Eight

One More Chance

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

Jiyong looked around him with his eyebrows forming a straight line. He was standing at Bom’s doorstep and intending to visit his daughter but what welcomed him are two huge pink lug gages and a little one. He already has an inkling on who’s the owner of the luggages. And that what’s made him more confused.

 

 

He was about to open the door and step inside when it magically opened by it’s own, revealing Minzy who is smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

“Jiyong oppa!” Minzy exclaimed when she saw who was standing at the doorstep. “Eun mi-ah, your dad’s here!” she shouted slightly. And soon after, Eun mi came running towards him while waving a purple plush toy he is familiar of.

 

 

“Daddy!” the little girl called him as she jumped her way in his arms. Jiyong caught her and kissed the top of her head before proceeding inside to find Dara.

 

 

“Daddy, look! It’s tam-tam!” Eun mi excitedly said as she waved the doll in front of Jiyong’s face. “Mommy said that aunt Chaerin made this for her,” the little girl continued.

 

 

Jiyong knew about that. Dara is always holding her precious ‘tam-tam’ whenever they will be left alone in his room. He was even irritated at that doll because that thing keeps on stealing Dara’s attention.

 

 

Jiyong shook the thoughts away then he smiled at his daughter before smiling wickedly as soon as he spotted Dara on the kitchen, busy over something. Jiyong put his finger on his mouth, telling Eun mi to keep quiet, as he started tiptoeing towards the preoccupied Dara.

 

 

“Hey,” he said in a low voice when he got near her.

 

 

“Oh my, God!” Dara exclaimed, jumping in place when she felt a hand wrapped her waist. She was busy packing some food for her and Eun mi when someone suddenly interrupted her. She immediately stopped what she’s doing before turning around so she could yell at her intruder.

 

 

“Yah!” she said as she glared seeing Jiyong with an innocent look on his face.

 

 

“What?” he asked.

 

 

Dara just glared at him again before turning to her daughter who is in the arms of Jiyong. “Baby, I think you should let tam-tam rest now,” she said as she looked lovingly at the doll that has been hers for almost fifteen years now.

 

 

“Tssss, it’s just a doll,” Jiyong said, wanting to tease Dara more.

 

 

“Whatever, Jiyong,” she retorted back as she rolled her eyes at him.

 

 

“Baby, is it just me or your mommy’s not in the mood right now?” Jiyong asked his daughter. The little girl giggled first before leaning forward towards her father so that she could whisper something in his ears.

 

 

“Mommy’s just tired, daddy. She’s packing all our stuff because we’re moving houses today,” the little girl said.  

 

 

Jiyong raised an eyebrow as he looked back at Dara. “You’re moving? Where?” he asked.

 

 

“It’s near. You can still visit Eun mi every time,” she nonchalantly said as she went back to what she’s doing earlier before she got distracted by Jiyong.

 

 

“Daddy,” Eun mi started as she wrapped her arms around her father’s neck, “why can’t you live with mommy and I? I wanted you to be there whenever mom and I would have breakfast together,” she said.

 

 

“I also want to be with your mom and of course you, but I think your mom is against me living with you,” Jiyong said as he purposefully made his voice a little louder so Dara could hear him. “Why don’t you ask mommy?” he said as he put his daughter down before crossing his arms across his chest.

 

 

Eun mi held tam-tam tighter to her chest as she walked towards her mother. She then tugged at Dara’s pants to get her attention. Dara already knew what Eun mi was about to ask her. She sighed defeatedly because even before Eun mi could ask for it, she will already give it to her. She turned to her daughter as she smiled down at her before crouching down.

 

 

“Mommy?” Eun mi asked hesitantly.

 

 

“Hmmmm?”

 

 

“Can daddy live with us?”

 

 

Dara sighed once more. It will be too awkward for her and Jiyong to live in one place even if their relationship now is better than before.  And mostly, it will be uncomfortable for her knowing that the man she loves and the father of her child is living with them under one roof. But she will withstand all the awkwardness just for Eun mi’s happiness.

 

 

“Of course, baby,” she said as she bent down a little to place a soft kiss on her daughter’s cheeks. “Why don’t you go to aunt Chaerin and ask her to make some clothes for tam-tam, neh? Mommy will finish this immediately,” she said. Eun mi nodded her head obediently before turning her heels around and running towards her aunt who is watching the television.

 

 

“Are you sure?” Jiyong asked as he went near towards her. He then leaned on the sink just beside Dara. She momentarily glanced at her side before returning at what she’s doing, ignoring the fast beatings of her heart.

 

 

“Hmm,” she hummed as she started reaching for the fruits. But then, Jiyong caught her wrist which made her gasps softly. Jiyong turned her to face him and soon after, her soft brown orbs met his dark chocolate ones. She was holding her breath inside her lungs as she let herself be drown in the deepness of his eyes. 

 

 

“Dara, I know it must awkward for you and all, but I want to live with you and Eun mi,” he said that made Dara’s inner self jump up and down happily. Jiyong wanted to live with her, not just with Eun mi but also with her. It gave her a teeny bit of hope that maybe, someday, Jiyong would learn how to love her just the way she wanted him to love her.

 

 

“Many years have passed already and I have completely forgiven you from hiding Eun mi from me. I’ve accepted the fact that even if I stay mad at you, it won’t bring the times I’ve lost with Eun mi, instead I should just try harder to make it up with her,” he stepped closer towards her that made the distance between them a little shorter. Dara roamed her eyes hungrily at the face of the man she’s loved for quite a while now. Oh god, how I missed this man. She thought to herself.

 

 

“The time where Eun mi and I was sleeping on the couch when you came in…. I wasn’t actually sleeping that time. I was wide awake and I heard every bits of what you said,” he confessed that made Dara blush to no extent. “I shouldn’t have made you a part of the list of women who I had an affair. But then, if our affair didn’t happen, then there won’t be Eun mi making us all happy, neh?”

 

 

“Yes,” she choked out as she cleared . Jiyong was standing too close for comfort. And her heart decided to do somersaults inside her chest that didn’t help either.

 

 

“Dara, I know this might sound too much but could we at least, start a new? I mean, let’s forget the hurtful memories we had and let’s start making happy ones. I know this is too much to ask knowing that I’m still not in love with you yet but I think I’m getting there,” he cupped her face with both of his hands before leaning his forehead on hers.

 

 

Dara stayed silent for a minute, contemplating the consequences if ever she would grab the chance to be with Jiyong again. But then, someone inside her said that she have to take a leap of faith. Trust her whatever her heart is  telling her and set aside the doubt in her mind.

 

 

She slowly nodded her head against his before smiling at him. Jiyong smiled back at her as he leans down. Soon after, their lips met. Gentle at first but becoming aggressive. They both felt the same feeling they always felt whenever their lips would touch in such a passionate manner during those times in the past.

 

 

While they were passionately lip locking, Dara’s head screamed, ‘Tell him now!’. she closed her eye tightly, forcing the voice inside her to disappear. But it just keeps on getting louder and louder. She sighed against her lips before pushing him away slightly.

 

 

Jiyong smiled at her once again as he brushed her lips with his thumb. Then he placed a peck on it, and feeling still not yet satisfied, he leaned down again. Dara was about to answer his kisses but then she still have something to tell him. She placed her palms on his chest as she looked up at him.

 

 

“Ji, I have something important to say,” she started.

 

 

“Go on, say it,” he gently said as he tightens the hold around her waist.

 

 

“It’s about Eun mi,” she nervously said.

 

 

“What about her?” he asked. Feeling a little worried about what Dara has to say to him.

 

 

“She…….uhmm…..She’s……,” Dara doesn’t know how to start. She was afraid of what his reaction might be and she’s afraid that he might be angry at her for what she was about to tell. She heaved a deep breath, collecting enough courage to let the words out of .

 

 

She closed her eyes tightly as she took in a deep breath once more. Then she opened and said what she should have said from the very beginning…..

 

 

 

“Eun mi has leukemia.”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Okay guys, you can kill me now for ending the chapter here! LOL.. I'm just joking. I'm sorry if it took me this long to update. I was so busy at scholl. T_T Urgh! I hope it's vacation already. Thank you again for reading this crappy story! :DD I'll update again as soon as I can.. Comments are well aprreciated!