One

One More Chance

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I might have done something really great in my past life. Want to know why? Because I have everything I have dreamed of right now. I’m part of 2NE1, a popular girl group in Korea. Cheondong, my brother, also belongs to a boy group which is popular as well. I have built the dream house for my mother. Durami, my younger sister, is studying in a prestigious school here. What more can I ask for right?

 

 

But…….there is one thing I really want to have. It is the love of the man I love.

 

 

“Dara-yah, breakfast is ready,” someone’s voice returned me back to reality. It sounded like Bom’s voice but I’m not sure. I stood up from my bed and went outside to see Bom standing in front of my door, waiting for me. She smiled at me before walking towards the kitchen which is approximately just ten steps away from my room.

 

 

“What’s our schedule for today, unnie?” Minzy asked me as she took a bite of the bread she’s holding.

 

 

“We have a photo shoot this morning for our album, then we have to rehearse the dance steps for our new song, then at the evening, we have to shoot for Strong Heart with the rest of the YG Family,” I said confidently as I already memorized our schedule for today even before I went to sleep last night.

 

 

Our leader and my hubby, Chaerin, went to the table while rubbing her eyes with her hands. She must have been staying up all night trying to compose songs. That has been her agenda for a while now. She wants to be the one writing the songs of our group album in the near future. And of course, as a loyal friend, I always make sure that I can support entirely. There was one time that I slept inside her room because I have been suggesting what themes would be the best for our group.

 

 

“Writing songs again, CL-roo?” Bom asked.

 

 

Chaerin flashed her cheeky smile, which she rarely shows to the public, and nodded her head like an obedient student.

 

 

“Unnie! I’ve come up with this song.. It’s not yet finished but the theme is…..,” Chaerin stopped as she furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head to right, “……about an affair,” she finished.

 

 

The smile on my face slowly vanished hearing what the theme of Chaerin’s song is. I don’t know if I would be offended, which is not necessary, because I happens to be in an affair with someone at the moment.

 

 

I whipped my head on my side and saw Bom choking on her orange juice while throwing daggers at Chaerin with her eyes. I looked at Chaerin and she has this apologetic look on her face. I smiled reassuringly at her before turning my attention again towards Bom, who is coughing loudly. I placed my hand on her back as I slightly tapped it.

 

 

“Are you okay?” I asked as soon as Bom stopped the coughing madness.

 

 

“Yes, I’m fine,” she replied as she forced up a smile.

 

 

“Uhhhmm.. Unnies, I think we should get ready now. We might be late…,” Minzy said hesitantly as she placed down her glass of milk before glancing at the clock hanged on the wall.

 

 

“I think Minzy’s right,” I said as I smiled at each and one of them before standing up and going to my room. But before I could close my door completely, I can hear their hushed voices..

 

 

“Yah! You shouldn’t have blurted out the theme of your song a while ago.. Aigooo, this Chaerinie!” that was Bom’s voice, I’m sure. She has this unique sound of voice whenever she’s mad, frustrated or irritated.

 

 

“Mianhe, Bommie unnie. I was just excited that I get to finish a song and Dara unnie’s been very excited for me as well about song writing that’s why I can’t help myself from saying that,” and that would be Chaerin.

 

 

“Unnies, I think it’s best for us to just be happy for Dara unnie, right? She and Jiyong oppa are really doing great, aside from the fact that what they have is only an affair,” Minzy said. I can hear sadness in her voice when I heard the last part of her sentence.

 

 

I smiled sadly before closing my door slowly, making sure that it won’t produce any sound. I proceeded to the bathroom and sat at the side of the bath tub with my thoughts lingering on what the girls, especially Minzy, said.

 

 

True, Jiyong and I are doing great aside from the fact that what we have is only an affair. But I couldn’t help to feel that something is missing. It felt like what we have is only for the mean time. I know I was stupid for agreeing to this affair, but who can blame me? I only wanted to experience what would it feel having the great Kwon Jiyong by your side, prentending to yourself that he is in love with you.

 

 

The girls, especially, Bom was mad at me when they first heard about the situation I drag myself in. They knew from the start that I was in love with Jiyong since we were trainees. I was hoping for them to understand why I did agree on it.

 

 

Kwon Jiyong is young; of course he would tend to play around here and there. Flirt with different girls and be in scandal with different idols. But when he asked me if I wanted to be in an affair with him, no strings attached, I grabbed it. I knew then that it was my only chance to be with him even for a short time. I don’t have any plans on changing him. If this affair would somehow make him fall in love with me, then I will be happy. But if he will, one day, say that we should stop this affair, then I will be happy as well. For somehow, I get to spend some time with the man I love.

 

 

I sighed before forcing up a smile. I cradled my head on my hands when I felt dizzy suddenly. I shook my head slightly as  I stood up from where I was sitting and discarded my clothing as I walked towards the shower. When I was already inside, I turned the knob and splashes of water can be heard. I bowed my head down, the droplets of water pouring down on me while the droplets of my tears pour down on my face.

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

 

 

“Just wait a minute, I need to get something from the kitchen,” I said as I winked at my latest conquest before turning the door knob and walking out of my room.

 

 

Seungri welcomed me with him glaring at me. This rascal, how dare he glare at his hyung… I thought to myself before returning his glare and walking towards the kitchen.

 

 

“What do you think you’re doing, hyung?” that stopped me from my steps. I looked at him and saw accusation in his eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows.. What did I do?

 

 

“Doing what?” I asked.

 

 

“Bringing that model here when you have Dara noona waiting for you in Korea. That’s cheating, hyung,” Seungri said as he pointed towards my room.

 

 

“Tch,” I clicked my tounge, irritated at the maknae, “Your Dara noona knows about this. We agreed on this way before we started our affair. And mind you, rat, affair not relationship.”

 

 

“B-But….. y-you…. D-Dara n-noona….” Seungri stuttered, shock clearly visible on his face. Seungri cleared his throat before constructing his sentence once again, “How could you do this to noona, hyung?”

 

 

“Go, call your noona. Tell her about this… I’m sure she won’t be surprised because as I told you, she knows this will happen sooner than later. And you know that I don’t settle with just one girl, Seungri-ah…. Now if you’ll excuse me,” I said as I frustratingly combed my hands through my hair as I passed by the shocked maknae and got the thing I needed from the kitchen before going back to my room and back to Kiko.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Bye Ji, see you soon,” Kiko said as she bent down and kissed me on the lips. I simply nodded my head and looked at her while she goes out of my room. BigBang is currently staying in Japan for their new album. And they have to go back to Korea just for a night then go back again to Japan.

 

 

I have decided that I would be ending my affair with Dara later this evening when I got back to Korea. I know I should’ve done that first before bringing that model home, but dang! The girl is super-hot I can’t wait to get my hands on her. Blame this hormones on mine.. And I’m sure as hell that once I go back here, Kiko will be waiting for me. I’ve already told her about my rules; the no-strings-attached rule, and she’s okay with it.

 

 

In fact, Dara and the rest of the girls I had bedded were okay with it. It’s not that I treat girls as someone who will be always there if I needed someone who will ease my urges , It’s just that I can’t seems to stick with one girl for a very long time. You might not believe me when in fact, I was vocal about me wanting to get married and have a family of my own soon.

 

 

I really wanted to get married soon but I’m not yet ready to give up my bachelorhood. I am still enjoying what single life has to offer and besides, I haven’t found someone worthy to be called my wife  yet.

 

 

“Jiyong, we need to go now,” I recognized my manager’s voice. I stood up from my bed and got my things. But before I went out of my room, I keyed in a text message to Dara first telling her that I want to meet her in our company’s rooftop after three hours.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I anxiously looked at my phone and smiled seeing that I would just have to wait for another thirty minutes before getting to see him once again. I really missed him so much. His group had been busy for the past months because of their album. And they need to go back to Japan after the shoot.

 

 

“Yah, Dara-yah! Why do you kept on fidgeting in your seat?” Bom asked when she noticed that I kept on moving in my seat while the make-up artist puts some product on my face.

 

 

“It’s nothing,” I mumbled as I once glanced on my phone. Then my eyes widen a bit when Jiyong suddenly sent me a message.

 

 

I’m here.

 

 

Omo! They’re early. I suddenly stood up from my seat and looked at mirror, checking myself if I was presentable enough to face him. My bowed my head in apology at the make-up artist as I mumbled about me going out for a while but will be back as soon as I can. Then I immediately dashed out of the room and went to the rooftop where Jiyong is waiting for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I paused and tried to catch my breath as I stood before the door of the rooftop. I combed my hair and tucked it behind my ears to make it look neatly. I heaved a deep breath before turning the knob and entering. Cold wind immediately greeted me that I have to hug myself. I roamed my eyes round the rooftop and smiled faintly seeing him at the far end, probably watching the lights below.

 

 

I walked towards him and stood beside him. “Hey,” I greeted. He didn’t bother to look at my direction. I just heard him sighed and continued looking ahead of him.

 

 

I was starting to feel a little scared. But I just stood quietly beside him and looked ahead of me, where he was probably looking at also. Then I heard him sighed once more and I knew deep inside me that this would probably the end for me.

 

 

“Dara…….,” he started. I sighed for the first time that night and slowly turned to face him. Ah, I really missed you. I wanted to say but would it be okay? I shook my head slightly before forcing a smile on my face.

 

 

“I know, Jiyong,” I said as I roamed my eyes hungrily along his face. I badly wanted to reach out for him and hug him for I really missed him but that would make me look like a desperate girlfriend trying to cling to her boyfriend in every possible way, right?

 

 

“I’m sorry,” he softly muttered. Right there and then, I wanted to hug him really tight and beg him to love me. But I can’t do that, right? Even if my heart is breaking from the thought that this night would be my last night with him, I still have to accept it, right?

 

 

I turned towards the railing again, afraid that he would see the tears that are threatening to fall from my eyes. I sighed once more. “Pabo,” I giggled forcibly, hoping that he didn’t noticed it. “Why are you saying sorry? I know this affair of ours won’t last… Anyways, thank you for the memories, then,” I discreetly wiped that traitor tear that rolled down from my right eye. Urgh, I hope I could hold it in longer….

 

 

After some time, I turned to him again and saw him smiling at me. Ah, that smile that never failed to make my heart stopped a beat. I smiled up at him again and reached for his cheeks. Then I tiptoed and kissed him on the lips for the last time. I can literally feel my heart breaking into thousand pieces. But I ignored the pain as I focused on this last kiss, this bittersweet kiss.  

 

 

When will I be able to taste your lips again, Jiyong? I asked inside my head. And unknown to me, tears started falling out of my eyes. I hope he hasn’t felt it. I broke out from the kiss and immediately turned my back on him. Then I started wiping the tears angrily. Damn these tears! I can feel him getting near to me. I was desperate to look at him for the last time but these tears won’t stop falling. I wanted to look at him again while I memorize his features for I’m not sure when I’ll be seeing him again.

 

 

“Uhhm,” I cleared my throat, “I-I should get going now. I still need to get my make-up d-done,” I hope my voice sounded as usual. And without even looking at him again, I went towards the door and went out of the roof top.

 

 

When I was sure that the door is closed, I sprinted my way towards the room where the rest of the girls are waiting for me with my tears continuously falling from my eyes.

 

 

“Noona!” I heard Seungri calling me but I just can’t stop my feet from running. I just wanted to get to the girls immediately. I need them right now. I need them for I don’t think I would be able to handle this pain alone. I needed my sisters right now. I need to feel their presence just for me know that I’m not alone.

 

I ran and ran and ran. Seungri was running behind me, trying to catch up with me, but I could care less. And when I was in front of the room, I immediately went inside and shut the door and locked it.

 

 

“Dara unnie?” I heard Chaerin asked. I looked up and thanked the heavens silently when the make-up artists are nowhere to be found. I forced up a smile at my hubby before letting my body slide down along the door slowly.

 

 

“Dara!” I heard Bom exclaimed. And as soon as a heartbeat, I felt their presence around me. My sisters who have been there for me all the time. And I am thankful that they’re here for me because I needed them the most right now.

 

 

I hugged Bom’s arms as the sobs that I have been fighting from coming out rippled from my lungs and throughout my mouth. Sobs after sobs came. I cannot control them. They kept on asking me what happened but I can’t open my mouth to speak. I was already hiccupping due to crying endlessly but the pain is still there.

