Ice Cream

Element Captor

Alright, I'm sorry if this chapter is kind of short but we did upload it, right? Hah. Okay, have fun reading :) 


 

"I mean, are you sick of being an Element Captor?"

"I really dont know, Yesung. I just dont know." Sungmin said, before turning his back to Yesung. "I'm going to sleep. Do whatever you want as long as there isnt a loud noise alright? Off the lights when you're ready to go to bed."

 

 

 

The next day when Sungmin woke up, he found Yesung meditating in front of Stella.

"Yesung?" Sungmin said.

Yesung jumped, and snapped out of this meditation causing him to fall on the desk. "What?!" he snapped, irritated.

"What're you doing, meditating in front of Stella?" Sungmin asked.

"Just checking how many elements you have left," Yesung said casually.

"And...?"

"You only have two left." Yesung faced Sungmin with a serious look. "And those are two core elements- Windy and Earthy."

"Really?" Sungmin said, sounding excited. "That's awesome!"

"Yes, but the power of Dal is getting stronger.." Yesung muttered to himself.

"What was that?" Sungmin said, taking out his uniform from his cupboard.

"Nothing!" Yesung said.

"Alright..." Sungmin said, heading to the bathroom.

"Sungmin!" Jungsu called from the living room.

"I’m coming!" Sungmin shouted from the bathroom. Running to his room, he grabbed his bag. "Yesung, I'll leave you something in the fridge, go get it later!" Sungmin hissed, before going out of the room.

"Finally down huh," Jungsu teased.

"Sorry I took so long.." Sungmin scratched the back of his neck.

"Doesnt matter," Sungmin's father said. "Here, porridge."

"Thanks, dad." Sungmin smiled as he took a seat at the table.

"So, anything on today?" Jungsu asked, raising an eyebrow at Sungmin.

"Hmmmm, a friend of mine asked me to help out at the school's jazz band and teach the juniors some guitar," Sungmin said.

"Can't you set it for another day.." Jungsu muttered.

"What's going on today?" Sungmin asked.

"Oh, the usual." Jungsu grinned.

"Naw, sorry, even if Kyuhyun's coming, a promise is a promise," Sungmin said, finishing up the last of his porridge. He brought his bowl to the kitchen and looked at the time. 8.50. Sungmin gasped; he was going to be late for his remedial lessons.

Dashing out of the kitchen, he hurriedly put on his shoes and ran out of his house, shouting good bye to his father and Jungsu. He looked around him, there was no one around. Taking out Stella from beneath his shirt, he quickly got her into her staff form. "Give me the extra boost to get me to school... DASH!" he shouted, and the little lion-dog came running out of Stella.

Dash started running around Sungmin's feet, and a yellow glow appeared around it. Dash ran for another round, before returning into Stella.

Sungmin grinned as he felt energy, more energy than he had ever felt before. He felt as if he could run all the way to the other end of the world.

 

 

 

"Hey Sungmin, you're early for once," Kibum teased.

“Oh, shut up!” Sungmin laughed jokingly.

"Did you cheat, use a cheat code or something?" Siwon laughed.

"No I did not!" Sungmin said, crossing his arms in fake anger.

"Alright, alright!" Ryeowook giggled, asking them to keep it down in case their teacher was to walk in any moment.

"So Sungmin, how's the element catching?" Kibum asked casually.

"Quite good. Plus, I only have 2 elements left to catch!" Sungmin stretched his arms wide.

"Which are?" Kibum raised an eyebrow.

"Earthy and Windy!" Sungmin said happily.

"WHAT?!" Kibum shouted, banging his table. The class went quiet. "Sorry.." Kibum whispered.

"What's wrong?" Sungmin looked at Kibum who seemed so frustrated.

"How could you still not have collected two of the four main cards?!" Kibum exclaimed.

Sungmin sighed. "Yesung said that too... But I can’t help it, can I? The elements choose when to make themselves appear for me!"

"I say you're just unlucky." Kibum snorted.

"I'm not unlu- okay, maybe, fine." Sungmin muttered.

"Admit your defeat!" Kibum snapped his fingers in victory, "Plus, I'm almost done with my elements." He made a face.

