Empty rooms and hurting hearts; we fill and drown it with alcohol

I hate this wedding dress

It had been two days since the dinner. Mari had locked herself in her room, only going out for classes and getting food. The two Seunghyun's fought every night, accusing  each other for hurting Mari and using her. Jiyong felt an immense feeling of anger-towards the two guys and also towards Mari; Over the few months, he had grown to like Mari. He was sincerely admiring her from afar; yet he was also being ignored by her. Jiyong couldn't focus in class and often went out at night, just to avoid the other people living under the same roof with him.

He had grown tired of their screams and shouts. The music throbbed in his ears, causing them to ache and ring. It was 11pm, by now, he had consumed five glasses of strawberry tequila, three of vodka and two of a unique cocktail called the' corpse reviver'.  He was heavily intoxicated. But he knew that this wasn't enough to make him forget and make him immune of his feelings.

Frustrated, he pushed the women grinding on him away and sped home. His mind was heavy and full of razing thoughts.   He could feel his limbs drag along the ground as he staggered to the front door.

He groaned when he heard plates breaking and yells of hate across the kitchen and living room. "Me? ? Who was the one bringing home women every night?"

Jiyong was getting pissed. "You're the because she believed that you loved her! ! She started to love you! I bet she doesn't even know your other past girlfriends."

"Why you!" Several clashes and thuds were heard after and Jiyong's anger level was through the roof. He gathered his anger and courage and stormed to the kitchen. "Guys…" He called out. He was ignored.

"STOP!" He yelled. They ceased their fight and stared at the drunk and mad Jiyong.

"I am sick of this! All you've ever done was fight and be untruthful." Jiyong sighed. "No one thought of how I've felt these past months. No one wants to know my opinion. ALL OF YOU ALWAYS NEGLECT ME!" Jiyong was full of fire and didn't hesitate to spit it all out. "Why do you keep fighting over Mari and then fail to realise that she's locked herself in her room every night?" They let go of each other and their eyes softened.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? LET'S ASK MARI HERSELF."

Jiyong stomped to Mari's room and slammed open the door. He expected a yelp or gasp, but he didn't expect a pile of short dresses on the floor, her makeup bag open and the window to be open either. Moreover, he didn't expect the room to be empty.

_____

 

It was crowded with drunk people; swaying to the beat. The light set was dark and concealed identities. The women dresses with clothing to their thighs. Men dressed with class. There was none of this so called 'swag' in the building.  Bartenders were clad in glittery bowties and black vests. Their hair was messily sleeked back.

She sat at the further end of the bar. Men dared to approach her and feel her up; only to be shaken away and yelled at. The bartender that served her recognised her and felt only pity. He made sure she didn't consume more alcohol she could handle (Him knowing because she was a regular customer of course).

It was the fourth man Mari had spat at. The bartender watched, amused. But his eyes diverted to the scowling and cursing on the dance floor. "OW! You , don't push!" Three men, wearing casual jeans and t-shirt pushed and shoved through the floor and earned a lot of glares.

'Yah! Mister, give me another pink lady pleassssse." Mari smiled, her eyes droopy and thickly lined with black.  The bartender intelligently poured water into a glass and slipped pink food colouring in the water. He gave it to her and watched as she drunk it.  "Thank you, that was delicious." She winked at him and started playing with her fingers, occasionally asking if they were pretty enough. "I should really get my nails done soon." He nodded and continued wiping the glass. "Once I got them done in pink and green. I hated it. But I liked the shade of pink-Just like my drink! Hey...who drank my cocktail?" She pouted.

The bartender chuckled and casted his eyes to the three men. They seemed to be searching for someone.  They approached the bar. "Hey have you seen a (probably) thin girl around 5 foot-seven? She might me wearing a lot of makeup today…"

"Sir, but you just described almost all of the women here." The men groan and sighed in annoyance. "God! Where is Mari?" One of the men half-yelled.

Then, the girl turned around. "Someone said my name? Oppa bartender?" She pouted and stretched out her glass, asking for more. "Mari!" It was obviously Seunghyun, his deep voice revealing his identity. "Huh? Oh its you." Her voice sounded full of hate. Jiyong grabbed her shoulders; "Come on Mari, we're going home."

Mari sighed and waved goodbye to the bartender. "Bye bye oppa-bartender." She smiled cutely and blew a flying kiss. Jiyong felt his heart clench and he caught the kiss and put it in his pocket. He turned to the bartender and glared at him. The Seunghyuns had already went ahead to prepare the car for a drunk and possibly sick girl.

They arrived home and Jiyong slapped Seunghyun's hands away when he almost picked up Mari. "I'll do it." He growled. Very gently, he set her down on her bed. After placing painkillers and water beside her bed, he sat beside her bed. "The roles have switched." he scoffed. "I'm the one supposed to be drunk and sleep, while you're the one supposed to be awake, worried and heartbroken. The drama is very vise versa don't you think?" He lovingly her hair. "This drama is also too painful for me to complete.

"Nothing is going to end happily for me is it? You're going to chose someone else and leave me alone...like you've always done." Tears fell from his eyes. "Crap, I'm normally a strong person. Mari, what have you done to me? After I met you, all I feel is immense pain."  He sighed and rested his head on his arms. His eyes were closing and he felt drowsiness overtake him.

 

"The only way I can put my feelings into words is the pathetic and painful phrase : I love you."

____________________

 

I realise that I don't update much, nor do I comment back often. Please know that I appreciate all the comments I receive <3

I don't update often because I am extremelly busy with my studies; there is another reason why I don't update often, but that’s kinda personal and painful to talk about…

 

Thanks for reading guys ^^

-WitchChunji