Let Your Pain Out.

Breaking Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There she was, standing in front of me. Smiling. Like nothing ever happened. 

"Mom?" I mumbled. I felt my eyes tearing up, but I held it back. I didn't want her to see any emotion.

"Kris.." She said as she dropped her bags and went in for a hug without a warning. She wrapped her arms around me I could feel her heart beat against mine. She smelled like flowers and honey, just like back in the day. Her hair smooth, and silky. Her face like a child's; innocent, and kind. She finally let go and looked at me, and smiled again.

"My have you grown." She said as she my cheek. She was about Miku's height, probably a little taller. I looked at her, confused. What was she doing here?

"W-what are you-?"

"What am I doing here? Well mister, I kept calling you ever since your birthday but you never answered. I had to tell my son happy birthday somehow. So, since you were being to stubborn to answer your umma's phone call, I decided to come over for a little surprise visit and say happy birthday to you in person. So, Happy Birthday Kris." She said with a heart-melting smile. I felt like I was going to cry. Was she doing this to test me? To see if I wanted her back? Because it was 100% working but I couldn't give in, no way.

"None of this would've ever happened..if..if..forget it." I said. I didn't want to create a fight with her right away. She just got here.

"If I didn't leave you and your father Kris?" My mom said, and I glared at her, and she looked down and shrugged.

"Kris, I'm sorry that I did such a thing, but..I guess feelings for Enlai grew while they decreased for your father. But remember one thing Kris Wu, I will always be your mother no matter what. Understand?" My mother said with a more serious face as she grabbed her bags and luggage and went in the house.

"How long are you staying here?" I asked and she looked at me with a laugh.

"Gee, I just got here, do you want me to leave that fast?" She asked. In a way..yes and no. I wanted her to go because she just brought to much pain and depression back to me, and I wanted her to stay because I obviously missed her.

"But, I don't know to be honest.." My mom said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I mean I don't know how long I'm staying really. I just told Enlai I was going to visit, but I didn't think of how long I'd stay." She said. 

"Oh, well..okay.." I said. I really didn't know what to say to my mother. It was so awkward for me, but to her it..it was like nothing ever happened.

"Wait, It's a Monday morning, aren't you supposed to be in school? And where is everyone? Like Melony, and Han?" My mom asked. Before I can answer her question Miku was walking down the stairs, and she looked as if she just woke up.

 

Miku's POV ~

I woke up from being hungry so I decided to go downstairs to get something to eat, when I suddenly saw Kris talking to a middle aged woman. Who was she? I didn't know. But she looked a lot like the lady in the pictures in the hallway and other parts of the house. She looked like Kris, and the way that Melony described Suki. It couldn't have been Suki, no way. Suki wouldn't come here all the way from China would she? Plus from what I've heard, she left everyone heart-broken, why would she be here?

"Kris whose this?" She asked, and for some odd reason, I felt a bit insulted.

"I'm Miku? His..soon to be step-sister.." I said before Kris could say anything, and Suki's eyes widened.

"Step-sister?" She asked looking at Kris.

"..Miku, this is my mother." Kris said, and my eyes widened. It really is Suki! It's Suki!! Oh lord, what am I going to do? I have so many questions for this lady. I can't believe I finally get to meet her, this is so exciting!

I had to stay calm, and act like I didn't know a thing about her. 

"Oh? Well, It's very nice to meet you Miss...?"

"You can call me Suki." She said with a smile, and I smiled back at her. Hehe, I already knew that.

"I'm Miku, it's very nice to meet you." I said with a smile and I continued walking down the stairs to properly greet her.

"So, you both just stayed home from school today? And it happens to be that no one's home? What's going on here?" Suki asked with a little smirk to Kris, and Kris gave her a glare.

"Nothing I swear! Miku had a really bad fever this morning, and her mother asked me to take care of her since she was way to busy with wedding things, and Melony had to go take care of her mother." Kris said, and Suki looked unstatisfied.

"Mhm, but you look just fine now?" Suki said as she started eyeing me, and then she suddenly put her pale, soft, little hand on my forehead. She quickly moved her hand away as if she was putting it over fire, and then she looked at me as if she was finally satisfied.

"Alright, I believe you. How are you still alive with Kris taking care of you? He can't even take care of himself! I remember when he was just a little boy-"

"Mom!" Kris cried, and Suki began laughing. She seemed like an amazing woman, no wonder she was so loved by so many people around her. I couldn't help but smile at how cute she was and how she made Kris all jumpy and nervous.

"Kris, be a dear and put my bags in the guest room upstairs. I want to get to know Miku." Suki said as she suddenly grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen. I was surprised she still knew the ways in the house, it took me days to figure the place out. I caught a glimpse of Kris rolling his eyes and gathering Suki's bags and heading upstairs. Suki plopped me down on a chair and she smiled and took a seat next to me.

"So, your name is Miku?" She asked as she gazed upon my eyes as if she was trying to gather information by looking through me.

"Uh yes, Miku Claire Ryuk." I said with a smile, and she sweetly smiled back.

"Ah, what a pretty name! What ethnicity are you?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm Japanese, Korean, a little bit of Italian." I said, and her eyes widened and created an 'O' shape.

"Japanese and Italian you say? Wow, that's such a unique mix! Are you Italian from your mother's side, or father's? Same with Japanese?" She asked. I felt as if I was filling in a survey, or being questioned for a job interview.

"Oh well, I'm Korean from my mothers side, and Japanese and Italian from my father's side." I said and she bega

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter