Five

One More Chance

 

DARA

 

 

“What flavor do you want, princess?” I heard Jiyong asked our daughter as we stood at the counter of the ice cream shop he is talking about.

 

 

You see, I can’t even lift my head up to look at the menu. All the people in the shop started to gawk at us as soon as we stepped a foot inside the shop. Well, I know they’re curious as hell. Who wouldn’t be if you see Kwon Jiyong together with the Sandara Park, who has been missing for the past eight years, with a kid in between them?

 

 

“I want mommy’s favorite flavor, daddy,” Eun mi exclaimed excitedly as she started jumping up and down on the spot.

 

 

It was rare for Eun mi eat sweet stuff like candies, chocolates and ice cream. It’s not that I don’t want her eating those kinds of food but I am just making sure that she’ll only eat the healthy ones.

 

 

I was about to open my mouth and tell Jiyong what Eun mi would like for a flavor because I’m sure that he had already forgotten my favorite flavor. Eight years had passed already, I will not surprised if he had forgotten all about me.

 

 

“Str—,“ my sentence stopped in the middle when he started talking to the woman behind the cashier.

 

 

“Two strawberry flavored ice cream, please,” he said as he pulled out his wallet and paid for the treat.

 

 

I could only look at him with so much disbelief in my eyes. He remembered? I asked myself incredulously. How come he remembered those minuscule things? He’s not supposed to remember those kinds of things because I was never important to him. I was just one of the many women whom he had an affair with.

 

 

“Well, maybe because you really are important to him?” my inner voice squeaked giddily.

 

 

“Aniyo,” I shook my head, still in denial. “It’s just a coincidence..” I said inside my head while I talked with myself. “Maybe because he just wants to make Eun mi believe that he knows what is my favorite flavor..”

 

 

“Mommy, come on. Dad’s already found a seat for us,” Eun mi said as she held my hands and dragged me towards the table for four. Omo, I was spacing out a while ago that I didn’t notice them leaving the counter. I smiled shyly before sitting down.

 

 

Eun mi took the seat beside Jiyong and I took the seat beside her, making Eun mi in between of me and Jiyong. I just sat there while listening to Eun mi telling Jiyong stories of her herself. Like letting him catch up with her for what he had missed.

 

 

When their ice cream arrived, Eun mi immediately dug in, happy that she gets to eat a treat once in a blue moon. I was about to eat my ice cream as well when I saw in my peripheral vision that Jiyong doesn’t have any ice cream in front of him and is just staring at our daughter eating happily.

 

 

“You’re not going to eat?” my mouth blurted out even before I stopped myself. I smacked my head mentally.

 

 

“You know I’m not fond of eating ice cream. It just gives me headaches,” he said as he smiled at me. Wait, I think my heart stopped its beating just now.

 

 

“But it’s really delicious, daddy. You should try it!” Eun mi said as she scoops a spoonful of ice cream and held it in front of Jiyong’s mouth.  Jiyong took the spoon inside his mouth and raised his two thumbs. Eun mi delightedly giggled while giving her daddy another spoonful.

 

 

I just watched them have their moment. Seeing Eun mi happily interacting with her daddy makes me want to burst into tears again. Aigooo, ever since I got back to Seoul, I’ve been a crybaby.

 

 

“Mommy, let me feed you,” Eun mi said as she held the spoon full with ice cream in front of me. I opened my mouth and happily ate the ice cream when I suddenly thought of something. Omo! Jiyong and I made indirect kiss through that spoon. I blushed tremendously.

 

 

“Are you okay, mum?” Eun mi asked when she took notice of my blushing face.

 

 

I waved my hands in front of me in a fast pace, “I’m okay, I’m okay,” then I coughed a little when a little portion of ice cream got stuck in my throat.

 

 

“Here,” Jiyong said as he passed me a glass of water. I muttered a silent thank you before gulping the contents of the glass. Jeez, so much of me acting like a high school-er.

 

 

Good thing, Jiyong and Eun mi went to having their moments when I glanced back at them. I sighed in relief as I started eating my slowly melting treat. I can hear bits of Eun mi’s story and I can hear Jiyong’s enthusiastic replies. Ah, made me feel guilty more and more.

 

 

“Mommy,” Eun mi then again called for my attention. I looked at her and smiled, urging her to say what she wanted to say. “Daddy said he needs to go back to his work…” she said sadly as she scoots near me.

