Chapter Nine

I hate this wedding dress

That Night_____________________________

Author POV

Unlike most nights spent at Mari's orginal house, tonight was bustling with excitment alongside a hint of panic. The excitment came from the three boys who watched over Mari cooking like crazy. Their eyes were like a tiger's; watching, waiting for the right time to pounce. But they weren't preying on Mari, who was dressed in a cream dress with classic embroidry on the neckline. The dress was slightly puffy on the sleeves and a couple of inches above the knee. She wore a casual soft pink blazer over the dress and slightly wedged pink shoes. Despite Mari's obvious beauty, they, instead were preying on the tender-looking, honey-coated pork ribs and marinated chicken barbique skewers cooking on the stove. The aroma had enticed them and drawn them away from their video games.

Mari was too busy to notice them watching her cook, or more rather, watching the pork ribs being cooked. The boys were already dressed up for their guests. It was just a small gathering. They didn't invite their parents. Mari purposly avoided inviting hers. The other's parents couldn't make it because of business. Mari already knew that her parents wouldn't go anyway. They were too busy "keeping their reputation up." She scoffed at the thought of their reactions when they find out Youngbae was attending too. Moreover, she wanted to laugh at her parent's faces when they discover that Youngbae was living next to them. Ha! Their faces would be an awful mix of shock, anger and panic. As she finished her masterpeices of deliciousness. She turn and stumbled back at the sight of faces staring at the food. "Ew! DISGUSTING! Seungri! You're salivating on the salad! No, Get off! All of you. Go back to your Killer's Creed or something."

The boys bowed their heads at their disappointment. Jiyong was the last to enter the living room where the others had already resumed their game of Assasin's Creed. Just as soon as Jiyong sat down, the door bell rang. "JI! Get that for me will you?" Mari yelled out. Jiyong complied and opened the door. He smiled and threw his arms around the first guest. "Dae!" The latter froze at the sudden act of affection. "Woah, man hug." Youngbae smiled as he came walking over to the front door. Mari popped out from the kitchen with her blue apron on. "Oh, Oppas. You're both early." Youngbae rubbed his neck and cofessed, "Yeah, I gave Daesung a ride over." Daesung turned to Youngbae and gave him a bear hug, yelling: "Kamshamnida Hyung!" He jumped up and down while still embracing Youngbae. Their audience was shocked and also amused at the sight of apparant bromance.

Mari looked back at the food neatly plated in the Dining Room. "Come in! The food's ready." She rushed back to her precious plates of masterpeices. She went to the kitchen to checkup on the pudding that was previously placed in the pre-heated oven. She peeked at the dessert and smiled at the strong scent of chocolate. It was ready. She pulled it out carefully, trying not to burn her fingers. She placed it on the  benchtop and covered it with a cake platter so that it would stay warm.

Mari joined the boys at the table. As expected, they had already started eating. "Sorry Mari, it looked too tempting." Apologised Seunghyun (TOP). She smiled, "No, It's ok." She sat down and ate with them. Not a single word was uttered between the six; only the sound of slurping, crunching and the silverware tapping in the plates. Soon, all the food was gone and the boys were leaning back on their chairs; struggling to breath properly because of all the food that had been consumed.

Mari chuckled at the sight. She didn't eat as much as the boys, because she knew that there was another meal awaiting. She ushered the boys into the living room where they started watching a movie. Seungri and Daesung fought over two films. "No! Watch Spellbound!" Seungri ed the movie up onto the air. "No No! That's too scary for Seunghyun!" "WHAT? No it's not." TOP yelled out. He sat back down, next to Youngbae and pouted, "It's not too scary for me." Youngbae chuckled and nodded.

"NOO! Watch 200 Pounds Beauty! It's Daebak~"

"Psh, Why do you want us to watch that? What? are you the 200 pound beauty?" Seungri scoffed.

"No! It tells the story of you, and how you made yourself look so 'good looking'."

"Yah! I'm a natural handsome man. Everything is natural!"

"Yeah, except for your face, torso, arms and legs!"

Seunghyun, Jiyong and Youngbae watched in amusment as the two bickered on what movie they should watch. Suddenly, all the shouting stopped and all eyes turned to Mari.

She had walked in with a knife in her right hand.

______________________________________________________

a/n OMO! what's she going to do? She probably got sick of their fighting...

You guys are lucky, DOUBLE UPDATE!!

-WitchChunji