Seven

One More Chance

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

Jiyong walked happily along the hallway of YG Building towards Yang Hyun Suk’s office. He was proudly holding a total of fourteen music sheets which held his newly composed songs.  He was even surprised with himself knowing that he wrote all the fourteen songs in two days.

 

 

Maybe because you’ve found inspiration again. He thought to himself as he knocked on the door. When he heard his YG hyung come in, he didn’t hesitate on opening the door and welcoming himself inside.

 

 

“Hyung, I’ve finished the songs you’ve been bugging me to write. Plus, I added two more songs for Bom noona,” he said as he placed down the music sheets in front of his boss before striding towards the couch.

 

 

“You’re fast,” Hyun Suk said as he got the sheets and scanned them one by one. “I must say, you’re songs have different feeling in it now,” he said.

 

 

“What do you mean, hyung?”

 

 

“Hmmmmm, let’s see..” Hyun Suk said as he rubbed his hands on his chin while looking for a particular music sheet. He was eyeing one line that caught his eyes. “I heard you whisper those three words… I wanted to open my eyes and say ‘I love you, too’…. But I’m not yet sure of myself….. Can you wait for me, baby?” he read the lines in one of Jiyong’s newly composed songs.

 

 

“So, what’s new with that, hyung?” Jiyong tried to act nonchalantly about it but the truth is, his heart is beating erratically inside his chest. He remembers how he heard those words from Dara’s lips while he was pretending to sleep. He wanted to open his eyes the very instance that he felt her lips on his cheeks but he stopped himself.

 

 

“Your songs before feels sad and broken while these new songs have this feeling of new hope and love…. Tell me son, are you in love right now?” Hyun Suk teased as he looked at Jiyong straight in the eye.

 

 

Jiyong uncomfortably shifted on his seat as he forced a smile. “Yah, hyung. Stop teasing me or I’ll never write good songs anymore,” he said.

 

 

Hyun Suk just chuckled loudly while still eyeing the flushed boy in front of him. Ah, he is still the little Jiyong I know, Hyun Suk said to himself while looking.

 

 

“So, I heard Dara’s back after eight years.. You two met already?” he asked.

 

 

“Yeah….”

 

 

“And I also heard from Seungri that she had a kid….”

 

 

“That rat, really. I’m surprised he hasn’t told you who is the father of Dara’s child yet,” Jiyong said as he shook his head while mentally cursing their maknae.

 

 

“Actually, he was about to tell me about it but then Daesung immediately covered his mouth preventing that sneaky rat from exposing Dara’s secret,” Hyun Suk said as he stood up from his seat and went towards the couch to sit beside Jiyong.

 

 

“Actually, I’m the father of Dara’s child,” Jiyong said as he looked at his side and just waited for his hyung to react.

 

 

“Well, I wasn’t expecting that but congratulations on being a father, Jiyong-ah,” he said as he tapped Jiyong’s shoulders lightly.

 

 

“Thanks, hyung,” Jiyong the stood up from where he is seating and muttered a goodbye before leaving Hyun Suk’s office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________

DARA

 

 

Bom and I are currently in the kitchen making a food for everyone. They’re all going to Bom’s house for a lunch together because it was rare for them to get a time off their busy schedule. It’s a good thing that Bom is in a long break but she is due to come back next week.

 

 

I already told Bom about the apartment I’ve bought and Eun mi and I are going to move there the day after tomorrow. She’s sad but I’m sure she can manage. In fact, it’s just one block away from her house so she could visit us anytime. And Eun mi and I are not leaving anymore.

 

 

“I heard you whisper those three words… I wanted to open my eyes and say ‘I love you, too’…. But I’m not yet sure of myself….. Can you wait for me, baby?”

 

 

Bom sang as she mixed the salad in the mixing bowl. I stiffened on my spot as I understood what the lyrics had meant. Is there by any chance, that he heard me that time? I asked myself as I turned around and faced Bom.

 

 

“Is that your new song?” I asked.

 

 

“Yes..,” she answered proudly. “It sounds good, right?”

 

 

I nodded my head as I forced a smile on my face. I swallowed the lump in my throat before asking her another question. “Who wrote that song? Teddy oppa?” I asked and wished that it was really Teddy oppa who wrote the song.

 

 

“Aniyo. Jiyong wrote the song.. I think the song really fits my voice,” she said as she sang again the song that made me blush to my roots.

