Chapter 22

Into a New World?

"Park Chanyeol, your father and I are so disappointed of you. We can't believe that you would actually do something like this to an innocent little girl!" Chanyeol's mother yelled at him through the phone.

 

"Mom! How many times do I have to tell you? She's not a little girl! She's a grown-up teenager who really hasn't grown up in the mind that's why she's delusional and making everything up! Why won't anyone just listen to me for once?" Chanyeol groaned in reply.

 

"I don't care how old she is! You and anyone else aren't supposed to be molesting and ually harrassing females like that! Do you know how humiliated and violated she must feel? Did you even think about what everyone else in school would think and say?" she scolded him, "I expect you to be all packed up with your things by the next hour because your father and I are already on our way to your school. Imagine our shock when your principal told us that you got suspended! You are going to be grounded for the rest of your life at home."

 

"An hour? You guys are getting here already? What the hell!" Chanyeol cursed.

 

"Mind your language, young man. I do not appreciate your misbehaviour. I did not expect this to happen to you. Is it because of your friends? Is Chanhee doing the same thing to girls? Because if he is, I'm going to call his mother and we're going to discuss how to get the two of you to stop what you're doing because it is so inappropriate! I can't believe my own son is capable of ual abuse!" Chanyeol's mother yelled again.

 

"I said I didn't touch anyone!" 

 

"I don't care what you have to say. I've heard enough from the Headmaster already. I will no longer trust you with anything anymore. I'm going to hang up soon. Just go and get your things ready. We're almost here. We're just at the cross-roads, give us about five minutes. Your father and I are going to go to the headmaster's office first and then he'll bring us to your room so we can pack up faster together."

 

"Five minutes?? What on earth, mom! A few seconds ago you just said you would take another hour to get here! How did an hour become five minutes so fast?" Chanyeol's voice was shaky as hell. He was so close to fainting. The room that he was supposed to be staying in is... Well, he actually doesn't know what happened to the room. He just "rented" it out to some other students. 

 

"That was just a joke. We're actually already parking the car at the parking lot. Just wait for us at the office, okay? Good bye," and with that, his mother hung up the phone, leaving him with his jaw on the ground.

 

" !" Chanyeol cursed repeatedly. He had no idea what to tell his parents. If he came clean with the truth, his parents would most definitely roast him alive. But on the other hand, if he lied, he might have a chance to come out alive. He just had absolutely no idea what to say. His mind couldn't work that fast and Chunji was no where near him to help out.

 

"Chanyeol? Is that you?"

 

Chanyeol heard a familiar voice calling his name out. He turned around and saw both of his parents; looking a lot less than amused. They looked furious and hungry. Like how tigers would look if their prey just got stolen away. Except in this case, his parents were furious at him and hungry to tear his whole face off. Chanyeol's body shrunk ten times and his head hung low. He dragged his feet towards them and mumbled a low hello.

 

"Park Chanyeol! Look at us if you are trying to talk to us!" His mother ordered, lifting up his chin with her hand so that his face was facing them.

 

"Sorry..." Chanyeol replied.

 

"There is no cure for sorry when you're in a situation like this," his father said sternly, "Now, where's your headmaster? We would like to have several words with him. And we also wanna thank him for realising your... . If he didn't take any action, who knows what would've happened? I would not want any illegitimate grandchildren."

 

"Dad! I'm not gonna anyone!" Chanyeol cried out.

 

"You say that know but you wouldn't know what happens when your urges and emotions take over. I mean, look at you! You molest girls! How could you not have the urge to them as well? It's common logic. If you never get revealed, you will never get better. You're just going to keep doing it and doing it and soon enough you're going to upgrade and then have pre-marital with all your victims! And your mind would be so delusional that you won't even use protection. You're going to impregnate so many girls and do you think that 'I didn't do it, girls are crazy!' would help you? I don't think so."

 

"But I-" 

 

"No more excuses, young man. You have the rights to remain silent these few days. I want you to think about what you did and how many people you haave hurt while doing your... disgusting acts. I don't even know how to face your headmaster. I am so ashamed and disappointed," Chanyeol's father said.

 

"Excuse me, you two must be Mr and Mrs Park," the headmaster heard all the commotion, he opened the door and popped his head out. 

 

Both of Chanyeol's parents instantly straightenned up and faked smiles at the headmaster. "Yes, we are," Chanyeol's father replied him.

 

"Great, come on into my office. I would like to discuss Chanyeol's... strange behaviour with you," Headmaster Lee said, "Chanyeol, you can either wait outside or go to your room at the hostel to continue packing."

 

Chanyeol nodded and looked down as his mother glared him down before going into the headmaster's office. Chanyeol sat down on the chairs outside the office and buried his face in his hands. "My life is so messed up right now. Ugh," he groaned, "I don't even remember what room number I'm supposed to be staying in at the hostel... damn it... What the hell am I going to tell them..."

 

The office door opened abruptly and Chanyeol's mother came out. "What are you still doing here talking to yourself? Go to your room and get your things! You don't expect them to fly here yourself, do you?" She scolded him.

 

"Sorry, mom... I'll go now..." Chanyeol said, with his head hung low. He dragged himself up and walked towards the boys' hostel. He reached there within a few minutes and he sighed. The building was five stories high and more than two hundred students stay there. There was nothing else he could do but check on all the rooms.

 

He walked in the building and saw a janitor near the elevator. "Excuse me, sir!" Chanyeol called out, "Do you know where they keep the records of all the students boarding here?" he asked the nice-looking janitor as politely as he could.

 

"Ah, I think those records are kept with the headmaster. Why don't you walk to his office? It's not too far away from here," the janitor replied, giving him an encouraging smile.

 

"Oh..." Chanyeol could feel his heart sinking even further down his chest. It was impossible for him to check out all the rooms in the building in the short amount of time he has. He took out his phone and dialed Chunji's number.

 

"What's up?" Chunji answered on the first ring.

 

"Help me, I'm gonna die. Well, technically I'm already three quarters dead. But seriously... help me..." Chanyeol said through the phone.

 

"What? What's going on?" 

 

"Do you remember what room that I'm supposed to stay in at the hostel? 'Cause I don't... and I really need to find out right now," Chanyeol replied.

 

"Your room? Didn't you rent that out to those weird looking people?" Chunji asked, "Tell me what's going on? I'm really confused and worried here. Why do you need to know?"

 

"I need to know because I just got suspended."

 

"Suspended? What the happened?" Chunji yelled.

 

"Because that stupid girl, Sunny decided to tell Headmaster Lee that I've been harassing her for weeks. And he actually believed her! She told him so much and he bought all of it. He didn't even let me say a thing! Then he just called my parents and they're freaking furious. They're over at the office discussing my punishment now... And during the suspension period I have to stay at home. That's why I need to know my dorm room number! My parents might come over any minute!" Chanyeol spat out.

 

"Oh my god, dude! First of all, calm the down because I can't calm down," Chunji screamed.

 

"Chanyeol? Is that you? Why are you on the ground?" Chanyeol heard his mother's voice, "Get up right now and go get your things!"

 

" man... I'm so sorry... she's here right now. I gotta go!" Chanyeol whispered and hung up the phone as fast as he could.

 

"Get here this instant!" His father shouted, "Who were you calling just now? Are you harrassing girls again? I'm taking away your phone. GIVE ME THAT!"