Twelve

One More Chance

 

DARA

 

 

“Hey, Dara. You should rest first….. You’ve not taken enough sleep last night,” Bom said as she entered the room while holding a basket full of fruits.

 

 

“Don’t worry about me, Bom. I’m fine,” I said as I stood up from where I was sitting and stretched my hands and legs.

 

 

Last night, nurses came inside the recovery room and said that Eun mi and Jiyong are stable enough to be transferred in one of the private rooms in the hospital. I have been restless ever since I stepped foot inside this hospital but I cannot relax until Jiyong and Eun mi will wake up.

 

 

“I’m sure Jiyong’s going to be mad at you when he knows that you’re tiring yourself too much. You heard the doctor, Dara. They’re okay now,” she said as she handed me my favorite fruit, an apple.

 

 

I delightedly grabbed the apple and took a big bite. Ah, since I was so preoccupied, I never got the chance to eat. And besides, if you’re in my position, are you going to think about food when the two most important people in your life are inside the operation room? Definitely, not.

 

 

“Hey, do you want something from the cafeteria downstairs? I’m going to buy some can of corns,” Bom said as she went to her bag and picked out her wallet. When I shook my head at her, she smiled at me first before going to buy her beloved corns.

 

 

“Bom and her corns,” I muttered under my breath as I walked towards the chair where I was sitting just a while ago. I took another bite of apple as I glanced at Jiyong. I sighed before smiling at him.

 

 

“Hey, wake up already,” I said, feeling silly talking to a sleeping person.

 

 

“Hmmmmm,” I heard him moan. My eyes widen as my hands stopped in midway. I staggered to my feet and went towards the side of his bed, the apple in my hands is already at the floor.

 

 

“Ji?” I breathlessly asked. I lifted my hands and placed it on top of his hands.

 

 

I stopped breathing for a while when I felt him squeezed my hands. Oh my gosh! He’s awake. I smiled through misty eyes. I looked at his face and saw that he is struggling hard to open his eyes.

 

 

“Hey,” I greeted as soon and his orbs met mine. I smiled at him and when he smiled back at me, I couldn’t help myself to plant a soft kiss on his forehead.

 

 

“Do you need anything?” I choked out, gulping the sudden happiness forming inside of me. I wanted to throw myself at him badly and wrap him in my arms, but I just can’t do that, right? I mean, his wounds are still fresh due to the operation that took place.

 

 

“No,” he replied while still smiling at me. I smiled back at him once more and I was about to go to the table to fetch some water when I heard a little voice beside me.

 

 

“Mommy,” Oh, my! My baby is also awake? I asked myself as I whipped my head towards Eun mi’s bed and saw her rubbing her hands on her eyes.

 

 

“Baby,” she whispered as I went towards Eun mi immediately. I lifted my hands and slowly caressed her face. Her once pale face is now tainted with shades of pink that made me sigh in relief.

 

 

“Mommy, I’m thirsty,” my daughter said as she pouted at me. I nodded my head at her but I kissed the top of her head first before going towards the table to fetch two glasses of water.

 

 

“Here you go, baby,” I said as I helped Eun mi to sit up a little and helped her drink the water from the glass. When Eun mi shook her head, telling me that she had drank enough; I went to Jiyong’s side and helped him as well.

 

 

“Wait, I’ll just go get the doctor,” I announced as I ran towards the door and immediately called for the doctor. When I saw her approaching me, I smiled widely at her and delightedly announced,

 

 

“They’re awake!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

It has been three days since Jiyong and Eun mi got discharged from the hospital. Dara happily skipped her way towards Eun mi’s room to wake her up. She felt revived after knowing that both Jiyong and Eun mi is out of danger. Though, there is still some fear that the test they will run on Eun mi next month may became positive, but she chose to forget about it for a while.

 

 

She knocked on the door four times before opening it.

 

 

“Hey, baby. Mommy’s here to greet you a ‘good morning’,” she said as she went towards Eun mi’s bed and sat at the side of it. Dara then removed the blanket that has been covering Eun mi and bent down to place a kiss on her forehead.

 

 

“Good morning, mommy,” Eun mi greeted back as she smiled at her mother before rubbing her hands on her eyes.

 

 

“Let’s have breakfast?” she said. Eun mi nodded her head and wiggled her hands infront of her, indicating that she wants to be carried by her mother.

 

 

Dara smiled at her as she wrapped her arms around her daughter and carefully  stood up from the bed. Eun mi immediately circled her little hands around Dara’s daughter as she placed many kisses on her mother’s face. Dara giggled feeling the light kisses her daughter is giving her.

 

 

“Mommy, where’s daddy?” Eun mi asked as she looked up and roamed her eyes around the hallway.

 

 

“Why is my princess looking for me?” Jiyong said and out of nowhere, he pooped out in front of them that made little Eun mi jumped on her mother’s arms a little.

 

 

“Daddy, you surprised me!” Eun mi exclaimed as she giggled at the same time. She then wiggled her feet and hands indicating that she wants to be held now by Jiyong.

 

 

“Aish, this stubborn little girl,” Dara murmured under her breath. She then smiled at Jiyong before placing Eun mi in his waiting hands.

 

 

Jiyong placed a soft kiss on Eun mi’s forehead that made the little girl giggle more.

 

 

“Daddy, kiss mommy!” Eun mi demanded while a playful smile is plastered on her lips.

 

 

Jiyong didn’t hesitate as he placed Eun mi on his hips. Then his other hand grabbed Dara by the hips and immediately crushed his lips on her. Dara closed her eyes the moment she felt Jiyong’s lips on her. Not minding their daughter who is merrily clapping her hands while looking at her mother and father.

 

 

It felt like a long time for Dara when they both pulled out from their kiss. Jiyong stared at her eyes meaningfully after the heated kiss they have shared. He then leaned his forehead on hers while still looking at her eyes.

 

 

“Good morning, baby,” Jiyong huskily said as he placed a quick peck on Dara’s lips before slowly straitening his back and focusing his attention at his giggling daughter.

 

 

Dara stood frozen in her spot after hearing what Jiyong has called her. He called her ‘baby’. After so many years, this is the only time since Jiyong called her by that endearment of his.

 

 

“Mommy,” Eun mi snapped Dara out of her reverie.

 

 

“Hmmmm?” she hummed as she went neared the father and daughter.

 

 

“I think I’m going to have a brother or sister soon,” the little girl said in a sing-song tone that made Dara blush uncontrollably and Jiyong laugh.

 

 

“Yah, this little girl! What are you saying,” she scolded Eun mi jokingly. Eun mi just stuck out her tongue at her mother before facing her father.

 

 

“Dad! You promised me, right? You promised me that you and mommy will give me many brothers and sisters,” she whined while pouting her lips.

 

 

“Yes, princess,” Jiyong responded, amusement clearly heard on his tone.

 

 

“I want it to be soon, daddy!” the little girl said excitedly as she wiggled her feet, indicating that she wanted to walk on her own. Jiyong put her down, then he draped his arms at Dara’s shoulders.

 

 

“Sure, baby,” he replied once more. Dara looked disbelievingly at him, and then she glared at him. Jiyong’s just giving their daughter empty promises. She thought to herself.

 

 

“What?” he asked while stifling his laugh seeing Dara glaring at him. “I guess we have to work on it immediately,” he whispered at her ears that made Dara look at him with wide eyes.

 

 

Jiyong chuckled seeing Dara’s cute expression. He bent down and kissed her lips once more before pulling her towards the stairs where Eun mi is happily skipping down.