I Thought We Were Friends

Breaking Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wedding. Wedding?

The wedding was tomorrow. I couldn't believe it. I didn't think it would honestly happen. I thought Kris and I would have a happy ending, like those love stories, and dramas. Who am I kidding? Our parents are in love, and I don't think either of us have the guts to tell them how we honestly feel. What am I supposed to do? I wish there was a way for my parents to mentally know, and understand. If only that happened.

"Yah! Stop spacing out when I talk to you. Which heels would go with my dress?" Kumi asked. I slightly shook my head and pointed to the one of the right.

"That one is really pretty." I smiled. Kumi let out a sigh and shrugged.

"But I really like the one on the left.." She whined. I rolled my eyes, and laughed. "Then where those!" 

"Are you sure?-" 

"Kumi!" I cut her off. We both began laughing until my phone rang. Hm? Who could it be? I walked over to Kumi's nightstand where I left my phone to see my mom was calling. Ugh, I swear if she wants anymore help for the wedding I'll rip my head off.

"Helloo~" I sang. 

"Miku-ah? Ah...Can you come home?" My mother asked. That's odd. I asked if I could stay over Kumi's for the night so we could get ready together for the wedding. She was fine with it?

"...Why, what's wrong?" I asked. It was quiet on the other end for a while, but my mom finally spoke up.

"Oh, it's...We can just need to...talk." She finally said. Talk? Talk about what?

"Uh, sure." I replied, and hanged up. That was...odd.

"Who was that?" Kumi asked while she was still deciding which shoes to wear by doing 'eenie, meanie'.

"It was my mom..I have to go home." I replied as I began grabbing my belongings.

"Why? Is everything okay? Should I come with you?" Kumi asked. 

"You don't have to...But I'd like it if you did. I'm kind of scared to know what she wants to talk to me about." I admit. Kumi stared down for a while, and nodded.

"Okay.." She quietly said.

 

-Kumi's POV-

I felt like such a bad friend not being able to tell Miku that her mother knew about Kris and her. Should I tell her now? Would it be to late? No...Her mother will get mad won't she? She wouldn't trust me anymore. Aish! What am I supposed to do?

Sadly, Miku's house wasn't that far. We reached her house, and made it to her door step. Miku rang the doorbell, and it took a while for someone to answer it. Maybe this is my chance...

"Miku I have-"

"Oh, Miku and Kumi! Come in, come in." Melony said as she opened the door wider. Miku and I both greeted her and walked. Miku's mom was waiting in the living room with Suki. Oh no. I can't...I wish I never came. I looked over at Miku to see her let out a sigh. It was almost like her gut knew something bad was going to happen.

"Annyeonghaseyo." I greeted.

"Hi~" Miku sang. 

"Come in, and sit down girls. Kumi, I didn't know you were going to come, are you sleeping over?" Jihyun asked. I slightly shook my head and smiled.

"Oh no, I just came for a quick visit." I said in a barely audible tone. Ever since Miku's mother broke me down into confessing about Miku and Kris' secret relationship, I've been scared of her. I used to dream about Chanyeol, or unicorns, but now all I see is her in panda slippers, and flower pajama pants. Just thinking about it makes me shiver.'

-Miku's POV-

I took a seat beside Suki, and Kumi took a seat beside me. After all the small talk finished, my mother finally cut to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter