Eleven

One More Chance

Dedicated to @MollieYG21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

“Ms. Park?” two heads turn towards the door of the operating room where the doctor just came out looking haggard and all.

 

 

Dara staggered to her feet, still holding Jiyong’s hand tightly, as she stood face to face with Eun mi’s doctor.

 

 

“How’s my daughter? Tell me she’s going to be fine,” Dara pleaded, tears are clearly visible on her face. Jiyong squeezed her hands, telling her that it’s going to be okay.

 

 

“I can’t tell. But I’m sure that she needed a bone marrow right now. She needed to have the operation as soon as possible,” the doctor said.

 

 

“Take mine! I’ve told you for so many times that you can take everything from me but you wouldn’t!” Dara half-yelled as she flung her hands, emphasizing her point.

 

 

“But, Ms. Park, as I’ve told you, you and Eun mi don’t match. We need to look for someone who will match her 100 percent.”

 

 

“That’s absurd! I’m her mother! Why won’t we be a match? She came from me! I carried her in my womb for nine months,” Dara heaved a deep sigh as she sat back at the chair again, feeling that her legs can’t support her anymore.

 

 

“Can you test me if Eun mi and I were a match?” Jiyong said as he supported Dara sitting back on the chair. Then he faced the doctor who is shaking her head.

 

 

“I’m sorry but it’s impossible for you to be a match. We need immediate fami—,“

 

 

“I’m her father,” Jiyong said coldly, glaring at the gaping doctor.

 

 

“But I thought……, I’m sorry,” the doctor contemplated. “Very well, follow me then. I’ll run some test.”

 

 

Jiyong nodded his head like an obedient student. Then he looked back and saw that Dara is staring at him. He walked towards her then kneeled in front of her. He collected her hands in his and squeezed it tight.

 

 

“I told you it’s going to be alright, neh? Be strong. Eun mi needs us right now so we have to be strong for her,” Jiyong said as he looked straight into her chocolate orbs. Then he stood up but he planted a long kiss on her forehead first before hesitantly letting go of her hands.

 

 

Dara nodded her head absentmindedly as she watched the retreating back of Jiyong. Suddenly, she felt as if she’s alone again. With Jiyong not holding her hands while whispering soothing words in her ear, she feels as if there’s no one to be there for her.

 

 

For the past months, Jiyong has been her pillar of strength. When they were back in Busan, she would wake up every morning with fear of uncertainty. But with Jiyong on her side, she would wake up feeling stronger each day.

 

 

Dara buried her head on her palms as she waited. It seemed like a thousand years for her when someone tapped her on the shoulders. She looked up and recognized the nurse assisting the doctor.

 

 

“Ms. Park?,”

 

 

“Yes?” she asked as she rose from her seat and stood in front of the nurse.

 

 

“Mr. Kwon is a match with our patient. And he immediately signed the papers agreeing to transfer his bone marrow to Eun mi. He is currently being prepared for the operation,” the nurse said.

 

 

“I…….uhm…… Thank you for informing me,” she said as she took her seat once more.

 

 

 

______________________________________

 

 

DARA

 

 

It’s been what?..... I looked at my wrist watch and it read nine forty-one. We came to the hospital at around five in the afternoon and the operation started three hours ago. It’s been a long dreadful three hours since I was seated here in this same chair.

 

 

I was hoping that sooner, someone would come out of these big doors beside me and announce that the operation went well. That Eun mi and Jiyong are both safe. But it has been three hours already. I mean, how long would this operation will take? I don’t know if I can’t stand the agony of just waiting here, not knowing what is happening inside that room.

 

 

“Dara!” I heard some shouted my name. I looked up and smiled sadly seeing Bom, Chaerin and Minzy running towards where I was seated.

 

 

“What are you doing here, guys? You’re supposed to be in Japan for YG family concert,” I said as I fought the tears that are threatening to fall. Seeing the three of them made me want to let go of the pent up feelings ever since the operation started.

 

 

“What are you saying, unnie. Of course we’ll be here. We don’t care about the concert,” Chaerin said as she enveloped me in a tight hug. I welcomed her warmth as I hugged her back.

 

 

“Where’s Jiyong?” Bom asked as she sat beside me and my back. I pulled out from Chaerin’s hug and faced Bom.

 

 

“He’s inside,” I declared.

 

 

“What do you mean Jiyong’s inside, unnie?” Minzy asked as she settled beside Bom. Chaerin just stood in in front of me.

 

 

“He’s in the operating room with Eun mi. He donated his bone marrow to Eun mi,” I said as I buried my head once more on my palms. I’ve been doing this for quite a while now.

 

 

“Don’t worry, Dara-yah. They’re both going to make it. Be strong for the both of them, okay?” Bom said as she made me lean on her shoulders.

 

 

This is what I need at the moment. My sisters. I nodded my head as I wrapped my hands around Bom. I don’t care if I look like a freaking child. All I need right now is to feel that I’m not alone.

 

 

“Noona!” I shot my head up hearing that familiar voice.

 

 

“Noona!” he called once more as he nears me.

 

 

“Seungri-ah,” I said as I looked up at him. Then something caught my peripheral view that made me turn my head on the side.

 

 

There I saw every one walking towards me. Youngbae, Seunghyun, Daesung, YG Sajangnim, Teddy oppa, Sanghyun, Durami, Omma, Dami unnie, Jiyong’s mom and Jiyong’s dad. The tears that are threatening to fall a while ago run down freely on my cheeks. Seeing them all here, supporting me in their ways, made me feel so overwhelmed.

 

 

I stood up, not minding the tears on my cheeks as I threw myself at my little brother. “Sanghyun-ah,” I murmured as I cried on his chest. He held me against him as I felt someone hugged us both. I slightly looked up and saw that we’re enveloped in omma’s hug.

 

 

“Eun mi’s a strong kid, noona. She’ll make it through,” omma whispered in my ears.

 

 

“Where’s Jiyong hyung, noona?” Sanghyun asked.

 

 

“He’s in the operating room. He donated his bone marrow for Eun mi,” Bom said as I can’t find my tongue at the moment. I felt so scared and strong at the same time. It’s bewildering me.

 

 

“I know he would do that. He would do everything for the one he loves and seeing that son of mine, you can clearly see that he loves his daughter unconditionally,” Jiyong’s mom said as she went towards me and tapped me on the shoulders comfortingly. I pulled out from my mother’s and Sanghyun’s hugged then went towards Jiyong’s mom.

 

 

“Don’t cry, neh, Dara-yah. I know you’re a strong girl. Jiyong and Eun mi needs you to be strong for them,” Mrs. Kwon said as she enveloped me in a tight hug.

 

 

“You’re the strongest woman I’ve ever met, Dara,” Mr. Kwon said. “I’m so glad that you’re the mother of Jiyong’s child,” he said.

 

 

I nodded my head at them as Mrs. Kwon let go of me. I reached for Mr. Kwon’s hands and squeezed it tight. He smiled at me and I smiled back through my tears.

 

 

“Thank you, for being here,” I said as I looked at each and every one of them. Somehow, the fear I’m feeling inside slowly vanished and was replaced by a great deal of strength. I smiled through misty eyes. Deep down inside, I know they’re going to be okay. Jiyong and Eun mi.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________

 

I glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. It has been nine hours. What’s taking them so long? I asked myself as I stood up from my seat and paced back and forth. I can feel my heart beating so fast inside my chest. It felt like it wanted to jump out of my ribcage.

 

 

I placed my hands on my chest as I tried so hard to stable its beating. I drew a deep breath as I continued pacing. I fiddled with my fingers while looking back and forth towards the door of the operating room and to everyone sitting on the chair.

 

 

I sighed. Please. I prayed.

