Another One

Element Captor

 

“Yah, Sungmin-ah! Why don’t you do the dishes today?” Jungsu yelled, popping chips into his mouth as usual.

“What!? BUT HYUNG!” Sungmin whined as he stood in the kitchen, “I did them yesterday!”

“I’ll get you pictures of Kyuhyun.”

“… I’ll do them.”

“Sungmin-ah,” Jungsu said softly. “Why do you like Kyuhyunnie so much?” He asked, still eating the chips.

“Well, he’s handsome, has a great voice-“ Sungmin was cut off by Jungsu suddenly yelling from his position.

“Yah! Why are you ‘fangirling’ over him and not your own hyung?” Jungsu said jokingly, with a slight smile on his face. Sungmin was laughing loudly, “Why would I ‘fangirl’ over you for goodness sake?!”

 

 

“Minmin! Susu! You’re here!” Henry beamed with joy as he jumped towards the siblings walking into the studio. “Kyukyu’s not here yet, so there are no snacks until he arrives.” Henry pouted.

Sungmin nudged Jungsu, “Yah, wasn’t this how Donghae talked?” He whispered softly.

“They’re brothers for a reason.” Jungsu whispered back, leaving the both of them laughing by themselves while Heechul was cleaning his bass. Finally, the door swung wide open and Kyuhyun walked in with his usual smile.

Henry immediately ran to Kyuhyun, “KYUKYU! YOU’RE HERE! YAY, SNACKS!” Kyuhyun laughed and placed the box he brought on the table. “I brought cake, and Henry, of course, your favourite, strawberry cake.”

“Yesssss!!” Henry squealed in delight, and started to eat. “Henry? How old are you?” Sungmin raised an eyebrow.

“Me?” Henry grinned, “I’m the same age as you.” He munched on the slice of cake he put in his mouth, “Minmin! Chullie! Come eat the cake! It’s delicious!” He yelled cheerfully, leaving Sungmin in a state of shock, that kiddish boy was the same age as him.

“Henry, don’t eat so fast. You’ll get indigestion.” Heechul snapped, always worrying about the health of others. He put down his cloth then took out his favourite type of cake from the box- Mont Blanc.

“Kyu-ah.” Jungsu called his best friend with an evil smirk on his face. He held the box towards Kyuhyun, opened it slightly and softly whispered, “There’s a spider in here.” Kyuhyun froze, and slowly walked himself to the corner of the room; he crouched and covered his ears with his hands.

Sungmin walked over to him, “Kyuhyun hyung? Aren't you going to eat..?” As he went nearer, he could hear Kyuhyun muttering to himself, “I can’t hear… I can’t… I can’t…” He kept repeating it over and over again.

Jungsu cheekily tip toed towards him, “Spider.” Kyuhyun whimpered, and shrunk into an even smaller ball. Sungmin was shocked that Kyuhyun out of all people was scared of insects, he always thought of Kyuhyun as the cool, brave guy he knew.

After taking their time to joke around and finish the cakes, they finally started the meeting. Sungmin knew Heechul was very serious when it came to meetings and such, so he tried his best not to laugh at Henry just sitting there yawning away.

“Guys! WAKE UP!” Heechul yelled from his seat. “We’ll be performing in a week! That’s next Saturday! We’ve got to think of a song to perform. We can’t keep performing Hope is a Dream that Never Sleeps… The audience will get bored of it.”

“Yah, are you saying you don’t like the song?” Kyuhyun asked jokingly. The rest of them giggled while Heechul jaws dropped, his eyes widened, “I am trying to help here and you’re still joking?” Everybody’s face straightened, they knew Heechul was losing it soon. “Alright, alright! We were just- just kidding.” Jungsu stuttered, he was always afraid of Heechul.

“We could write a new song, you know?” Sungmin looked up innocently, then went back to staring at his lap.

“Nah, we’re too lazy.” Jungsu sulked. "Well, there is that one song that Donghae hyung wrote for us before he left... we could perform that." Jungsu suggested.

"Oh you mean 'I met an angel'? That's an awesome song!! He wrote some lyrics and melody for the rest of our instruments too...." Heechul said, looking around. "Any idea where it is?"

"The storeroom, perhaps?" Kyuhyun suggested.

Heechul walked towards the storeroom and rummaged through it. “FOUND IT!” He walked out, looking through the pieces of papers. “Lemme’ see that.” Jungsu snatched it from Heechul’s hands, leaving him stunned.

“Yep, we’ll use this.” Jungsu smiled. “So, Kyuhyun…”Jungsu trailed off with Kyuhyun shooting his hand up in the air, with an excited expression.

“Why don’t all of us participate in this song… As in, why don’t all of us have parts to sing?” Everyone turned to look at Kyuhyun, especially Heechul who bawled at him.

“What are you talking about…?”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, he showed everyone the paper, “See? I can take the first few lines and maybe Jungsu the next few. Sungmin and I can sing the chorus together while Henry takes the next verse!” Kyuhyun said excitedly, almost bouncing in his chair.

“Wait, b-but… I can’t sing…” Sungmin stuttered, hanging his head low.

