fantasies."

 

"Fantasies?" Sunny chuckled, "What on earth are you talking about? I was just thinking about my lover. I can't believe you're so not in. You don't even know the hottest gossip around. If you didn't already know, Chunji and I are basically official."

 

"The only official that you're going to be is officially stupid!" Jessica snapped at Sunny's face.

 

Sunny raised her brow. She didn't except such a reply from Jessica. "Wow, I don't know if I should be amused or offended by that statement. Offended because you just insulted my intelligence and amused because little miss proper finally knows how to make insults!"

 

Jessica grinded her teeth in anger and reminded herself to remain calm inside. She tilted her head up and proceeded to the door.

 

"Leaving so soon, dear?" Sunny mocked.

 

"To get away from you. I don't want any of your stupid near me." Jessica replied. Although it seemed childish, she felt happy because she finally had the guts to talk back to Sunny.

 

"Stupid girls." Sunny said under her breath as Jessica left the toilet. Sunny smiles at her own reflection for the last time and skipped out of the girls' toilet happily.

 

 


 

"What the hell is going on? They're all looking at me like I killed someone..." Chanyeol whispered into Chunji's ear when they were looking for a place to sit in the cafeteria during lunch time.

 

"You didn't, right?" Chunji asked.

 

Chanyeol slapped Chunji on the chest. "Hey! You know that I won't ever do such a thing! I can't believe you!"

 

Chunji broke out in a small fit of laughter while Chanyeol collected more and more death glares from the female population of the school present in the cafeteria.

 

He tried to inch away from the attention but everyone was watching him like a hawk. He went to queue up for his food and got even more disapproving looks thrown his way.

 

"Whoa, it's Park Chanyeol!" The guy in front of him at the queue said when he turned around. Chanyeol coughed and nodded awkwardly because he had no idea who that person was.

 

"How's everything holding up with Sunny?" The guy tried so hard to stifle in his laughter but he obviously failed.

 

"there's nothing going on between us..." Chanyeol replied awkwardly, unsure of what was actually happening around him. He started imaging that he was actually on an episode of Punk'd and Asthon Kutcher would just casually come out of nowhere and tell him that this is all just a joke.

 

It never happened.

 

After lunch time it was even more awkward because Chanyeol had to walk past a bunch of rather strange and girls. They literally growled at him. He dragged his feet and left the class as fast as he could.

 

"Ew, it's you." A random girl commented when she saw Chanyeol walking next to her. "What the hell is your problem?" She literally snarled at him.

 

"Sorry... I'm pretty sure I don't know you..." Chanyeol said slowly, "and I don't actually know what I did wrong..."

 

"You're such a stupid joke. Sunny was right about you. You are the dumbest guy on the universe. I can't believe such an idiot like you could do such bad things to her!" The girl accused and then she just fastened up her pace and walked away for him.

 

Chanyeol stood there for a few seconds, dazed. He honestly had no idea what was going on but he intended to find out. He made his way to the girls' toilet; he obviously didn't go in. He just waited outside because he knew Sunny would always go there after every period.

 

Just as expected, Sunny strutted out of the toilet, looking as fabulous as could be. Chanyeol stood directly in front of her, blocking her way. Sunny glared at the figure in front of her. She tilted her head up and frowned when she saw Chanyeol looking not very pleased as well.

 

"What do you want?" Sunny asked blatantly, rolling her eyes in the process.

 

Chanyeol squinted his eyes to glare at her even more. "What the hell did you say about me to the entire female population of this school?" He shot out.

 

A little sly smile formed at the corner of Sunny's lips when she heard Chanyeol's question. She grinned sweetly and widened her eyes innocently. "I have no idea what you're talking about." She said.

 

"Lies," Chanyeol hissed, "I know you must've told them something. Everyone is looking at me as if I committed murder or something. I don't even know what I did wrong!"

 

"First of all, you completely failed and disappointed me. I mean, come on Chunji and Jessica are going out together now? That's supposed to be me and him!" Sunny whined.

 

"Whoa.. Slow down there. What does that have anything to do with me? I didn't even agree to get you guys together. I knew he was in love with Jessica all this while," Chanyeol explained, "Actually, I think you are the only one who didn't see it coming because you were too busy in your little fantasy land."

 

"There you go. Calling me stupid again. Maybe you and Jessica should get together since stupid seems to be the only word she knows. And there's a plus! She actually is stupid!" Sunny cracked up at her own comment.

 

"Just tell me what you told everyone. I don't want to be treated like vermin to everyone, okay?" Chanyeol asked in a low tone.

 

Sunny simply shrugged and pushed Chanyeol aside to make way for herself to pass through. Chanyeol would definitely not leave without an answer. He grabbed her shirt collar and spun her around violently; not caring about the people who were staring daggers at them.

 

"Don't you dare hurt her!" Some random girl in the hall screamed at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol dismissed that loud comment and gripped both of his hands on Sunny's shoulders. He stared directly into her eyes and spoke to her with their faces in close proximity. Very close.

 

"Just tell me. What you said." Chanyeol hissed through his gritted teeth.

 

"Let go of me!" Sunny struggled to get out of Chanyeol's intense grip.

 

"Not before you tell me what you spread around," Chanyeol replied.

 

Before anyone knew it, Sunny pet out an earpiercing scream which attracted the attention of a few teachers around them. "Park Chanyeol! Let go of her right this instant!" The headmaster's voice boomed through the hall.