 

 

It’s positive. He heard me when I whispered ‘I love you’ to both Eun mi and him. I really thought that he’s sleeping. That’s why I had the guts to at least whisper it! And now, he heard it. And he even wrote it in a song! How am I supposed to look at him straight in the face now?

 

 

Wait, there was a certain line that he wrote…

 

 

Can you wait for me, baby?

 

 

Is there by any chance, that he is asking me to wait for him? That there’s a chance that he’ll love me back? I thought as I smiled to myself, feeling all the blood in my system rushed up to my cheeks. Aigoo, I think I’m having a heart attack right now.

 

 

“Mommy!” I heard Eun mi exclaimed excitedly as she skipped her way towards the kitchen.

 

 

“Eun mi, mommy’s a little busy right now,” I said as I momentarily bent down and kissed my daughter’s forehead before going back to what I was doing again, which is chopping vegetables.

 

 

“Mommy, when is daddy arriving?” she asked as she tugged at my pants.

 

 

“Your daddy’s gonna be here soon, baby,” I said without even glancing at her.

 

 

“Eun mi,” Jiyong called Eun mi across the living room. I looked down at her and saw as she beamed at me first before running in full speed towards her father.

 

 

“Eun mi’s happy now,” Bom said softly as she looked at me with something unreadable in her eyes.

 

 

“Yeah, she is. And as long as she’s happy, I’m happy as well,” I said as I silently nodded at her.

 

 

 

“When are you going to tell him, Dara?” Bom asked. I stiffened on my spot hearing her ask me that. I know what she’s talking about even without asking her.

 

 

“Soon,” I just simply said. Hoping Bom would let the issue pass.

 

 

“But Jiy—,“ Bom’s sentence was cut in the middle when Eun mi came barging in the kitchen with Jiyong following behind her.

 

 

“Mommy, I’m going to let daddy see the letters I wrote for him,” Eun mi announced excitedly as she tugged at my pants.

 

 

I looked down at her and smiled before putting the knife down and wiping my hands on the apron. I crouched down at her height and kissed her on her forehead. “Baby, mommy’s really busy right now.. Why don’t you let your daddy see the letters without mommy, neh?”

 

 

“But, mom, I want you to be there while we read my letters for daddy. And in fact, you also have letters written for him,” Eun mi said as she pouted her lips at me. I widen my eyes in horror hearing her revealed about my letters for Jiyong.

 

 

It was Eun mi and I’s past time, writing a letter for Jiyong. Even though Eun mi hadn’t seen Jiyong yet at those times, she had a lot to say in her letters basing through the fact that it took her three sheets of stationary papers. I know kids write in big fonts but still, she managed to write a hand full of message in three pages stationary sheets.

 

 

“Baby,” I said as I pouted my lips at her. Ha, like mother, like daughter.

 

 

“Why don’t we help mommy finish what she has to do and then we’ll read your letters?” Jiyong suggested that made me look at him and smile. Omo, I forgot about the incident where he heard me whisper those words to him. Did he remember it?

 

 

“That’s a great idea, daddy!” Eun mi exclaimed as she wrapped her hands around my neck. I giggled at my daughter’s cheekiness as I scoop her up in my arms. Jiyong walked towards us and held his arms at me. I placed Eun mi in his arms as I started chopping the vegetables again with Jiyong and Eun mi passing me the things I still needed to chop.

 

 

“Daddy, you keep on kissing my cheeks!” Eun mi exclaimed as she held Jiyong’s face with her little hands as she giggle in delight. “Now, kiss mommy!” she demanded as she pointed her fingers at me.

 

 

“Bab—,“ before I can finish my sentence, I already felt his lips brushed my cheeks softly. I was immediately frozen on my spot. D-Did he just kissed m-me? I incredulously asked myself. I can feel my heart pounding so fast inside my chest that it felt I was having a seizure.

 

 

“Yay!” that little daughter of mine exclaimed as she clapped her hands merrily. “Again, daddy!  Again!” she said as she pushed Jiyong’s face towards mine. Aisht, this kid..

 

 

“Let’s not tease your mommy anymore, eh, princess… She’s blushing already,” Jiyong said with amusement clearly heard from his voice. I whipped my head at him and then he winked at me. OMO! Jiyong, why are you doing this me?

 

 

“It’s because you’re the first guy who kissed her, dad,” Eun mi whispered in Jiyong’s ear which I clearly heard. I looked at Bom, who is in front of the frigde, and silently asked her to back me up but she just shrugged her shoulders and walked away from the kitchen. Leaving me alone with the bully Jiyong and Eun mi.

