Discovery

Element Captor

 

"Yesung, how am I supposed to prepare myself for this, journey." Sungmin twirled his pen in his fingers while sitting at his study desk. He pouted as usual, making his cuteness just irrisistable. "Jungsu hyung's still in school, and he won't be back till late at night, so it's alright to speak loudly now."

"Well, we need to give you some training on how to fight." Yesung sighed. "Which will be a torture cause I'll have to use alllll my magic power that I have now to turn this place into the void."

"The void? What's that supposed to be?"

"Well, it's a place where you can train, have all the elements in your staff, and fight summons. Apparently, I can only do that for a short period of time, as you have only Dusty in your staff -it comes with the staff-. So the more you collect, the longer we have."

Sungmin simply nodded blankly at Yesung who gave a deep sigh, he leaped to the floor, he raised a paw and the room seemed to glow.

Bright light shone into Sungmin's eyes, and he squeezed his eyes shut. Sungmin heard the sound of cicadas singing, and crickets playing their music, birds whistling their tunes. In shock, Sungmin opened his eyes and found himself immersed in a forest. The leaves made it look like it was autumn, shining gold, red and orange.

“Woahhh, it looks awesome here!” 

“Yes, it’s a forest, so obviously it would be nice,” Yesung answered nonchalantly.

"Wait, so there are summons in here?" Sungmin asked, puzzled as he didnt see any sign of destruction.

Yesung pointed a paw behind Sungmin. "There's one."

Sungmin spun around, and saw some monsters.

"The first thing you need to learn is to block." Yesung told Sungmin who was shaking at the very sight of some monsters coming closer and closer. "These are the miniature summons you'll come across everywhere, those that you need to defeat and destroy are the major ones. The miniature ones are called Element Drainers; they seem to drain the power right out of you if you let them linger around you for too long, so defeat them quick. The huge ones, yes I told you before, are called Element Summons; these are the big babies you have to permanently get rid of."

"H-h-h-how... How do I... Block them...?" Sungmin stuttered, trying to back away from them but he was surrounded. "QUICK!"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." Yesung let out a laugh as he walked away.

"Heyyyy!" He shouted. From the corner of his eye he could see one monster in the air. It lifted its long claws, about to scratch Sungmin. Out of instinct, he lifted his weapon and used it to block the claws of the vicious monster. As he opened his eyes, which he had closed tightly, he saw that all the monsters were gone.

"Well, I guess we could live with that type of block. Moving on; now we have to learn how to DESTROYYYYYY!" Yesung said excitedly, fighting an imaginary enemy.

“There are different ways of destroying them, aren’t there?" Sungmin panted from the mini heart attack he just had.

"Yes, that's right. You could defeat them normally, by using your staff, the stick you’re carrying. Or you can also choose to shoot elements out of that. Like when the monster's element is Fire, you defeat it with Water. Got it memorized?"

"I guess so..." Sungmin saw once again, a monster from the corner of his eye. It was burning red in colour, assuming it was fire Sungmin raised his staff and pointed the note at it. Water immediately rushed out and somewhat, 'extinguished' the monster such that it turned to ashes. "COOL!"

"Not so cool once you've encountered a summon." Yesung sniffed. "Here it comes now. Don't worry; it's just a fake tutorial one. It can't harm you."

It was ten feet tall and had armor, a huge summon whose element was Water and Ice; along with a little Earth. "Er, Yesung? This feels harder than I expected it to be."

"Don't worry... NOW!" Yesung yelled. Sungmin tried to dodge but got thrown into the air. "Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!" He landed on the ground and hit his elbow. He got up on his knees and touched his chubby, right cheek. There was blood. "Yah! Didn't you say it won't be able to hurt me!?"

"Something's wrong!" Yesung panicked, he went to Sungmin to see if he was alright, positioning himself in front of him so that he could protect him.

"Hey! You! Over here!" There was a boy standing on the other side, waving his arms frantically. Judging by his body, Sungmin assumed he was the same age. "Take this!" The boy threw a rock at the monster. It immediately turned its attention from the pathetic looking Sungmin who was whimpering to the boy. He grabbed a weapon from his back, a bow and an arrow, and shot at the monster an arrow covered with fire.

