My Reflection

Element Captor

 

"Your magic is improving, you know." Yesung said while munching on half of Sungmin's sandwich while they walked to school.

"Thanks, Yesung!" Sungmin jumped, saturated with happiness that finally his magic had gotten better than before.

"Hey Sungmin!" Sungmin heard a cheerful voice, and hands covered his eyes.

Sungmin gave a squeak, before prying away the hands on his eyes. Turning around, he saw Kyuhyun standing with a smile on his face.

"K-Kyuhyun!?" Sungmin gasped, his eyes widened. "W-why..."

"I just wanted to accompany you on your walk to school today." Kyuhyun gave a big grin and took his position beside Sungmin.

Sungmin blushed, and heard Yesung grunt in annoyance next to his ear, but he didn't bother about that. All that mattered now was Kyuhyun walking next to him talking excitedly, and nothing else.

 

 

 

Sungmin leaned back in his chair as the school bell rang.

"Alright, class!" Mrs. Song clapped her hands to gather everyone's attention. "Homework for today would be pages 100-105, in your English workbook, due next week!" Mrs Song said.

"Alright, Mrs. Song!" The class whined.

After she'd left Ryeowook jumped out of his seat and started stretching.

"Hey, you guys wanna go grab a bite?" Siwon grinned.

"I'll just stay here and do my work... Smart people," Sungmin teased.

"Humph!" Kibum playfully stomped his foot and walked out of the class with Siwon following closely behind.

"Are you serious about doing your work?" Ryeowook had a horrible look on his face.

"Why would I..." Sungmin giggled as they left the class.

They four friends managed to get down to the canteen without any disturbances- which was rare, considering that more than half of the girls in school were fans of Angel Beats!.

"Woah!" Kibum laughed, "Finally a day when the fangirls ain't around. What did you do, Sungmin?" He joked and punched Sungmin lightly on the arm.

Sungmin held up his hands in pretense surrender. "Nothing, I swear!" he laughed.

When they reached the canteen, it was oddly silent and empty. "What's going on?" Sungmin said.

Ryeowook shrugged. "I dont know... Let's just grab something to eat."

After all their bellies were filled, they headed over to the field, where it connected with Jungsu's and Kyuhyun's school. Sungmin wanted to see if there would be a chance to see Kyuhyun, and Kibum wanted to see Jungsu. Siwon and Ryeowook just tagged along. They almost reached the field, when they heard screams and cheers.

"OMG!!!! IT'S JUNGSU AND KYUHYUN FROM ANGEL BEATS!!"

Sungmin and Kibum immediately lifted their heads as they heard 'Angel Beats!'.

"Kyuhyun..." Sungmin mumbled.

"Jungsu?" Kibum said excitedly, and bounced to join the crowd, while Sungmin, Ryeowook and Siwon followed more slowly. He pushed his way the the front of the crowd, and saw Kyuhyun and Jungsu playing soccer. Sungmin smiled slightly as he watched Kyuhyun play. He just looked so happy, and that smile on Kyuhyun's face just made Sungmin brighten up.

There was a sudden silence. Sungmin realised that everyone was whispering to each other, casting suspicious glances at Sungmin and Kyuhyun, and there was a occasional fangirl scream which was quickly muted. Sungmin panicked. Were the Angelics figuring out that there was something with Kyuhyun and himself? Turning to the wire mesh that split the two schools, he forced his voice to work. "WHOO!!! JUNGSU HYUNG, KYUHYUN HYUNG, HWAITING!!" He shouted.

The fangirls soon forgot about what happened and continued to cheer for Jungsu and Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun looked over, and saw Sungmin looking at him. Smiling, he waved to Sungmin. "Yo!" he said happily. All the fangirls screamed, assuming that Kyuhyun was talking to all of them. Sungmin smiled.

Then the bell rang. Whining and complaining, the fangirls slowly made their way back to their own classrooms, casting longing looks back at Jungsu and Kyuhyun.

Sungmin rejoined Ryeowook, Kibum and Siwon, and they casted strange looks at him.

"Erm.. Sungmin.. Didn’t you just run that way?" Ryeowook said awkwardly, raising one eyebrow, pointing towards the staircase.

"No, of course not!" Sungmin said surprised.

Ryeowook scratched his head, "I could've sworn you went that way!"

"Aish, your eyes are all messed up!" Sungmin joked with Ryeowook. "Now hurry up- Mrs. Kim will kill us if we're late!"

 

 

 

"Sungmin!" Siwon panted, as him and Kibum caught up with Sungmin and Ryeowook, walking to school. "What was wrong with you yesterday?"

"What d'ya mean?" Sungmin asked worriedly.

"Pushing over books in a bookstore, pushing a kid off his bicycle, stealing ice cream- I didn’t know you were that kind of person!" Kibum exclaimed.

"WHAT!?" Sungmin turned as white as sheet. "I never did that!"

"Yes, you did!" Siwon protested. "You're just lucky no one else saw you."

Ryeowook shook his head in denial. "I was with Sungmin the entire day- I swear it by whatever your like; Jungsu and Heechul."

Sungmin nodded furiously at Ryeowook's answer, "I swear I was with Ryeowook the whole day! And I'm sure I didn't do anything like pushing over books and kids!"

"But that can't be it!" Kibum frowned, "We're a hundred and one percent sure that we saw you doing all that!"

".............. punk." The usual raspy voice that Sungmin was used to hearing sounded next to his ear. And evidently, he wasn't the only one who heard it, Kibum, Siwon and Ryeowook heard it too.

"Yesung?" Sungmin whispered.

"Let's go to a quiet place shall we?" Yesung said irritably. Sungmin nodded, and all 4 friends ran to the quietest part in the school. Then Yesung appeared. Flying over to Kibum, he lifted a paw, and brought it down hard on Kibum's head.

"OUCH!!" Kibum shrieked. "What was that for?!"

"Couldn't you recognize the sense?" Yesung demanded. "It's Mirror, you punk!"

"W-What...?" Kibum mumbled, still rubbing his head as the pain pounded against his skull.

"That 'Sungmin' you saw yesterday, it wasn't Sungmin at all! It's Mirror!"

"But..." Kibum stammered.

Yesung facepalmed. "Now all we need to do is to find Mirror be-" But Yesung was cut off by the school bell ringing.

Stuffing Yesung into his bag, Sungmin and his friends dashed up the stairs to get to class.

 

 

 

"Yesung?" Sungmin said as he ped his bag.

The little thing zoomed out of the bag and yelled right at Sungmin,"I TOLD YOU TO STOP DOING THAT! ONE DAY I'M GOING TO SUFFOCATE IN THERE AND YOU'D ACTUALLY FORGET ME." He cried, raising a paw and hitting Sungmin on the head.

"Ouch!" Sungmin gave a yelp, and started rubbing his head.

Yesung cleared his throat. "Now, as I was saying, we have to find Mirror before Sungmin's reputation is ruined, and he destroys the popularity of Angel Beats!."

 

 

 

"Hey Sungmin!" Kyuhyun said happily, spotting Sungmin skating on his skate board.

"Oh, hi." Sungmin said, sounding quite monotonous, skating on without even looking at Kyuhyun. Worried, Kyuhyun ran after him.

"Sungmin, what's wrong?"

Sungmin turned at looked at Kyuhyun, smiling. "Nothing, Kyuhyun." He said sweetly. "Let's go to the practice room together shall we?" He said. Kyuhyun nodded, not noticing the cold look in Sungmin's eyes as he walked beside Sungmin.

"Ah, Kyuhyun and Sungmin, you're here!" Jungsu greeted the pair as they walked in. "I thought you said you were skipping, Sungmin," Jungsu said with a cheeky glint in his eyes. Sungmin ignored him and went to the cupboard to take out his guitar. Jungsu narrowed his eyes in suspicion, and shrugged.

Probably having a bad day.. he thought to himself.

"Hey, do you know what's wrong with Sungmin?" Kyuhyun asked Jungsu worriedly, in a lowered voice to make sure Sungmin couldn't hear him.

"No idea, man. He was fine yesterday..." Jungsu sighed.

Kyuhyun bit his lip. "You dont think he's having a rough time in school do you?" Kyuhyun whispered.

Jungsu cracked his knuckles. "If anyone did anything to him..." he muttered.

"Can we get started?" Sungmin asked, his voice unnaturally cold.

"Aren't we going to wait for Henry and Heechul?" Jungsu said, his voice hardening matching Sungmin's in coldness.

Sungmin shrugged, and stood at his place. "Their loss."

Just then, the door was flung open with a panting Henry and Heechul. "Sorry we're late!" they said panting.

Sungmin turned around and glared at them, "What's wrong with you guys... Can't you just be earlier?" He asked harshly.

Henry and Heechul stared at Sungmin, taken aback. "MinMin..." Henry said, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"Call me Sungmin!" Sungmin spat at Henry, anger in his eyes.

"That's enough, Sungmin!" Kyuhyun said angrily, holding his shoulder firmly.