"You'd better hurry up, so that Yesung can restore his full self," Kibum said.

"W-What? Restore his full self?" Sungmin looked almost surprised. "I thought that he could already transform into his full self occasionally?"

"No, that's his middle form," Kibum said. Sighing at Sungmin's blank look, he continued, "The form he is in now, is known as the lowest form, meaning basically a plush toy. His middle form is the form that saved me from falling from that building last time. His full form transforms him into a human."

"A HUMAN!?" Sungmin jumped from his seat, almost pushing the table behind him to the wall.

Everyone turned to look at them once again, "Sorry..." Sungmin muttered before taking his seat.

"Why human?" Ryeowook asked.

"It's a long story, Ryeowook." Kibum and Sungmin both said in unison.

"Kibum, how do you know so much?" Sungmin asked.

"Well, I was raised in Youngwoon's father's side of the family, therefore I know all about the history of Youngwoon, Dalhyun and Yesung," Kibum said.

"Tell me the story! I really want to know!" Ryeowook whined.

Kibum and Sungmin sighed. "There once was a wizard called Kim Youngwoon..."

 

 

 

"And that's basically how all this happened," Sungmin ended.

"That is one cool story..." Ryeowook said, his mouth wide open.

"Yep," Sungmin said, getting himself some noodles. The story had gone on for so long that it was already recess.

"So what will happen when Yesung transforms into his human form?" Ryeowook eyes widened at the thought.

"His powers will become stronger.. I guess. But we'll only see that when Sungmin gets the Earthy element," Kibum said, glaring at Sungmin.

"Oh, as if it's my entire fault." Sungmin said, taking a few glances at Kibum's face, "Right, I'm unlucky."

"Bleah." Kibum stuck out his tongue.

Sungmin scoffed at him and they both continued to eat their meals, leaving Ryeowook at the side still wondering about the possibilities of what could happen.

 

 

 

"Ice cream?" Ryeowook, Kibum and Siwon echoed.

"Yep! I'll treat you guys ice cream if you guys wait for me to finish with the Jazz Club. Deal?" Sungmin said.

"Can I come too?" Sungmin heard a familiar voice.

"Kyuhyun?" Sungmin said, surprised.

Kyuhyun smiled gently as he rested his hand on Sungmin's shoulder, making him blush a little.

 

 

 

"Well, choose your ice cream guys," Sungmin said.

"Vanilla!" Ryeowook jumped in excitement.

"Eww!" Siwon made a face, "Mango flavour is the best!"

"No! I say it's mint!" Kibum rolled his eyes at them.

Kyuhyun smiled. "Chocolate for me, please," he said to Sungmin.

Sungmin's heart raced, he likes chocolate too...

Sungmin grinned, and walked up to the ice cream store man. "One vanilla, one mango, one mint and two chocolates, please," he said, taking out his wallet and giving the man the money.

"Hey guys, I don’t have that many hands so come get your own ice cream!" he shouted over to his three still bickering friends, and Kyuhyun.

“Oh sorry!” Siwon laughed loudly, taking his mango flavored ice cream as the rest took their ice creams from the cashier as well. Sungmin handed the cash to the cashier and walked off, his chocolate ice cream. He felt eyes on him as he took small bites off the scoop. Looking up, he saw Kyuhyun, his right hand holding the cone as he ate the ice cream daintily and his left hand in his pocket.

“Nice ice cream, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun smiled warmly at Sungmin, making his heart race once again.

"This shop's really good," Kibum commented, saving Sungmin from having to answer. The rest of the time while eating the ice cream was in silence, until Kyuhyun broke the silence. "Erm I'm going to go now, so... See you guys around!" he said before jogging off into the distance.

"Oh, bye..." Sungmin mumbled, but Kyuhyun was already too far to hear what Sungmin said.

Just then Sungmin felt a presence. "This is.." he whispered.

"An element?!" Kibum shouted

There were people around the area that shot them funny looks.

"Dammit," Kibum whispered as he turned his back to them and faced Sungmin. "It's an element, isn’t it!?"

Sungmin nodded. "And it must be an important one too. Look!" Sungmin said, pointing to the flying Yesung.

"Sungmin!" Yesung shouted. "The last elements; Windy and Earthy!"