Mari's parents

I hate this wedding dress

 

Seunghyun awoke with sadness in his heart. The feeling of longing manifested inside of him. Not longing for Mari, but for the woman in the photos.

It was true that he used Mari to forget his first love.

 

SEUNGHYUN POV

First love. Tch.

NO such thing. The feeling I felt wasn't of pure love. It was more like...longing...to be loved. Hormones right?  All that teenage hormonal growth was what it probably was. She was friendly and beautiful.

But what I felt was influenced by my mind. I was telling myself what to feel.

I was influenced by friends telling me how attractive she looked...right?

Damn, I don’t even what I feel now.

I sigh and slither out of my safe confinements of my bed and suddenly get hit by the fresh air of the morning. It's Friday, which means I have class at 2.30pm. "Far out, it's Rap techniques class. I need to practise." Statistics show that people who talk to themselves are more likely to be smarter. I talk to myself a lot, but OH DAMN Seungri talks 24/7 what does that make him?

After dressing myself in a thin, but warm enough jacket, I exit my room, leaving my unmade bed. I yawn and walk past Mari's room. I need to check up on her. I push the already open door and find Mari asleep on her bed; her thick dark hair only half covering her face. I feel so ashamed. How could I do that to someone? I used her to forget my feelings about someone else. I sigh and she suddenly turns to lie on her back. I hold my breath. After making sure she was still asleep, I walked closer. My heart pounded when I found a lump beside her. Pillow maybe? The pillow moved and to mu surprise, I found Jiyong lying with her, asleep. I gasped and ran for it.

Are they together? I mean, they looked comfortable together. When I was with Mari, we didn't even do anything like that… What am I saying? She doesn't even like me anymore. Not even as a friend.

God, I really messed up didn't I?

_____

Meanwhile in America, California

 

The sun is blinding.

It's been a month, and not a day goes past where I don't think of Mari. What is she wearing today? Where is she going? Does Seunghyun Hyung treat her well? Is she happy? Does she miss me? Does she think of me often?

I've laid low for the past month, avoiding large towns and cities. Although, that’s almost impossible when you're living in California. 

I've been distracting myself. Well, I've tried to. The people here are very social. Very very social. You wouldn't believe the parties teens hold here. Almost every night I hear the sounds of faint music. In the day time, the women like to jog along the beaches wearing only a sports bra and tight leggings. Yes, it is sometimes seductive. But no matter how many women I indulge myself on, I can never seem to forget Mari.

Dammit Youngbae.

I expect Mari to have chosen one out of the three by now. I wonder how she's coping with the marriage arrangements.

Sometimes I miss Korea. Most of all, I miss making music and performing it in front of an audience. When I miss home, I log onto Allkpop, just to find out what's happening there. It's hard sometimes, at night, my mind torments me by replaying childhood memories of Mari. But I always remember when I confessed to her so daringly. I remember our kiss. She loved me. I know. She kissed back so passionately. Too passionately.

The night is dominating. I only arrived home two hours before. I dry my hair with a towel after a well-deserved shower and turn my computer on. The familiar Google Chrome icon welcomes me and I pay a visit to my friend Allkpop. I scroll down, looking for articles that interest me. I have to scroll through at least three pages until a name sparks my interest.

"Actor, Song Seungheon and wife, Miyoung urges daughter to quickly marry"

I click the article and read as follows:

 

"Actor, Song Seung Heon and wife are under neitizen's whips after revealing that they strongly encourage their daughter Song Mari (19) to marry before the decade is over. Not even having graduated from Seoul Music Academy, fans of the actor are beginning to frown upon the Song couple's methods of raising a child.

It is also rumoured that they have arranged a marriage for their daughter. The eligible bachelors, yes, plural-bachelors, are thought to be Kwon Jiyong (also known as G Dragon), Lee Seunghyun (known as Seungri) and the infamous Choi Seunghyun (T.O.P).

Some may recall Choi Seunghyun as a guest in Strong Heart after  being voted the 'most talented at rapping' and also the 'most wanted man'. All three men have been revealed to be living at the same house as Mari, in the hopes of getting closer to each other. Again, the Songs have been receiving backlash on the scandalous and unorthodox choice of making three young men live with a young woman.

'It's not like our daughter isn't  safe there, her cousin sometimes sleeps there also.' Defended Song Miyoung.

Reporters have snooped around the school and have interviewed some of Mari's teachers.

Teacher 'A' has stated, "Mari is an incredibly talented student, but lately she has been missing classes."

Another teacher (B) has also stated :Whenever the three boys (Jiyong, Seunghyun and Seungri) arrive for class, they always glare at each other and they stay away from each other; which is a definite surprise, because they were always close friends. This arrangement has not only affected Mari's school life, but also the boys' studies as well. It's a really disappointing."

Neitizens have commented the following:

"I feel bad for Mari, it would be so hard to choose between G Dragon, T.O.P and Seungri...not really, I'd pick T.O.P."

"Some people would kill to be in Mari's shoes. Seriously, have you seen them?"

"Why does the media have to interfere?"

"She better not steal my oppa."

Although Song Seung Heon himself has not released any statements about this, many agree that Mari is between a rock and a hard place."

 

Mari's not happy?

Dammit, if only I was there.

DAMMIT. I slam my fist onto the table.