 

 

Oh, shoot. I forgot that Jiyong is in the middle of his work. I glanced briefly at him and saw that he is looking down at Eun mi, who has this sad face. Eun mi then started pouting her lips in an adorable way. I know she doesn’t want to part ways with her daddy yet but Jiyong needs to work.

 

 

“Baby, daddy’s just going to work. You can see him tomorrow morning,” I said as I wrapped my arms around her.

 

 

“But…….,” she said as her face fell. She bowed her head and played with my fingers.

 

 

“You can come with me, princess. Daddy’s going to let you meet some of my friends,” Jiyong said that made the little girl beside me to lift her head up and beam with happiness.

 

 

“Really, daddy?” Eun said excitedly as she left my side and jumped at Jiyong’s lap. I shook my head with a smile plastered on my face.

 

 

“Hmmmm,” he nodded before standing with Eun mi in his arms. I stood up from my seat and walked behind them towards the exit. All the people inside the shop were confused as hell as they saw us leaving like a family we’re not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

JIYONG

 

 

I was walking along the corridors of YG Building with Eun mi holding my hands and Dara walking behind us. Eun mi was skipping happily while I just held her hands tighter. I don’t know what Dara is doing walking behind us, maybe she wants to be familiarize again with this place.

 

 

“Mommy! Look, it’s your picture with aunt Bom, aunt Chaerin and aunt Minzy,” Eun said as she pointed her little fingers towards the wall where a life size picture of 2NE1 is posted. I smiled to myself seeing that Dara hasn’t changed a bit, she still looks beautiful than ever.

 

 

“Ah, it brings back old memories,” Dara said as she went towards the picture and smiled. Eun mi let go of my hands and walked towards her mommy, only to hold her hands.

 

 

“Mommy, what was it like to be popular?” my daughter asked suddenly out of the blue. I saw Dara look down at her and smiled before bending down on her knees to face Eun mi.

 

 

“It was great, baby. Having millions of fans supporting you all throughout the world and having them chant your name will you’re performing in stage is the best feeling any idol can feel,” she said as she cupped Eun mi’s face and planted a kiss on her forehead.

 

 

Seeing their little moment made me feel something inside that I shouldn’t feel. My heart was doing somersaults and butterflies fluttered inside my stomach. Seeing my daughter with her mommy made me want to hope that they would be in my life forever.

 

 

 

“But why aren’t you still performing now, mommy?” Eun mi asked once more.

 

 

“I have to sacrifice something to protect you, baby.  And I chose to sacrifice that popularity and chose to live a peaceful life with you,” Dara said as she hugged Eun mi before scooping the little girl in her arms.

 

 

I suddenly felt the urge to go to them and wrap my arms around Dara while Eun mi is in her hands. Hearing her say those words made me realize how much she has suffered for the past eight years. And somehow, I forgave her already for hiding Eun mi from me.

 

 

“Noona!” I clicked my tongue irritably hearing that high pitched voice of our maknae. I turned around and saw him running towards our direction.

 

 

“Omo, who’s this little girl?” Seungri said as he went towards Dara and reached for Eun mi’s hands. My daughter giggled as she let Seungri play with her fingers. “She’s so cute!” Seungri exclaimed as he pinched her cheeks.

 

 

“Yah! Hands off of my daughter!” I said as I slapped his hands away from Eun mi. “You might be carrying some viruses and you might pass it to her,” I added.

 

 

Seungri then turned to me with a sad look on his face. “Yah, hyung. I’m not a carr—,“ he stopped in mid-sentence, then his  eyes turned wide as a golf ball as he started pointing an accusing finger at me, “You have a daughter?!”

 

 

“Uhum,” I nodded proudly as I stood beside Dara and Eun mi.

 

 

“B-But…… W-Who’s the m-mother?” the stupid rat stuttered as he looked back and forth at me and Dara.

 

 

“It’s Dara,” I said nonchalantly, as if it was the most common thing.

 

 

“BWOH?!” Seungri screamed on top of his lungs that can make the whole YG Building crumble in just a span of miliseconds.

 

 

“Yah! Stop shouting!” I screamed back at him while covering Eun mi’s ear with my hands.

 

 

“How did that happen, hyung?” Seungri asked once more. I was starting to get really irritated at this rat so I placed a hand on Dara’s back and made her turn around. We started walking towards the elevator and when the elevator door was about to close, I heard Seungri screamed once again.

