You Should've Told Me Earlier

Element Captor

 

 

He slammed the door shut, locked it then jumped onto his bed. Quickly drying his tears before Yesung saw anything. "Yah, what's wrong?" Yesung turned around.

"Nothing. I'm just... Feeling sick and tired." Sungmin sniffed as he got up. His fringe covered his eyes in attempt to avoid letting Yesung know he cried. "I'll go take a shower." Sungmin grabbed his towel and headed to the bathroom downstairs where his brother was still not doing his homework.

"Yah, Sungmin!" Jungsu yelled, making Sungmin stop just as he was about to step into the bathroom. "You know, I invited Kyuhyun over for dinner tonight. I think he'll be coming over for dinner more often now." Sungmin froze at hearing Kyuhyun and 'invited'.

Kyuhyun? Invited to OUR house for DINNER? You have got to be kidding me. "K-Kyuhyun? Coming here to eat dinner?"

"Yep, do you have a problem with it?" Jungsu raised an eyebrow, looking suspiciously at Sungmin.

"Nothing..." He quickly stepped into the bathroom.

Darn, Kyuhyun in our house? Watching me eat during dinner time? Sungmin thought about how he would eat if Kyuhyun were there, looking at him.

After few hours of studying and finishing his homework in the afternoon, Sungmin finally finished. "Hey, what's up with you? You rarely study! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" Yesung said with a shocked expression. "What have you done with Sungmin and return him right now!" Yesung said in false anger.

"YAH! Didn't you want me to study every time? Isn't it good now that I'm studying?" Sungmin exploded, still angry about Kyuhyun and the girl. Tears were forming in his eyes, almost ready to trickle down his chubby cheeks.

"Heyy, you better tell me what's wrong." Yesung went closer to Sungmin, making him sit down.

"I.. I just... I saw Kyuhyun with that girl again. I don't know why but when I saw them together, I was so angry." Sungmin clenched his fists, tears already trickling down his face. "It felt like my heart was tearing into two and I just..." He burst into tears. Yesung wiped his tears away with his fluffy paw.

"Yah.. That's love, it happens when you like someone. Although it's a bit weird that you're both guys, it happens to everyone in the world. And didn't I tell you to not care about him? I know you just can't seem to forget him. YAH. Now wipe your tears and we have to practice now!"

 

 

 

Sungmin was stuck in his room after some training in the void; he had pulled out his old acoustic guitar. He was so absorbed in it he didn't even realize that someone had entered his house. There was a knock on his door, however when Sungmin plays his guitar, he just forgets every single thing around him. Not even Yesung whispering that someone is coming.

The door slowly swung open, Yesung froze, his eyes widened. Kyuhyun took a few steps closer, "Sungmin?" As he was about to reach his hand out, Sungmin jumped up. "YAH!" He could barely breathe, "You could've knoc-" He stared at Kyuhyun who was dumbfounded. "Ehh... Kyuhyun?"

"Heh. Sorry, but I... I did knock. Maybe you just didn't hear me. I heard you play the guitar and I like your playing. Mind playing a song for me?" Kyuhyun smiled.

Sungmin stood rooted in his place, Kyuhyun just asked me to play a song for him... What should I play?

He freaked out. "Erm, alright..." Sungmin unknowingly agreed to play a song. He played a familiar song to Kyuhyun, after a few seconds he realized it was his band's hit song. Kyuhyun, Jungsu and a few other friends created a band last year and got famous after they sang a song called 'Angel Beats!’.

Kyuhyun grinned and started to sing along. Sungmin felt his heart flutter, listening to his voice made him melt. He loved the smoothness in his voice and the calmness that fills the room when he sings.

"Ahh... Hope is a Dream that Never Sleeps." Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. "I'm surprised you play it so well!" He laughed. "You know... Why don't you consider joining our band?"

"Ehhhh?!?!" Sungmin's mouth opened, "Me? Join Angel Beats?"

"Yes! You see, our guitarist has graduated and went overseas to live with his parents. It would be nice if you joined us and be our new guitarist." Kyuhyun pouted. "Why don't you think about it and tell me soon."

There was another loud knock on the door, "Yah, you two." Jungsu grinned. "Time for dinner."

Everyone sat down at the dinner table, Jungsu and Kyuhyun laughing together as they slowly ate their food. "Yah! Why didn't you tell me your brother plays the guitar? We could've asked him to join!"

"Sungminnie?" Jungsu pointed his index finger at Sungmin who was staring between the both of them, his mouth full of rice. "How is he good at the guitar?! Even I can play better than him!"

"Ehh? Are you sure? When I heard it upstairs it was marvelous!" Kyuhyun defended, making Sungmin's cheeks red hot.

 

 

 

The next morning, Sungmin found himself yawning loudly as he skated to school. He pouted as he prayed that he wouldn't bump into Kyuhyun and the girl.

His nightmares came through when, in front of him, he saw what he dread to see. Kyuhyun was walking next to a girl, shoulder to shoulder. Jungsu was beside Kyuhyun, slowly pushing his bicycles by the side.

The two of them look so... Close. What if... It's true... I'm sure it is!

Sungmin failed at his attempt to quickly skate by them, hoping they didn't notice him. It was too obvious! His untidy black, silky hair, his uniform and his skateboard, it was all Lee Sungmin! "Eh!? Sungmin!"

He froze, darn, darn, DARN.

"O-oh. Erm, hi..." Sungmin smiled awkwardly as he waved to Kyuhyun.

"Oh, I haven't introduced her to you, have I?" Sungmin wanted to escape, quick. He thought of the lamest excuse ever.

"O-oh.. OH NO! Look at the time! I'M GONNA BE SO LATE!" He quickly got to school on his board, leaving the three of them stunned. He met Ryeowook at the front gate, "Yah, Lee Sungmin! Slow down! You're gonna get hurt!" Ryeowook said worriedly. "Close call?" Sungmin nodded.

They made their way to Mrs Park's class again, the class everyone hated. "Hey... What should I tell him?" Ryeowook looked up at Sungmin confused. "Hmm? What are you are talking about?"

"Kyuhyun... Kyuhyun, he... He asked me to join Angel Beats." Ryeowook almost choked at Sungmin's words.

"Angel Beats!? THE ANGEL BEATS!?" Everyone stared at them. Angel Beats! was the most famous band here in the district.

"Made of Jungsu, your brother, Kyuhyun, Heechul, and Donghae, who just graduated. Yah! It's an opportunity of a life time! Do you know how many girls love them?"

Sungmin chuckled. "Yeah, but... I'm afraid I'll screw up or something..." He thought about it.

The group was perfect! Heechul, who is the same age as Kyuhyun and his brother, was the best bass player he had ever seen. Jungsu was an awesome drummer with good looks too.

Sungmin giggled.

Kyuhyun had the nicest voice ever, the voice of an angel's. Not to mention he had good looks, and a great personality too. And lastly, Donghae had awesome guitar playing skills. Now that he has graduated... Me? Be the new guitar player?

Sungmin thought about it slowly. Maybe, I should agree...

 

 

 

On his skateboard he was still dreaming about being close with the other members. While sitting near the school gate, he heard two voices. One which seemed very familiar. "YAH! Choi Siwon! Let me go now! I'm a very busy person!"

The boy pulled the other closer to him, "Kibum ah, why are you like that to me? Don't leeeeeave!" He whined. Kibum sulked, turned around to the other boy, "You see, I have no time. I need to go now!" Sungmin got up to see who it was. That guy... Looks familiar.

"Hey, aren't you that guy that helped me the other time?" Sungmin raised his eyebrow.

Kibum turned to him, with a annoyed expression. "Do I know you?" He frowned, and glared at Sungmin who helplessly looked away as fast as possible. He couldn't keep his gaze on Kibum, something about his glare was just so scary.

"But... I really think I kn-" Sungmin was cut off by Kibum as he furiously walked away. Siwon turned and gave Sungmin the same death glare, "See? You frightened him!" Siwon chased after him, "Kibummie-ahhhhhhhh~! Wait up!"

Sungmin shook his head in disapproval, and continued to skate back home.

 

 

 

"WOOKIE!"

"HUH WHAT Eh- Oh, hi Sungmin!" Ryeowook gave his usual, bright welcoming smile. "What's up!?"

