So, her names Suki? And this dinner was horrible!

Breaking Boundaries
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So...His mother just left?" I asked Melony. I was already dressed, ready and everything, sitting on my bed talking to Melony about Kris's past. If he wasn't going to tell me, then someone else had too. I wanted to find out so badly. Especially when I remembered him whispering those words in my ear.

"Hiding your feelings will get you nowhere.."  ...What did he mean?

Melony came by in my room earlier to inform me everything was ready for tonights dinner, and the idea hit me to ask her about Kris's history. She had to know. It took a lot of courage, and a lot of pushing for Melony to spill the information about Kris's past. She ended up telling me about Kris's mother, and how she left.

We were more alike then I thought. Someone we both loved, and admired so deeply just left us, and our family. My father, Terance, left with Tabitha, and Kris's mother Suki, left with her best friend Enlai. I feel so bad.

"Well, why did she leave with Enlai in the first place? Was she not happy with Han?" I asked Melony, and Melony just shook her head, and it looked as if she was about to cry.

"You miss her, don't you?" I asked, and Melony slightly nodded, letting a tear form and drop directly onto her hand.

"Suki was a very wonderful woman..full of brightness, and happiness, she was a hardworker, and she cared for others more then herself. I've known her way before Kris was even born. We were actually friends since high school..But her family got wealthy, and you know..she just moved onto the richer life. When I dropped out of high school due to family problems back then, Suki took me in. I was so thankful to her, she truly had a kind heart. I don't know what her friend Enlai did to just steal her like that..It was so unexpected..Although i did hear about him quite a lot from Suki.." Melony said as she shot me a look like she remembered something really important.

"She talked about him a lot? Like how?" I asked. I felt like a detective asking her that question, like I was trying to solve a mystery.

"Well, how she missed her best friend since elementary school. How she wished she was still in contact with him, and how...how Han reminded her so much of Enlai." Melony said.

"So...Han was...was replacing Enlai?" I asked, and Melony shrugged.

"I mean..I guess..I don't know, I can't be for sure, but that makes a lot of sense." Melony said, and I just nodded. I felt bad for Kris after hearing what happened to him. I felt bad for Han, and Melony as well. Losing a good friend, a wife, a mother..It was all truly hard. I felt bad that they had to go through that pain for so long..but i went through it too. Ever since I heard my dad's new fiance's name, where she was from, and everything..I hated everything that was connected to her. I hated the name Tabitha, I hated Italy, I hated Italian food..It just reminded me so much of my father.

"..So her name is Suki? Such a pretty name.." I said looking down at my sheets, and Melony nodded. 

"Suki means 'love' and 'fondness'. Two traits she had." Melony said. Melony shook her head and she made her sadness disappear and she quickly put a smile on.

"Well, I guess things happen for a reason..the good thing that came out of all of this is that two lovely people joined this family..You and your mother. I'm glad I met you guys.." Melony said with a smile, and I nodded and smiled back. I knew she wasn't trying to make me feel bad, like i was interupting someones life with my mother. Right after, the doorbell rang.

"Well, looks like someones boyfriends here.." Melony said as she gave me a wink, and I just blushed and bit my bottom lip.

"Aish.." I mumbled. I got up and followed Melony out of my room. I heard Kris open the front door, and greet Baekhyun. They both automatically started talking and hanging out. It seemed like Baekhyun totally forgot why he came here. Melony noticed it too, and she began giggling.

"Boys will be boys.." She said as she started going down the stairs, and I smiled, and nodded.

"Boys will be boys." I mimicked Melony with a laugh.

 I was really excited and looking forward for my mother and Baekhyun getting to know eachother, but apart of me was feeling towards Suki. I felt really bad for Kris. Losing a father was another thing, and losing your mother was different too. Both of them held different jobs in someones life. Important jobs.  

Baekhyun was already greeting Han, and my mother with Kris by his side in the kitchen. Melony and I started to hurry down the hall, and we finally reached them.

"Baekhyun!" I cried and he turned around and smiled. I quickly speed walked over to him, and held his hand, and faced my mother.

"Mom..this is Baekhyun. My boyfriend." I said with a smile, and my mom smiled at Baekhyun and shaked his other hand.

"Nice to meet you Baekhyun, I'm obviously Miku's mother. Please, call me Ms. Jihyun." My mother said. She didn't want to be called Mrs. Ryuk which was my fathers last name, or Mrs. Wu since it was done yet. She had no other option but to go with her first name.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Jihyun." Baekhyun said as he shook my mothers hand, and slightly bowed. My mother quickly looked at me and smiled. She likes him. So far, so good. 

"Ah, would you look at that? Baekhyun, welcome to the family." Han said with a smile as he patted Baekhyun's back, and all Baekhyun did was smile, and blush. He looked at me, and blushed even more, making me blush. Aish, how cute.

"Master Han, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter