Although I'm not happy watching you embrace another man, you wish for my happiness. Because I love you, I'll be happy ..for you

I hate this wedding dress

YoungBae POV

There's nothing better than sound of construction workers creating a racket in the morning. I groaned as I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom where I cleanse myself. After bathing, I dressed in simple jeans and t-shirt. I grabbed my keys and phone, and exited the hotel. I entered the company van and the crew greeted a good morning from everyone. I simply nod and let my mind wander. The thought of Mari's touch, her smile; the pleasing sound of her laugh-They all willed me to work harder every concert. I almost shed a tear when I am reminded that she couldn't be mine. Or ever be mine.

I was shown to the makeup room, where the Noonas applied all sorts of makeup on my face and worked magic on my hair. I was given some clothes to put on. I don't really care what I wear. I want my fans to like the most because of my talent, not my looks. Albeit, pleasing appearance scores bonus points.

Taking a deep breath, I step out onto the stage. The crowd roared when the music began. For every note in every song, I dedicated it to Mari. Only she could be my fuel, my source of power. The thought of her kept me going. The exhilarating feeling of performing pleased me. It was addicting. Sometimes, I would lose myself in between each song. I forgot of all the things that bothered me. I was happy. The music filled me. But soon enough, the songs ended and the feeling faded; music could only fill the emptiness temporarily. The crowd continued to roar afterwards. It pleased me to see my fans enjoy my performances. But the curtain came down and the show was ended; then, my smiles always faded, as I was reminded of the one thing I desired, but could not have.

I walked out of the change rooms, clad in my jeans again. I wiped off the remaining makeup off my face. I stopped at my tracks when I saw Mari's parents looking at me. I politely bowed and greeted them. They greeted me back and sat me down. "Youngbae-ah. You've always been beside Mari." Her mother started. Mari's father continued. "But Mari is a grown woman now. Especially now, she needs space to get accustomed to her new way of life." I furrowed my brows, confused. "Youngbae, we feel that it is best for our daughter, if you stay away from her; at least until after the wedding. Then, you may make you comeback into her life." My blood boiled as they explained their wishes to me. I don't know how I did it, but I guess I had somehow managed to pluck up all my courage and affection towards Mari that I spoke back confidently against Mari's parents. "With all due respect Sir, I don't think you are thinking for the benefit of your daughter. I think that you would rather risk your daughter's happiness than your own reputations. If you say that she's a grown woman, than she is well fit to make her own decisions for herself. Thus, I offer you an agreement." They lean forward.

"Go on." They urged me. "I will ask Mari herself if she wants me in her life, and if I am rejected, I will abide by your wishes and disappear from her life. I will move to America and put my career on hiatus." I sighed. I can’t believe I said that. I worked so hard to get where I was now. "What happens when she accepts?" Her mother asked. "Then, you will cease the arranged marriage and wish for nothing but Mari's happiness." I concluded.

They looked at each other and agreed. I grabbed my things bowed once more. "Then, I'll be leaving first." I said and left. I took a taxi back and packed my luggage. It was my last concert anyway; I'd have to return home either way. I exited the hotel and checked out. I was then greeted by my crew and their luggage’s in the van. We arrived to the airport and walked through the gates. The flight wasn't that long. I slept the whole way, dreaming of nothing but Mari.

We arrived at the later hour of 11pm. We all collected our bags from the carousel. Another van met us. Throughout the ride, I thought of some new dance moves. Humming the tune in my head, I thought of Mari. Soon, I was home.

I left my bags at my living room and raced to the shower. I scrubbed and scrubbed, loving the feeling of home. After I rummaged through all the cupboards, devouring everything that pleased my appetite. Full in the stomach, I fell asleep on the couch. I suddenly awoke at 7.45am. I got dressed and grabbed my car keys, locking the front door; I walked to Mari's house and knocked at the front door. No answer. I knock a little harder. No response. I banged at the door with my fists. Then, the sound of a yelp of pain then a loud thump came. The door swung open to reveal a very grumpy looking Daesung. "What happened to you?" I asked, amused. "That stupid table happened." He said pointing at the glass table beside the staircase. I chuckled. "What are doing here so early?" He asked. "I need to talk to Mari." I grinned at his morning hair. Daesung frowned and stepped outside with me, closing the door behind him. "Well, you won't find her here." He said with a low voice. My grin merged into a frown. "Where is she?" He rubbed his neck. "Seoul Hospital. She kinda collapsed." I grew worried. "Nothing serious of course, just some stress and lack of proper rest and nutrition." I thanked him and ran to my car, firing up the engine. I sped towards the hospital.

I arrive in no less than half an hour. I asked the receptionist where Mari's room was and she directed me to a room located in the VIP floor. I ran there and smiled when I saw Mari asleep and Seunghyun sitting on the chair beside her. I was about to open the door, when he kissed her. And like all fairy tales, Sleeping Beauty woke up. My heart pounded and my stomach twisted and turned. I watched at Seunghyun grew embarrassed. I saw him walking towards the door and quickly hid behind an artificial plant beside the door, so he wouldn't see me. He came back with the doctor, who left the door slightly ajar. "You can take her home tonight." He said and exited. I watched from the window on the door as Seunghyun suddenly confessed. My blood turned to lava. How could he say such a thing? I watched from afar as I heard Mari confess back. The world seemed to stop moving, like in the movies, somehow, my heart dropped. My face grew wet from the tears. I watched as they kissed and hugged. My mind told me to run while my heart willed me to go in and break them apart. But I had lost my trust for my heart. I had been relying on it for too long and look where that got me. Instead, I ran. I sprinted to the elevator and wiped my tears away. I can't cry. I must not cry.

The elevator was stopped by Seunghyun who had a big grin on his face. He inspected me and asked me pointless questions. I glared at him. I felt hate and blame and too much pain. He asked me why I was at the hospital. I told him the easiest lie and the bastard believed me. I asked how Mari was doing and he lied to me. I simply nodded. The doors opened and I walked out first. But I stopped soon after. He kept walking. I called out to him and he looked back. "Be good to her." I said and walked away.

I walked out of the hospital, where my fantasies ended and reality struck me hard. She never loved me. And if she did, she couldn’t have. Family came first. And her family was against our relationship. I walked past a playground. But I didn’t stop there to cry, like in most dramas. Instead, I walked on. I walked as far as my feet took me. I walked until my heart couldn’t take anymore emotions.  

Like a fool, I had stood too far way, that I was lost. Like a fool, I walked away from my love. I walked away and never looked back. I kept walking till I reached an alleyway. I yelled, willing my pain out. But that didn't help. I crouched down and cried like I never cried before. My eyes poured like a storm.

And just like that, it was over.

Like when the final lyrics are sung, the final curtain fell, and the show ended. Because I couldn't have my own fairy-tale; I was the third wheel-the bad guy, and the bad guy never had their happy endings.

Because I loved her too much, I left for her sake.

Because I was a fool in love.

 

_____________________________________________________________

FINALLY!! Explanation is explained.

I had to re-type this because stupid me exited the tab and didnt save my work PABO~

It's like...12.30am -_- FUUUUU

I'll edit this later. I edited it!

I wrote this whilst listening to K.Will's Please Don't LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=PdUiCJnRptk

Thank you, and good morning.

-WitchChunji

 

P.S you like the gif? keke ^^