"Well, I've decided to join Angel Beats!"

"ANGEL BEA-" Ryeowook yelled but his voice was muffled by Sungmin's hand on his mouth.

"Shhh! Kyuhyun and Jungsu asked me to keep it as a secret! I'm going to meet the bassist, Heechul and this new guy, Henry, who's apparently the back-up guitarist, this Saturday." Sungmin whispered, settling himself down on his chair.

"You're going to be famous!" Ryeowook exclaimed.

"Aishhhh, but not as famous as Kyuhyun..." Sungmin blushed.

"But still..!" Ryeowook danced across the classroom, his arms spread wide. "You'll be flocked by girls all the time... And you won't be spending as much time with me anymore." He dejectedly sat in his seat.

"Oh Wookie. Don't be silly! I'll always spend time with you! Come on, give me a hug!" Sungmin then got up and gave Ryeowook a bone crushing hug.

"Alright, now class.." Mr Choi said as he walked in with a huge smile, "I have some thrilling news to announce!" He clasped his hands together and looked from left to right. "We are having two new transfer students in our class!" He finally got the attention he wanted. Murmuring amongst the class rose. "Welcome Choi Siwon and Kim Kibum!" He clapped his hands loudly for them.

Siwon and Kibum? Aren't they..

The two of them walked in. Sungmin recognized the couple, especially Kibum who turned to Sungmin with his death glare. Siwon saw Kibum and smirked, "Hi everyone, my name is Choi Siwon." Sungmin realised all the girls were staring at him, "Wahhh, they're handsome...” The girls whispered.

Kibum rolled his eyes and introduced himself, "I'm Kim Kibum." The girls kept silent, "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" They cheered as though they were cheering for Angel Beats.

"Well, I see you'll cope well in our school." Mr Choi chuckled. "You can seat at those empty seats there." He pointed at the chairs behind Ryeowook and Sungmin.

 

 

 

Coming over to Sungmin's house soon became a routine for Kyuhyun. Every day he would be at their house's doorstep with a huge smile on his face. Until one day he decided to bring her along.

"Ehh!?! Victoria? You're here too?" Jungsu exclaimed.

"Yeah, Kyuhyun decided to bring me over since I haven't been here before. You don't mind, do you?"

"Noooo. Of course not!" Jungsu laughed.

Sungmin was, as usual, was playing his new electric guitar bought by Ryeowook just for the sole purpose of playing in Angel Beats! in his room, trying to practice so he won't make a fool out of himself on Saturday.

As he was taking a drink from the desk in his room, he heard a female's voice behind him. "Is that Sungmin?" A girl asked. Sungmin turned around, and saw Kyuhyun and a girl peeping through the door. "Ah, Kyuhyun? And..." Sungmin saw her, she was that girl, the girl he saw having such a blast with Kyuhyun. He lowered his head, "Oh, hi..."

"Hey! EVERYONE! Come down here and eat now!" Jungsu yelled from the living room. Sungmin immediately rushed downstairs, trying to avoid an awkward situation, he sat next to his father.

Few minutes into the dinner, and nobody had spoken at all. Finally Kyuhyun chuckled, making Sungmin look up. "Erm, you've met her right? But why did you run away that day? I was gonna introduce you two."

Sungmin glanced at her and immediately turned back to his food. He played with the few strands of noodles left in the bowl in front of him.

"Well, Victoria, I'd like you to meet Sungmin, who'll be joining Angel Beats soon." The girl, now known as Victoria, smiled. Sungmin looked at her carefully. She was beautiful and had the smile of an angel's.

"Hi Sungmin." She waved happily.

"Sungmin, remember the other time I told you that someone held me up before we went for dinner? Yep, it's Victoria."

Victoria giggled, "I'm sorry, Sungminnie."

"Nah, wasn't your fault." Sungmin sulked, trying to show that he wasn't happy.

"This is Victoria," Sungmin heart pounded, I'm sure she's his girlfriend.. I'm sure.. "She's my cousin, she just returned from a university in America. She’s clever, isn’t she?" They chuckled away. Sungmin lowered his jaw, all this time I've been making a fool of myself... He gave an awkward smile, "Hi.." Aish, he should've told me earlier..