 

 

I thought that maybe, when this day comes, I wouldn’t be hurt just like now. I already knew that this is going to happen so I have prepared myself for this. But I was wrong….. No matter how prepared I am, it still hurts. The moment when I realized that it was really going to end, it felt like dying. It felt like the air I was breathing was suddenly snatched. It felt like the whole world has turned its back on me. And worst, it felt like my heart is being stomped over and over again by millions of elephants.

 

 

They are right. I was stupid agreeing to that affair when I only that in the end, it would be painful for me. But what can I do? I really love him that I became desperate. Desperate to the point that I would not care if it will be painful for me, as if I was experiencing death.

 

 

I tightened my hold on Bom’s arms. They stopped asking for a while when the real situation sunk in their minds. I heard Chaerin talking to somebody on the phone saying that I won’t be able to attend the shooting for the Strong Heart. I silently thanked them in my mind as the tears just kept on flowing.

 

 

They assisted me up and made me sat in one of the chairs. I buried my head on my palms as I continued sobbing. Then I heard the door opened but I didn’t look up.

 

 

“Dara-yah. Let 678 oppa take you home, neh? We’ll be there with you as soon as we can,” Bom said sweetly. I looked up and saw our manager looking down at me and offering me a gentle smile. I badly wanted to smile back at him but I can’t. I nodded my head slightly as I stood up and let our manager assist me.

 

 

I felt a blanket was wrapped around me and when I looked back, I saw our little Minzy smiling at me. The she went towards me and kissed me on the cheek before hugging me really tight. I tried to hold back the tears and thankfully, I succeed. I managed to say goodbye to them. Manager oppa wrapped his arms around my shoulders and he lead the way outside.

 

 

“Hyung, what happened to Dara?” I heard a voice. His voice. I clutched the blanket around me tightly, hoping that our manager would say something quickly for us to be on our way already. I bowed my head more when I felt another set of tears are threatening to fall.

 

 

“She’s sick…. She won’t be able to attend the shoot,” manager oppa said and immediately started his steps without waiting for Jiyong to reply. I thanked him and he just nodded his head in acknowledgement.

 

 

I sighed in relief when we were already inside the van. The tears that are threatening to fall a while ago burst out like a dam. I managed to tone down my sobs but when I entered my room, I broke down into tears once more.

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

 

Bom’s POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took us approximately five hours shooting that reality show. I also don’t want to attend the shooting for I was worried who will take care of Dara while she was alone, but our manager said that YG sajangnim will be really angry.

 

 

Seeing Dara a while ago broke my heart. I was already close to tears but I held myself back. I need to be strong for her. Chaerin failed to hold her tears back and I was astonished seeing our fierce leader cry. It was our first time seeing Dara so devastated like that. It looked like the heavens and hell was casted upon her. Damn you, Kwon Jiyong!

 

 

A while ago, when I heard Seungri told Seunghyun about a girl Jiyong brought home in their dorm in Japan, I was ready to raise hell and kill that damn guy. But Chaerin tightly held my hand and prevented me from doing so. Saying that Dara would not be happy if I will hurt Jiyong. Instead, I killed him inside my mind over and over again.

 

 

And now, we are on our way to our dorm where Dara might be crying her eyes out. Aigoooo, please stay strong, Dara-yah. I whispered, praying that my Park sister would get through with this.

 

 

I immediately went towards her room when we arrived at our dorm. I didn’t mind knocking for her door was not locked. Darkness welcomed her and I reached for the light switch. I smiled sadly seeing Dara sitting on the edge of her bed, her head bowed down and she is holding something.

 

 

I walked towards her and sat beside her. She might have sensed my presence so she looked up..... I saw fear in her eyes. Why is she scared? I asked myself. Then I noticed the one she was holding.. But before I could look down on her hands and looked at what she is looking at, she beat me to it.

 

 

“I’m pregnant, Bommie,” she said as she showed the pregnancy test with two pink lines.

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: Hohohohoho! :DD I needed to write this one because the plot keeps on popping inside my head. This will be short(again).. :D I'll try to update as soon as I can! :DD