Final

One More Chance

 

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!” an ear splitting scream came out of Dara’s mouth. Eyes tightly closed and hands gripping on the side of the bed, she pushed herself up.

 

 

“Push some more, Ms. Park,” the doctor said as she took a glance at the woman giving birth.

 

 

“AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” another scream came out.

 

 

“Deep breaths, Ms. Park,” a nurse on the side told her as she was done with her scream. She tried to do what the nurse just said. She opened and huffed a lungful of air, then she gripped tightly on the side of the bed and closed her eyes, ready to let out a scream again.

 

 

“Ready, Ms. Park? You need to push some more..”

 

 

She was just about to scream when she felt a hand held hers. She opened her eyes and looked at her side. There, she saw Jiyong looking down at her with so much love in his eyes. His hands tightly wrapped around hers. She weakly smiled at him, then glance in between her legs where she can see the doctor looking back at her, encouraging her to push more.

 

 

Jiyong squeezed her hands, telling her that he’s there and he’s not going anywhere. And that’s all she needs. To know that he’ll be there from now on..

 

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” She screamed, putting all her effort in there. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

 

“One more push, Ms. Park.. I can already see the head,” the doctor said, seemingly delighted that the first baby is ready to come out already.

 

 

Hearing that, Dara felt more encouraged than ever. She squeezed Jiyong’s hand first before letting out a scream again and pushed really hard. She’s so tired already; she wants her babies to be out so she can rest. Her body feels like it’s going to give up soon.

 

 

“You’re amazing, Dara-yah.. You can do it, I know you can,” Jiyong whispered beside her ear as he wiped the sweat on her forehead. He, then, glanced at the doctor then back at Dara who seems to be closing her eyes really tight, ready to let out a scream again.

 

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!” Dara slumped her body on the bed and closed her eyes tiredly after she let out a long push. And not long after, an ear splitting cry of a new born resonated around the four corners of the delivery room. Dara weakly smiled hearing the first cry of her baby, then she tried so hard to open her eyes to see her baby.

 

 

“You have a boy, Ms. Park,” the doctor announced and checked the condition of the baby. As soon as the doctor was sure that nothing is wrong about the baby, she passed it to the nurse which the nurse passed to Dara, letting the baby feel the warmth of his mother for the very first time.

 

 

“Ji,” she called out weakly, looking at the infant on her arms, “He looks so much like you,” she said, smiling as tears form in the brim of her eyes. When she looked up from the baby to Jiyong, she can’t believe what she saw. Jiyong was almost close to tears as he was looking down at Dara and their son. Love is bursting from his heart that he can’t contain his feelings anymore.

 

 

“Nurse, can you please get the baby from Ms. Park? We have another baby,” the doctor said as she settled once more in between Dara’s leg and checked to see if the head of the second baby is already seen. The nurse immediately complied, then Jiyong held her hand once more and whispered words of endearment, words of praise near her ear.

 

 

“Ms. Park… This only needs one push. I need you to give it all you got….”

 

 

Dara heaved a deep breath, then closed her eyes firmly and squeezed Jiyong’s hand. Then she released a long scream.

 

 

“Congratulations, Ms. Park. You have a daughter,” the doctor said as she placed the baby on Dara’s awaiting arms.

 

 

Jiyong smiled, the tears that were only on the brim of his eyes a while ago poured down his cheeks like a waterfall. Witnessing Dara gave birth to his children made the love he feels for her grow more. He can’t believe how amazing of a woman Dara is. And he can’t believe he has her. He looked at them, Dara and his little girl and his smile grew bigger.

 

 

“I love you, baby,” Jiyong said, emotions lacing his voice as he dipped down his head and placed a long, gentle kiss on Dara’s forehead. Dara was confused though, because she’s not sure if that words were meant  for her of for their baby. She looked up at him and was about to ask him what he meant by that when the nurse interrupted them saying that they need to clean the baby.

 

 

“Rest now, baby… You did great.” Jiyong whispered in her ear.. Then, tiredness washed her away that in just a couple of seconds, Dara was already asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Daddy, is that my brother and sister?” Eun mi whispered near her father’s ear as she solemnly watches the babies with blue and pink blanket on the nursery section in the hospital.