 

 

“HYUNG! WAIT FOR MEEEEE!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We’re already out of the elevator but my hands still settled in Dara’s back. The feeling of my hands in her back just felt so normal…. Maybe because we shared some intimacy back then that I was used to the feeling of something tingly whenever our skin would touch.

 

 

I opened to door to my recording studio and guided my two women in. I looked up and was surprised seeing them all here. Seunghyun hyun, Daesung, Youngbae and Bom noona. Well, I know Seungri is on his way here now. All of them looked at us and I can clearly see confusion written in their faces, with big bold letters.

 

 

“Hi guys, It’s been a long time,” Dara greeted them as I made her sit on the couch with still our daughter in her arms.

 

 

“Dara, how are you?” Seunghyun asked as he leaned on the table. Bom noona took the seat beside Dara and I had no choice but to stand beside the couch.

 

 

“Yah, hyung! Why did you leave me in the corridors?” the door opened and revealed the maknae wearing an irritated look on his face.

 

 

“Because you’re so annoying,” I said as I smirked at him.

 

 

“Who’s this kid, noona?” Youngbae asked as he sat in front of the computer.

 

 

 

“This is Eun mi, guys. She’s Dara’s eight-year-old daughter,” Bom noona said.

 

 

“You got married already, noona?” Daesung asked that made me uncomfortable in my seat.

 

 

“Aniyo,” Dara shook her head and glanced at me briefly. She then stood up from her seat and stood beside Daesung.

 

 

“Then who’s Eun mi fa—,“

 

 

“Jiyong hyung is Eun mi’s father!” Seungri exclaimed while smiling wickedly at me. Aisht, I should’ve killed this rat when I had the chance a while ago…. I thought to myself and was oblivious to three sets of eyes looking incredulously at me.

 

 

“You got Dara noona pregnant?” Youngbae asked me as he looked at me.

 

 

Dara cleared as she clasped her hands merrily, “Past is past, neh?” she said as she went towards Bom, who is now holding Eun mi in her hands, and sat beside her again. “Anyways, this daughter of mine really wanted to meet his daddy’s friends so…..introduce yourselves,” she  placed Eun mi down on the floor. I was about to pick my daughter up when Dara held my wrist, forbidding me from doing so.  

 

 

“Well, hello there little girl……” Seunghyun hyung said as he pinched Eun mi’s cheeks. “I’m your uncle Seunghyun,” he said in his usual baritone voice.

 

 

“Can I call you uncle Tabi?” Eun mi hesitantly asked. Seunghyun hyung just nodded his head and smiled at my daughter. “Yay!” Eun mi exclaimed as she wrapped her arms around Seunghyun hyung’s neck.

 

 

After Seunghyun hyung’s turn, everybody took their turns in introducing themselves to my daughter. Eun mi gave each and every one nickname just like how Dara does.

 

 

I remembered, Dara gave me ‘Yonggie’ as my nickname. It was only her who had the guts to call me that. It never fits my bad boy image but she kept on calling me that whenever we’re alone. But I let it go and made sure that she’s the only one who calls me by that name.

 

 

I felt again the butterflies remembering how we used to be in the past. Even if what we had was just an affair only, at least we were both happy. I was contented with her, but soon I got tired so I ended it. I shook my head, shaking the thoughts away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I looked beside me and saw Dara having a hard time carrying the sleeping Eun mi in her arms. Eun mi is not that heavy but with Dara’s little frame, I doubt she can stay longer while carrying our daughter.

 

 

We didn’t notice the time as the rest of us enjoyed watching my little girl dancing all the steps of 2NE1’s songs. She then boasted proudly that it was her mum who taught her that. And I guess her energy depleted with all that dancing that she made.

 

 

I stood up from my seat and slowly got Eun mi in Dara’s arms. I felt Dara stiffened a little but relaxed immediately. I placed a gently kiss on Eun mi’s forehead before turning my attention towards Dara once more.

 

 

“It’s late already. Come, I’ll bring you home,” I said. Dara nodded her head and stood up. Then she said her goodbyes to the people inside my recording studio. But she hasn’t forgotten to promise the boys that they will hang out again sometime.

 

 

The boys nodded their head and waved us goodbye. We walked along the corridors in silence and before we took notice of it, we were already inside my car, me silently driving while stealing glances of Dara and Eun mi who are sleeping peacefully beside me.

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

 

A/N: Yey! I updated! :D See you on the next  chapter. ;) And oh, sorry for the typos and mistakes in this chapter.. :))