 

 

“Then let’s make sure that daddy will be the only guy kissing mommy, neh?” Jiyong said as he winked at our daughter first before walking towards me. I already know with the wicked smirk on his face that he is up to something. He smiled at me first before placing a quick kiss on my lips, with Eun mi still in his arms.

 

 

Dead. I’ll clearly be dead by now with all these crazy beatings my heart is doing. I need to do something to retaliate. I can’t just stand here, frozen in my spot, while the two kept on bullying me. Ah, the perk of being a mother and your daughter is as wicked as her father.

 

 

When I turned around the found the sink sitting quietly, I thought of an evil plan. I smirked at the both of them before cupping my hands in front of the faucet, with water pouring down, and sprinkled the water at their direction.

 

 

“Mommy!” Eun mi exclaimed as she irritatedly wiped her face. I laughed triumphantly because I know Eun mi is just acting her way out of my wicked games. She’s my daughter so I expect her to be an actress as well.  

 

 

And much to my surprise, Jiyong retailed back by grabbing me by the hips, after settling Eun mi down on her feet, and locking me there in place. Then he poured water down on me that made me shriek in surprise. Eun mi helped her father by spraying water on me while laughing loudly.

 

 

I’m sure Bom’s going to be hella pissed with the mess we made in her kitchen. And I’m also pretty sure that with Jiyong and Eun mi still having their wicked way with me, we will never get the food done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

 

Dara, Eun mi and Jiyong stood beside the stage as they watched Bom performing her comeback song. Dara looked at her best friend proudly while hearing the fans singing along with her. Bom is really born a singer.

 

 

If someone would ask her if she ever missed being on stage, she would be lying is she answers no. Of course, she will always miss preforming on stage and having fans chant your name. But having Eun mi in her life is enough for her to settle her dreams aside wholeheartedly and just focus on giving her daughter the life she deserved.

 

 

“Mommy,” Eun mi said softly that made Dara look down on her with worry in her face.

 

 

“Yes, baby?” she asked as she bent down slightly only to scoop Eun mi up in her arms. Jiyong looked at his side and smiled faintly seeing Eun mi rubbed her eyes sleepily while leaning her head on Dara’s shoulders.

 

 

“She’s sleepy,” Jiyong whispered. Dara was amazed at first at how Eun mi would feel sleepy with all the music coming from the speakers, but then she started rocking Eun mi back and forth while humming to her daughter’s favorite song, Butterfly.

 

 

And soon after, Eun mi’s eyes slowly fluttered to a close as she traveled her way towards dreamland.

 

 

“She’s getting heavy… That’s good,” Dara muttered to herself as she shifted her weight on her right leg.

 

 

Jiyong heard her so he slowly got Eun mi in his arms. Dara was surprised at first then she immediately composed herself as she helped Jiyong to settle Eun mi in his arms comfortably. When Eun mi’s head is already leaning on her father shoulders, she looked at her daughter’s angelic face as she smiled before leaning down and planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

 

 

Jiyong then bent his head down and kissed the top of Eun mi’s head the same moment Dara bent down and kissed Eun mi’s forehead. The top of their heads bump softly into each other that made them both look up. Their gazes lock and soon after, smiles crept on their faces.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________________________________________

 

 

The whole South Korea was in a buzz after reading the morning newspaper. There, on the headlines is a picture of the famous songwriter, G-Dragon, holding a sleeping child on his arms while his gaze locked on the missing goddess of 2NE1, Sandara Park. With a caption:

Sandara Park and Kwon Jiyong, spotted at the backstage in Inkigayo with a child sleeping on the former Bigbang’s leader’s shoulders. There were even reports of some that they have seen the ‘family’ roaming around Seoul. The child really resembles both the former idol and others started speculating that Dara and GD had a child together. What do you think, South Korea?”

 

 

The two adult on the picture looks contented with a smile on their faces with a sleeping child in between them. But above all, netizens-especially the VIPs, Blackjacks and Applers-took notice of how the way ther former idols looked into each other’s eyes. And they can’t help but to agree to those people who claim that the child sleeping on Jiyong’s shoulder is the daughter of the former idols.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Wohooo, I updated! :DD Kyaaaaah. I finished writing this first before reviewing for my test tomorrow. I'm such a bad student. :/ Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter! Comments are loved! :*