The monster fell and turned to ashes; Sungmin stood up, his legs still wobbly. He looked closely at the boy, "Who's that?" He strained his eyes. The boy didn't even look; he just walked away into the forest. "Hey, wait up!" He wanted to chase after the boy but Yesung lifted his paw to stop him. "You can only go this far..."

The place turned back into the stuffy little room, and Yesung went back to the little puppy he was 2 hours ago. "Heyy, wait a second." Sungmin looked at the wall clock above his bed. "It's still 4 o'clock! How long have we been in there?" He looked at Yesung, astonished.

"2 hours in there would be less than a second here. Time stops while we're in the void."

 

 

 

The school bell finally rang after a long 6 hours. He had been studying nonstop since 8 a.m.. He slowly walked out of the school gates by himself, Ryeowook was not in school today. Some familiar guy was walking around the streets. "K-K-Kyuhyun?" Sungmin turned around so that his backpack was facing Kyuhyun, he fixed his hair and wore a bright smile.

"Kyuhyun! Why're you here?" Sungmin said, trying to put on a cute accent.

"Oh, I just wanted to let you know that Jungsu's already at home. You might wanna rush home now to cook him something." Kyuhyun leant down so his lips were near Sungmin's ears. It made his heart flutter, his face turned burning red. "He's... Sick. You see?" Kyuhyun giggled and walked away.

"Oh no... I better get back now!" Sungmin started sprinting towards his house, he stops at an alley. "I think I better take the shortcut." Sungmin ran into the alley and he saw something he just didn't want to see at this time. "Oh great, it's you guys..." He looked at the few  Drainers looking at him like they were about to swallow him. "You just have to appear at this time..." Sungmin's staff appeared in his hand. "Come on, Stella. We'll defeat these guys."

Sungmin swiped his staff at them and started kicking them, he had fun though. "Phew..." He took a deep breath as he saw the ash on the floor disappear into the ground. "You guys shouldn't mess with me. Alright, better get back home now!"

Just as he was about to take another step, a huge armoured monster appeared in front of him. "An Element Summon?! NOW!? You have... Got to be kidding me. Yesung, where are you when I need you?"

Sungmin raised Stella, the name he gave his staff, and pointed it at the summon. "You may be the first, but I'll definitely destroy you." He jumped and hit its head, and kicked it. "Hah! Take tha-" Sungmin saw the same guy again, this time closer. "You again?"The boy jumped and shot the summon from behind, causing it to fall. It tirned to ashes and an orb could be seen on the floor. Sungmin went to pick it up. The note on his staff seemed to absorb it.

"Who are you? Well, thanks for helping. What's your name?" Sungmin bounced up and down, "I'm Sungmin! And you are...?"

The boy walked away, "We'll see..."

 

 

"Hey! Aren't you sick?!" Sungmin stood in front of Jungsu who was happily munching on chips, his homework laid untouched on the table.

"Take it easy~! I just asked Kyu to trick you on purpose. Hah! You actually believed him?" Jungsu laughed.

"Right... You guys were just kidding... No wonder he was laughing." Sungmin made his way to his room and slammed the door.

"What happened?" Yesung was lying on Sungmin's study desk. "I defeated a summon and got an element I guess... I just don't know what."

"Hey, remember that you only have all the elements in the void. You only had dust in the real world, so you just got a new one. Lemme see."

"Stella, let Yesung take a look at you." He pouted. "Stella!? You gave this wretched thing A NAME?" "Yeah, why not?"

"Hmmm..." Yesung examined the staff, known as Stella. "Water."

 

------------------------------------------------

(A/N: Heyyyyyy, to the people who normally comment on my chapters. My beloved readers, WHERE ARE YOU.) 

Comments make the authors and co-authors happy :DDD 

SO PLEASE COMMENT! MORE COMMENTS, FASTER UPDATES !