 

 

 

Now the four are like best friends, Sungmin finally found out why everyone liked Victoria. She's pretty, intelligent and she's soooo kind! Plus, Jungsu hyung has a secret crush on her.

Sungmin chuckled whenever he thought about it. He found out when he snuck into Jungsu's room and just accidentally saw his diary which had flipped open to the right page, 'I have a crush on Victoria..'

Come on, hyung. Which guy has a diary.

Once again they were sitting at the dining table eating. It's Friday, the meeting will be tomorrow! Suddenly he felt Yesung's voice beside his ear. "Yah, you punk. Watery is near now, YOU HAVE TO GO NOW! IT'S YOUR LITTLE LAST PIECE OF WATERY!"

"Ehhh?!?" Sungmin blurted out. Everyone stared at him.

"Is there a problem?" Kyuhyun asked curiously. "Erm. I... I.. I have to go and get something done!" Sungmin carelessly ran out of the house. He could hear his father shouting, "YAH! IN THE MIDDLE OF HAVING DINNER!?"

Sungmin ran out onto the streets, it was empty except for a blue blob of water staring straight at Sungmin. "Right. Time to get this over with…" He pulled the keychain out from his pocket and recited the usual words, "BY THE POWERS OF THE ELEMENTS, I CALL FOR THE HELP OF THE SUN AND THE MOON. OPEN!"

Sungmin stood right next to Yesung who had also changed into his wolf self. "Let's kick some assss." Sungmin smirked as he ran towards Watery, but stopped immediately as he saw from the corner of his eye, another Watery appearing. "Yahhh, Yesung! Please tell me you're joking with me, cause.. WHY THE HELL ARE THERE TWO OF THEM!?" Sungmin looked at the two identical blobs of water.

"Aish, this must be a twin summon.. LISTEN CAREFULLY, SUNGMIN. YOU HAVE TO DEFEAT THEM TOGETHER TO GET THE FINAL ELEMENTAL ORB FROM WATERY!"

"YAH AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!?!?" Sungmin yelled, panicking as Watery tried to shoot at him. He dodged as he listened carefully to Yesung.

"AHHHH, Just… JUST FOCUS!" Yesung yelled.

Sungmin flew across the air as Watery attacked, water hit his chest hard and sent him flying.

He hit the nearby wall and yelled in pain, "Argh.." He looked up, the other Watery was coming closer. "I have to defeat the both of you.. Try not to make it difficult, please?" He panted. Watery shot at him as Sungmin dodged in time, "Yahh, I see you wanna do it the hard way." He lifted Stella up and shouted, "BRING UPON THE DUST IN MY AID!"

"Dusty, create a huge amount of dust to destroy our enemies!" Sungmin yelled, summoning the beautiful fairy. Dusty immediately raised her hand and a huge bolt of dust came out from them. Right! This will blind them, and I can do the finishing move! Easy peasy! Sungmin thought to himself in triumph. His happiness turned into dismay when the dust cleared, and the summons attacked Sungmin. "YESUNG!!! HELP!!" Sungmin screamed.

"Sungmin! Think! How can you defeat both of them at the same time?"

Sungmin paused, thinking. I need some people who are perfectly in sync... Just as he was thinking, two dark figures appeared, and starting attacking both monsters in perfect sync. Who are they? Their figures look familiar...

The two figures punched at the same time, kicked at the same time, and eventually defeated the summon.

"YAH! SUNGMIN!! NOW!" One of the figures yelled. Assuming it was time for him to seal the monsters, he stepped forward. "Return to the form you were meant to be, ELEMENTAL ORB!" Sungmin shouted, swinging Stella towards the summon.

The summon became an orb, and one landed on the hands of each of the figures. "You have the other 2 parts right? Might as well give this to you." One of the figures said to Sungmin, passing it to him. Stella absorbed the orbs immediately. Sungmin looked up to thank them, but they had already disappeared. They sounded familiar... Sungmin thought to himself.

"Yah, Sungmin! Let's go home! I'm starved!" Yesung said to Sungmin. He nodded, and Dusty went back into Stella.