 

 

“Yes, Eun mi-ah.. That’s your brother and sister,” Jiyong replied proudly as he hugged his first daughter tighter to his chest, his eyes never leaving the two babies sleeping on their respective cribs, looking so much like an angel.

 

 

“I love you daddy,” Eun mi said, wrapping her arms around her father’s neck.

 

 

“I love you too, princess.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara slowly fluttered her eyes open as rays of sunlight kissed her cheeks. She roamed her eyes around the room and smiled seeing Jiyong sleeping on the coach on the corner of the room. She sat right up at the bed and just stared at him. The man who is now, the father of her children. And the man who holds her heart.

 

 

And now, she promised to herself that if Jiyong won’t tell her he loves her, she swear to God that she will drag him to the-----.

 

 

“Oh,” her thoughts were halted when Jiyong opened his eyes and looked at her. “You’re awake already,” she said then smiled at him.

 

 

“Hey,” his voice was hoarse due to the three hours of sleep he had last night. He did nothing in fact; he was just standing in front of the nursery section, looking at his daughter and son, watching them sleep.  He stood up from the couch and slowly made his way towards her. “How are you?” he asked.

 

 

“I’m good as new,” Dara said, smiling. Then, her thought suddenly flew to her babies. She shifted her gaze to him and asked, “How are they?”

 

 

“They’re fine…. I think the nurse will bring them here later,” Jiyong said as he sat at the edge of the bed, facing her. And as a moment passed, Dara and Jiyong was just smiling to each other.. Their eyes communicating to each other.

 

 

Then after some time, Jiyong cleared his throat as he scratched his head, seemingly nervous about something she could not guess. “Uhhhhmmmm… I think there’s something hanging in between us… an unfinished business as they say,” he started.

 

 

“I love you, Ji,” Dara said, startling Jiyong. He looked at her straight in the eyes; not believing that she outdid her on what was he going to say. Then, as he can see where this is leading, a smile formed on his lips. He reached out for her hands and held it tightly.

 

 

And when he was about to open his mouth to say something to her, she beat him to it.. “I never stopped loving you.. I loved you then, I love you now.. And I know that what I feel for you is never going to fade, especially now with the twins and Eun mi that’ll always remind me of you.. You might I’m a fool because here I am confessing my love and all even if I don’t have any idea what you feel for me.. I just wa—“

 

 

“I love you.”

 

 

“W-What?” she stopped on her rant, then looked at him wide-eyed.

 

 

“I love you,” he repeated.

 

 

Hearts beating so fast inside her chest that she can’t help but to place her hands on top of it.

 

 

“I….I….” she stuttered, tongue-tied hearing those words from him. Finally, those words that are meant for her.

 

 

“What I was trying to say to you before the twins made their grand entrance is that I love you… I may have realized it a little bit late, but at least I got there. And I’m sure as hell that it won’t go away.. Not when I already experienced what it feels like to share my life with you and our daughter… now with the twins.. I’m not ever going to let this go.. not going to let any one of you go. Because I planned on having you with me until the last breath I take,” he stopped for a moment as he reached for something in his pocket.

 

 

Dara gasped, then her hands went to . Tears started falling from her eyes but she couldn’t care less. In front of her is the most beautiful ring she had ever seen on the face of earth. It was so beautiful and the fact that Jiyong was holding it makes it more beautiful in her eyes. And somehow, she knew what was going to happen next.

 

 

“Grow old with me, Dara. Spend the rest of your life with me.. with our children.. And just so you know, I’m not taking ‘no’ for an answer,” he said, a playful smile plastered on his lips as he slip the ring on her ring finger.

 

 

“H-How can I say no?” Dara’s voice crooked as she stared at her fingers, the engagement ring looked like it really belongs in her fingers, which it does. “When there’s already an engagement ring around my finger?”

 

 

“I love you,” he said, cupping her face as he leaned his face on her, kissing her with love pouring from his heart and soul.

 

 

The kiss they shared was nothing from the past kissed they shared. This was more special, heart-warming as you say. And when they both had to part for air, Dara stared into his eyes and said, “I love you too.”

 

 

A knock on the door broke their momentum. And soon after, Eun mi’s high pitched voice rang inside the room as she ran to where her parents are. She jumped on the bed and sat at her daddy’s thigh as she kissed her mommy’s cheeks.