Sungmin hit Kyuhyun's hand off. "Dont touch me so casually!" he shouted, his eyes having more anger in them. "Why are you so popular anyway?" Sungmin hissed.

Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin, wide-eyed. Then tears started to form in them as he took a step back. "I thought we were friends," he choked out. "I guess I was wrong." Kyuhyun turned around and walked to the door. "I thought we could be more than friends." he whispered, tears falling from his eyes and hitting the ground. Once those words left his mouth, he ran out of the room.

 

 

 

Sungmin ran along the shops, looking for Mirror- well, himself- with Kibum, Siwon, Ryeowook and Yesung by his side. "Any help, Kibum?" Sungmin panted.

Kibum whipped out a small cloth bag. He opened it, and inside were some dust. He took them out, and held his hand out. The dust flew towards left, and Kibum pointed towards there. "That way!" he said.

They ran across the road and pass a few blocks.

"Dammit, where could he be?!" Sungmin yelled.

Yesung closed his eyes, and a purple aura began to glow around him. "Hmm... Try the forest maybe?" he suggested. Looking at each other in silent agreement, the 5 friends ran towards the forest.

 

 

 

"There he is..." Kibum held out his arm to stop everyone from crossing the path.

In front of them they saw Mirror Sungmin with Jungsu. Mirror Sungmin was talking to Jungsu about something, and Jungsu went deeper into the forest.
"Jungsu!" Sungmin's shout came out as a hoarse whisper as he saw Jungsu walking deeper into the forest with Mirror smirking.

Sungmin was about to rush out of his hiding place when Siwon pulled him back, "What are you doing!? You can't just rush out like that, we need a plan!"

"Plan? PLAN?!" Sungmin screamed at Siwon. "My brother is in danger!" he shouted, and ran towards the forest.

Just as Sungmin reached the forest edge, he heard a startled scream which ended abruptly. "JUNGSU!" he screamed, and ran towards where Jungsu's scream came from.

As Sungmin reached a ravine, he was face to face with himself. Sungmin stared wide-eyed at the slumped and injured body of his brother at the bottom of the ravine. "You.. You injured my brother." He said, his voice low. "YOU COULD HAVE KILLED HIM!" he shouted.

Mirror stared shocked at Sungmin, eyes wide open. Yesung, Ryeowook, Siwon and Kibum came running up just as Sungmin finished releasing Stella.

"Sungmin!" Yesung shouted. "Just seal Mirror now!"

"NO!" Sungmin spat. "It deserves to get some pain considering what it did to Jungsu!"

"Sungmin! Enough!" Kibum shouted. "It's feeling remorse, you can seal it! Mirror doesn't get hurt from the elements!"

As the words of his friends soaked in, the anger in Sungmin's eyes faded, and he saw that what Kibum said was true. Mirror bent its head in apology and remorse.

Sungmin took a deep breath, and held Stella out. "Return to what you were meant to be! ELEMENTAL ORB!" he shouted, and Mirror turned back to normal.

It was a beautiful elf, with long straight teal hair. Turning to Jungsu, she kissed his forehead before going into Stella.

“Jungsu!” Sungmin cried before running to his injured brother who was lying at the bottom of the ravine.

"FLY!" Sungmin shouted, and summoned the phoenix. Carrying his brother, he placed Jungsu gently on the phoenix's back.

Sungmin heard Jungsu whisper softly "Kyuhyun..." and fear suddenly coursed through Sungmin.

After sending Jungsu home, he set out again to look for Kyuhyun. He knew that he had to find Kyuhyun- and fast.

 

 

 

Sungmin ran out to look for Kyuhyun in the rain, with an umbrella. He saw a figure just outside Kyuhyun's house. "KYUHYUN HYUNGGGGG!!" Sungmin yelled, as he ran closer, recognizing the dark figure to be Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun put down the bottle he was drinking from, and turned his head towards Sungmin's direction.

"Sungmin?" He asked weakly.

Sungmin knelt beside Kyuhyun, and placed the umbrella on his shoulder. Sungmin took the jacket he was wearing, and put it around Kyuhyun's shoulders.

"Are you al-" Sungmin was cut short by Kyuhyun's lips against his.

Sungmin, shocked, stiffened up, but slowly melted into the kiss. Kyuhyun broke the kiss and stared at Sungmin's brown doe eyes. "K-K-Kyuuhyun?" Sungmin whispered, stuttering.

Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin into a bone crushing hug, and started crying on Sungmin's shoulder. hugged him back. "It's alright, Kyuhyun." Hearing that, Kyuhyun started crying harder. "It's alright."