Family Reputation

I hate this wedding dress

Mari POV

 

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

"THE FAMILY'S REPUTATION!"

"YOU'RE ALREADY ENGAGED!"

"YOUR FUTURE!"

"YOUR HUSBAND!"

"THE FAMILY REPUTATION"

"THE REPORTERS!

"THE FAMILY REPUTATION!!"

 

I block out my parent's insane lecture about my ''disgraceful'' display with Youngbae oppa.

My mind wanders back and the feel of his lips on mine lingers. I smile to myself and touch my lips softly.

 

"Are you even listening?" Oh crap, now they're gonna ground me.

"That's it! You do anything like this again, you aren't allowed to go out after school. If you so much as REFUSE to marry, you will be disowned!" My mother was always over-dramatic.

 

"Go to your room." Thanks dad for NOT threatening me.

 

I slam my door and get undressed.  I stare at the mirror. All this is gonna have to belong to one of the top three on day. But I'm gonna do everything in my power to prevent that from happening. I get dressed in my pyjamas and wash my face; since I have no chance of escaping this hell hole.

I collapse my bed and instantly fall asleep. I dream of the future. That sounds so cryptic but I do dream of the future. I was married already to a man with no face. But I do notice his ring, its beautiful, but it doesn't look like my ring. I wake up and its 12:45 pm. I didn't eat, so I must be hungry. I walk slowly downstairs to the kitchen and open the fridge.

"Ne. Ne. Mari will move in on Monday. Ne. The boys will take turns her bringing her to school. Ani, they won't do anything. Mari isn't like that. She wouldn't be bothered. Ne. Bye." It was my father. So HE was the culprit. My respect towards my dad suddenly ran away with my appetite.

 

I walk quietly upstairs and look out my window. The tree has been cut down, along with my hopes of escape. I guess I'll just have to ride out the waves and see where it takes me. Next time I see an opportunity of escape, I'll take it and go. ''I promise." I say to my self. I tuck myself back into bed and fall asleep again.

_______________________________________________

A/N

Mianhe for not updating :(

I have 2 more assessments due this week; History presentation and Civics (politics) report . I think they're the last. (fingers and toes crossed!)

After that, I'm free to update!

*fist pump*

Sorry for the short chapter too :(

I'll do a double update next time. I PROMISE~

-WitchChunji  (Belated happy birthday to L.Joe)