Chapter 7

Into a New World?

 

The rest of the school day went by like a daze. As expected, Jessica followed Chunji around like a little lost puppy and asked questions every five seconds. Chanyeol was nowhere to be seen. He had been avoiding the two of them because he’s still miffed about the whole car ride to school that morning.

 

The last bell of the day rang and students eagerly shuffled out of class. Chunji quickly dashed out, hoping that no teacher would notice him. He did not want to stay for detention.

 

“LEE CHANHEE! Where do you think you’re going?” Chunji’s homeroom teacher shouted.

 

“.” He mumbled under his breath. He just got caught trying to escape.

 

“He’s going to go home now! He said maybe we could go grab something to eat on the way!” Jessica blindly exclaimed.

 

“What wonderful plans you have, Chanhee. May I remind you that you have detention? You too, Jessica. The two of you, come with me.”

 

Jessica hopped towards the teacher happily while Chunji bit his lip to prevent himself from further swearing. He narrowed his eyes and dragged his feet forward.

 

The teacher led them to the room where detention took place. Chunji took a seat at the far end and Jessica, of course, sat next to him. He looked at her and sighed.

 

“What’s wrong, Chunji? Something seems to be bothering you,” Jessica said.

 

“It’s nothing, really. I’m just tired, and hungry.”

 

“Oh, if you say so…I have a question, what do we do in detention exactly?”

 

“Erm…you can either sit quietly or mind your own business or you can go and make new friends, talk to other people…this is your chance!”

 

“Wow, really? What are you going to do?”

 

“I think I’m just going to sit here…but you should really take this opportunity and talk to other people, you know?” Chunji smiled encouragingly, “Like that girl over there!” he pointed at a girl at the front.

 

Jessica smiled back and nodded. She went over to that girl and talked to her. Chunji sighed in relief and rested his head on his desk. “Finally…some time alone…” he thought.

 

He closed his eyes and started to doze off until a certain voice woke him up.

 

“Chunji! Chunji!” someone shook his arm. He opened his eyes groggily and looked up. It was Jessica.

 

“What? Is detention over already? Can we go now?” he asked.

 

“No, not yet, but I took your advice and I talked to the girl over there! Her name is Sunny and she is so adorable! She says she thinks that you’re very cute and that I’m lucky to know you. She also offered me if I wanted to go see a movie with her later! She said you can come along if you’d like!” she smiled brightly.

 

“Um…okay, sure. I’ll go out with you guys, just as long as I get food.”

 

“That’s great!” Jessica exclaimed and went back to talking to Sunny.

 

Detention ended half an hour later and Chunji couldn’t be happier to leave. Chunji literally ran into his limo; which was already waiting outside for him. He leaned back and sighed heavily.

 

“Your female friend coming with us?” his driver asked.

 

“Yeah, I guess she’ll take a little while…she’s talking to some other girl. They wanna go to the movies or something after this,” he said, “Anyway…where’s Chanyeol?”

 

“I’ve already sent him home earlier. He seemed pretty upset and he told he that it’s just another typical bad day.”

 

“Oh, Chanyeol…” Chunji sighed sadly.

 

“Bad day for you, too?”

 

“Yeah, you can never imagine how terrible my day went. I actually got detention for the first time in my whole school life!” he exclaimed.

 

“Lee Chanhee getting detention?” his driver raised a brow. He was about to say more but the car door opened and Jessica’s head popped in.

 

“Chunji!” she said sweetly, “Would it be okay if Sunny rides in your car? She says she doesn’t have a ride to go watch a film!”

 

“Errr…yeah sure, no problem,” Chunji said.

 

“Thank you so much, Chunji oppa!” Sunny exclaimed. Chunji’s eyes immediately widened when she heard her voice. It was so high pitched that it screamed annoying in his head.

 

He cleared his throat awkwardly and said, “It’s fine if you just call me Chunji…”

 

“Oh,” Sunny chirped, “But, I like calling people oppa. I hope it doesn’t annoy you or anything.”

 

Chunji said nothing but just sighed for the millionth billionth trillionth time that day.

 

This is gonna be one hell of a ride. He thought.