____

Meanwhile in Gangnam-Gyu

The morning light creeps in through the windows. The front door bangs open. "SONG MARI!" Everyone was already up, but barely awake, eating their breakfast awkwardly. "Oh...Umma...Appa…"

"Well? Have you decided yet?" Mari's mother crosser her arms.

"Um…"

"Good God girl, don't just stare blankly, SPEAK UP, or we'll choose for you." Her father expressed his impatience through frantic hand gestures.

"Mr Song…" Jiyong tried to interrupt.

"Not now Jiyong." Song Miyoung snapped.

"Well...I was thinking…" Mari looked at the three boys.

"Well? WELL WHO IS IT? WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY." Song Seungheon raged.

"S-Seungri. SEUNGRI!" She nervously pointed to the man she chose, who only widened his eyes and pointed to himself. "Bwoh? Naega?" Mari nodded.
"W-wae?" He whispered and turned to look for Jiyong, but he was no longer in the house.

"THANK GOD! Seunghyun."

The two Seunghyuns answered: "Yes?"

Seungheon laughed heartedly. "Mian Mian, I meant Seungri." The younger boy sat up. "Go get the ring."

"Wha-Oh ok…" He dashed off and fetched the ring from under his bed.

When he came back, he slipped the ring on Mari's finger and his own as well. Mari and her parents began talking about wedding dresses and other wedding arrangements; actually, her parents did most of the talking, Mari wasn't so sure that she wanted to marry Seungri. She wasn't sure that she wanted to marry any of the three boys. She suddenly plucked up her courage and asked, "Umma, where's Youngbae? Have you heard from him?" The smile on her parents faces disappeared.

Seungheon cleared his throat, "Mari-ah. Youngbae has gone overseas for a well deserved holiday. He was feeling stressed lately, so he decided to go for a holiday. It was one of those last minute things you know?" He smiled at his daughter.

T.O.P sniggered silently. Seungri turned to his hyung, "Hyung, I think you better go find Jiyong hyung." T.O.P nodded and excused himself.

After what seemed to be hours (15 minutes in reality) of discussing marriage arrangements, they decided to go for a simple wedding, only after agreeing that most of the money should be spent on Mari's dress and makeup.  This was actually suggested by Seungri himself, knowing that the marriage wouldn't last long anyway. Mr and Mrs Song left and the silence sneaked its way back into the house.

"Sorry for picking you Seungri...Its just, I'm not really comfortable with Seunghyun right now, and I barely know Jiyong.. So…"

"Nah, It's ok. But." His grin vanished. "Let me tell you, that I'm not in love with you, I like you-as a friend, but I don't love you. The one who loves you was, shall we say, banished."

"Banished?"

"Yes."

"Who?"

"You know who."

He left Mari in the kitchen and got ready for class.

A few minutes of thinking about what her now fiancée said to her, Mari decided to attend class for the first time in a while.

_______

Back in America, California.

 

I refreshed the page, a new article came up. Only one.

"Song Mari to be a bride at the age of 19"

My heart was tore apart as I read;
 

"Song Mari, daughter of hallyu star  Song Seungheon has been confirmed to have chosed Lee Seunghyun (Seungri) as her future husband.

Although many have already frown upon the methods of the arranged marriage, nietizens can now only wish them the very best for the future. Their marriage is reported to be a simple one, with most of the money going to Mari's dress of course. The date has not yet been set, but both Mr and Mrs Song have announced that they are delighted that their daughter picked Seungri.

"Yes, the marriage is to be simple. We haven't chosen venues or finalised the details yet, but I have a certain singer in mind to sing for the wedded couple. Who you ask? Dong Youngbae of course. Hahaha… Yah Youngbae! Come back from America, we miss you. Sing for your best friend at her wedding ok? Hahaha…" Song Seungheon was obviously overjoyed.

 

Neitizens comment:

"At first, I thought she would pick T.O.P, and I was angry with her then; but when she picked Seungri, I practically welcomed her like a long lost best friend. Hwaiting Mari-ssi!"

"May all love and happiness go to them both."

"Wow, a lot of marriages and couples announcing their relationships this year...I need to re-arrange my bias list."

"I will kill her."

Reporters have again snooped around Seoul Music Academy and Teachers A and B have stated:

"Jiyong and Seunghyun have not attended their first two classes today, I hope this isn't about Mari's engagement." "Mari finally attended class today, along with Seungri, she looked troubled though and she kept spacing out. I feel bad for the four of them." After reading the neitizen and teacher's comments, I have finally come to a conclusion. And that is: You cannot please everybody."

 

I should be feeling anger and jealousy, and most of all sadness, but I feel inspired. I hurriedly stumble to the piano in the other room and grab a couple of music sheets and a pencil. I play a few notes and it sounds good. I write them down and continue playing.I pour my heart out; speak my feelings and thoughts into the music. I edit my song and play it once more. The melody is bitter sweet and my lyrics are even more.

After I finished with my master piece, I sit back and realise that it's 1:00am already. I walk to my room and fall onto my bed. It creaks and I take a mental note to work out more. "Need to be fit for Mari's wedding right?"

And again, I dream of Mari, but this time, I welcomed it.

__

I wonder if any of you know where this is going...hmm…

This had got to be the longest chapter I've written…typed.

Anyway, hope you guys like it :)

 [Not edited…]

 

~**Comment and Subscribe** ~

 

-WitchChunji