“Don’t lie to me, Sungmin!” Kyuhyun pushed him by his shoulder, “I know you can!” He smiled. Sungmin gave a tiny smile, he felt his face grow hotter.

“GOOD. Let’s start practice!” Heechul snapped as he picked up his cloth and went back to cleaning his bass.

They went back to the middle of the room and practiced their respective parts. Because Sungmin was really good at sight reading, he managed to play it relatively fluently at the first try, while Henry struggled, much behind him. "Minmin!! How do you play this chord?" Henry pouted.

Sungmin sighed, for this was the tenth time Henry asked him for help. "Well, you put your index finger on the third string of the first fre..." Sungmin trailed off, feeling a familiar feeling. "Erm, erm, Henry, ask Heechul hyung how to play that part, er, I have something to attend to!" He shouted over his shoulder as he ran out of the practice room.

Good. There's no one around... He quickly reached into his pocket, and took out Stella. Thank goodness it fell off my bag today! He thought and breathed a sigh of relief. "OPEN!" he shouted and Stella expended into the staff she was. If only Yesung was here! He could tell me where the element is! Sungmin thought, slowing to a stop…. Slowing to a stop, he started concentrating.

Come on, Sungmin… CONCENTRATE. He told himself, he lifted his fingers to his head, massaging his temples. I’ve got to find out where that element is… I GOT IT! He shouted, opening his eyes.

Sungmin closed his eyes again, and started to visualize. In his vision he had a vivid image of some dark place, there were trees everywhere. Sungmin thought. Trees? He thought to himself. Trees... trees...trees can't grow indoors. There must be a reason why it's trees... He thought hard. He recalled himself riding on a bus along with Jungsu earlier this day, and he was looking out of the window... and saw a forest! "The forest!" He said out loud, and ran out of the entrance, not realizing that there was someone following him...

Sungmin ran out into the open, and towards the forest which was just in front of the studios. He skidded to a stop in front of the forest, took a deep breath and plunged himself into the dark forest of trees and mystery.

He walked around, sensing for where the presence was coming from. He ran towards the direction, and saw a dark brown colored summon pulling trees from the ground, and playing with the wood, causing it to be hard for a human to get through. Dammit, Yesung… Where are you when I need you?

“TIME TO GET YOU OVER WITH.” Sungmin held Stella up and pointed it towards the summon, which slyly smiled. It took big steps towards Sungmin, he gulped and took a few steps back as well. He took a deep breathe, and started to run.

, , . He’s bigger than I thought. Sungmin dodged from its attack, he lifted Stella up, “WATERY. I need you… Please, a whirpool, or something…” A fairy appeared from Stella, she spinned in circles, Sungmin stared at her. Her body was completely translucent, made of water.

Sungmin wore a determined look on his face. "Water, make a whirlpool to destroy even the darkest of my enemies. WATERY!" Sungmin yelled, and swung Stella towards Watery, summoning her forward.

Watery turned around a few times, like a ballerina, and started spinning faster, and faster. Surprisingly, nothing else seemed to be into Watery except the brown summon, though there was a strong gust of wind. The brown summon groaned, and tried to escape the whirlpool as it got closer and closer towards it, but the huge and bulky summon was no match for a slender element fairy as a whirlpool.

Once the summon got into the whirlpool, and Watery stopped spinning around, and captured the summon using her magic, in a blob of water. She nodded to Sungmin who nodded back to her. He took a deep breath and held out Stella. "Return to the form you were meant to be. ELEMENTAL ORB!" he shouted, swinging Stella forward.

Watery and the summon was into the tip of Stella and disappeared. Stella turned back into 'her' keychain self, and Sungmin clutched it and smiled. "I'll ask Yesung what it is when I reach home," he decided out loud. His voice covered the sound of leaves rustling, and someone ran out of the forest.

Sungmin returned to the studio, sweaty, and it seemed like Henry had just finished learning his part, with Heechul by his side, coaching him gently. "Welcome back, MinMin," Jungsu addressed Sungmin cheekily. Sungmin glared at him, and put Stella back into his pocket.

"Shall we practice now?" Heechul asked. The rest nodded.

There was an instrumental break, before Kyuhyun started singing. He opened his mouth, and an angelic sound came out of it. Before they knew it, they had sung and completed the song.

“Hey~ Do you think that if we wrote our names, deep into our memories, all the same, we'll retain just a tiny bit of our perfect treasure?” Kyuhyun sung.

“Yes~ I think it's time for me to confess~ Those exciting days when we were blessed, I'm impressed with the way you filled my heart up to the top” Followed by Sungmin.

“The uniform and shoes that we always wore, the things on the whiteboard we would draw.” Jungsu smiled.

“I guess this is where we move on, we'll walk into tomorrow and we'll carry on, but..” Henry continued.

“Hey, I guess, we found one! An angel, oh so sweet and fun

This graduation, it won't be the end

Because, you know that, we'll be forever friends

Pictures of us together

And our memories are forever

I want you to know, for all we go through

We'll think of your shining smile, and we'll thank you”

They all sang the chorus together. Aish, this song just makes me tear up… Donghae hyung must’ve been a great writer… Sungmin then turned to Kyuhyun, and smiled.