 

 

“Ms. Park?” I shot my head up hearing that familiar voice of the doctor. I ran to her immediately.

 

 

“How are they?” I asked impatiently.

 

 

“The operation was successful,” she announced.

 

 

Thank God! I rejoiced.

 

 

“But Eun mi is still under observation. We still don’t know if the transplant really worked. We can only know after a month or two. We’ll run tests on her to see if the cancer cells are really gone. But for now, you can relax already. They’re being transferred to the recovery room. You can visit them both but just be quick. They needed rest above all else. If you have any questions, I’ll willingly answer them all,” she said.

 

 

I gulped the forming lump in my throat. Feeling revived hearing that news. I almost got down on my knees and praise this doctor. “Thank you,” I whispered. “Thank you so much.”

 

 

“It’s my job, Ms. Park. And they’re both strong especially Eun mi,” she said as she tapped me on the shoulders before turning her heels away from me and walking towards the nurses’ station.

 

 

“They’re both fine now, Dara-yah,” Bom said.

 

 

“Yes, they are,” I said. Genuinely smiling after almost ten hours of waiting. “I want to see them, now,” I whispered.

 

 

“Sure,” Bom replied as she smiled at me. “I’m sure you can’t wait to see the two most important people in your life. Let’s go,” she said as she grabbed my hands and together we walked towards the recovery room.

 

 

“Thank you, Bom. For being there for me always,” I said as we made our stop in front of the door that lead to the recovery room.

 

 

“Psssh, no need to thank me, Dara-yah. I’ll always be here for you. We all are,” she pointed to the people at our backs, smiling at me. “And besides, we’re Park sisters for nothing,” she winked at me before pushing me slightly towards the door.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

Dara held her breath as she stared at Jiyong and Eun mi’s sleeping figures. Tears tricked down her face seeing them. The loud sounds of two heart beats from the machines attached to them made her believe that they’re really here. Unconscious but very much alive.

 

 

She walked towards the bed where Jiyong is lying. She smiled through misty eyes. This man who had no second thoughts to give his daughter what she needs to survive. This man who had been her strength. This very man who is responsible for the fast beatings of her heart. Her very man.

 

 

She looked at him with love shining from her eyes. She slowly lifted her hands to caress his chubby cheeks. “Thank you, Yonggie,” she whispered then she bent down so that there’s only an inch apart their faces. “I love you so much. I haven’t stopped loving you,” she declared as she placed a kiss on his cheeks before placing a kiss on his lips.

 

 

Dara combed her hands through his soft hair, then bending down again to place a kiss on his forehead. “Wake up soon, okay? I’ll be here waiting for you and Eun mi to open your eyes,” she said before turning towards the other bed where Eun mi is lying.

 

 

“Baby,” she said as she hungrily roamed her eyes on her daughter. Her very brave daughter. “Mommy’s so proud of you,” she reached for Eun mi’s hands and lifted it, and then she kissed it softly. “I’m very sure your daddy’s proud of you as well.”

 

 

“You should wake up soon, okay? Mommy’s just here waiting for you, baby. Mommy loves you very much,” she wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. Dara then bent down and placed a lingering kiss on Eun mi’s forehead. She then circled her thumb in Eun mi’s palm before placing it down beside Eun mi gently.

 

 

Dara stood up straight and stood in the between Jiyong and Eun mi’s hospital bed. She looked back and forth towards the man she loved and the daughter she loved. She smiled once more before turning towards the door. The doctor said they both needed to rest so she will leave them to have their very much needed rest but she’s not going anywhere.

 

 

She glanced at her back once more before turning the knob. “I’ll just be here waiting for the two of you. Please don’t make me wait long, okay?” she said as she blew kisses for the two of them before stepping outside the room. 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: Wohoooo! I did double-update. kkkk ^___^ Enjoy reading and leave some comments! I really appreciate them. I wanted to reply to each and every one's comment but I'm soooooooo busy.  T_T See you on the next chapter, guys! Love lots! :*