 

 

“Oh my God! Dara, you gave birth! Where’s my…… Wait, is it nephews or nieces?” Bom said as she came barging in with Seunghyun trailing behind his wife. Jiyong smiled at his hyung before turning his gaze towards his fiancée.

 

 

“I had a brother and a sister, Bommie unnie,” Eun mi announced happily as she clapped her hands, obviously happy that she got what she wanted from her parents, a sister and a brother that is.

 

 

“You had a boy and a girl?” Bom asked Jiyong and Dara incredulously, then she added, “Yah! Tell me how you two did it! I want to have twins also!”

 

 

“Aigooooooo,” Dara can only mutter to herself as she shook her head by the randomness of her friend.

 

 

“OOOOOOHHHH!” Eun mi exclaimed as soon as she saw the nurse pushing two cribs inside the room. She jumped out of the bed and ran towards the nurse, stopping her in step.

 

 

“My siblings! My siblings!” the little girl chanted over and over again as she tiptoed for her to see her brother and sister.

 

 

Jiyong stood up from the bed and walked towards the cribs. Then, he slowly gathered his son on his arms and was amazed at how a little thing can be so perfect. The little boy, who seems to be in sleep, stirred on his father’s arm as he on his little thumb. Once again, seeing how peaceful his son looked, Jiyong’s tears can’t help but to be gathered on the brim of his eyes.. He slowly made his way to Dara and gave her their son. Then he went to get their daughter.

 

 

“Look how proud of a father he is,” Seunghyun whispered to his wife as they both stared at Jiyong and Dara, both holding their daughter and son respectively.

 

 

“Mommy, can I see them?” Eun mi asked, then she climbed slowly on the bed and settled herself in between her daddy and mommy.

 

 

“Anneyeong…” Eun mi said quietly, afraid of waking her little brother and sister. “I’m your big sister.. I’m going to protect you.. I love you..” Then, she looked up to her mother and said, “I love you and daddy, mommy..”

 

 

“We love you two, baby….” Both Jiyong and Dara leaned in and kissed Eun mi on her cheek, making the little girl giggle in delight.

 

 

Bom, on the side, smiled happily when she caught a glimpse of what was around Dara’s finger. She doesn’t need to ask what was it, she was sure it was an engagement ring..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong only needed a month. Just a month to finalize everything. And now, he was standing in front of the pastor with his beautiful bride beside him.

 

 

“You may kiss the bride.”

 

 

And with that, Jiyong leaned down and buried his lips on his beautiful wife. The woman who never got tired loving him. The woman who is the sole reason why his world seems to be in focus now. And the amazing woman who is the mother of his children.

 

 

“I now pronounce you, husband and wife.”

 

 

Their story may have come a long way. The pain, regrets, tears, laughter, smiles, jealously, sacrifices, confusions, waiting and all the things they have experienced is all worth it. It may have been took Jiyong a little while before realizing what Dara really meant to him but at least he got there. He might have done something unforgivable during the past but he doesn't regret it. Because everything he did back then, all resulted of him finding the woman who will truly love him with all her heart, and him having great children he admires and loves.

 

 

Their story might have come a long way but at long last, they are now contented in each other's arms where they truly belong. The ‘happy ever after’ that seemed far-fetched is now already in the palms of their hands.

 

 

“I love you,” she said.

 

 

“And I love you,” he replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: THE END. I can't believe this is the end of 'One More Chance'. T___T *cries in one corner* This is really the end.. UWAAAAAA.... Thank you guys, for supporting this fic all throughout. I have read all your comments and I appreacite them all. I would like to thank each and every one of you. I LOVE YOU ALL! <3 Thank you again, yeorubun! Until my next story.... :))

 

 

YEAH! OMC WILL HAVE A SEQUEL! KKKKK ^____^ BUT IT WILL JUST BE 3-5 CHAPTERED. AS I PROMISED TO BEA UNNIE...... I'll just post it here as soon as I get on with it.. I still have tons of shool work to do so I can't start on with it immediately.. Hope you'll support that one as well. 

 

 

THANK YOU AGAIN, YEORUBUN! butterflygirl, now signing off for 'OMC'.. :*