The Past

Element Captor

 

"What do you mean I am the one with the great power of... The magic?" Sungmin stood rooted to the ground, still blinking at Yesung. "Are you saying I have magic?"

"Well, you know the meaning of magic! So you're supposed to be the one to help me now!" Yesung waved his paw in a round and the cover of the book magically flipped itself open, flipping to the first page. "Blank?" Yesung muttered to himself. "Blank, blank, blank, blank... BLANKKKKKKKKK."     

Sungmin grabbed the book and flipped it open, “WHERE DID THEY GO!?” He shrieked.

"They probably got scattered around the country. And that's your fault, by the way," Yesung said, studying his paws.

"Now what…?"

"You have to collect them all."

"WHAT?! But why me?" Sungmin asked, settling himself down on the floor.

"Well," Yesung started. "Because you're the one that unleashed the elements, duh. Also because you have magic. It's not really strong, but it's good enough."

"I'M SO INNOCENT!" Sungmin jumped up from his current position. "Why me! WHY ME! Why not Jung-"

"What's all that noise!?" Sungmin heard footsteps.

"Oh no... Yesung hide!" He whispered loudly. However he was already gone, so was the book. He looked around.

"Who were you talking to?"

"ERM, no one in particular! No one..." Sungmin held his hands behind his back, nervously playing with his fingers.

"I swear I heard you talking. Must be talking to yourself again, hah!" Jungsu laughed and went back to his stern look again. "Anyways, quick get that recipe book. I'm starving!" With that, Jungsu left the basement. Slamming the door so hard that the lamp shook.

"Yesung! Where are you?" Sungmin whispered loudly once again, trying his best to not let his brother hear them.

He suddenly appeared in front of Sungmin with another book, "I think this is the one you want..." He handed a recipe book to Sungmin. "I'll teleport myself to your room, and explain to you more about this tonight. You better go cook dinner!"

"Thanks..."

 

 

After finishing his dinner in a hurry, he immediately did the dishes and ran upstairs to his cozy bedroom; Only, there was a new 'roomate'. "Yesung!" The little dog was bouncing up and down on Sungmin's spring mattress. "What are you doing!?" 

 "Hmm? Oh, sorry! I just thought it was fun and... SO COMFORTABLE!"

 Sungmin threw himself on his bed and rested his chin on his hands. "So, tell me more about this whole thing."

Yesung cleared his throat. "Well, it began like this."

"I was training as a wizard, under a powerful wizard, Kangin. There was another apprentice, other than me. He was called Dalhyun. Now, Dalhyun was a handsome young man, but not as handsome as I was. Dalhyun had violet hair, and claimed to be born with it, but who would believe that? Anyway, as I said, he was handsome, but he had a heart as cold as ice, and as dark as night. He would only be kind to those he was close to, being myself, and Kangin. I, according to him, was his one and only friend. We would often friendly challenge each other to duels, to see who was stronger.  And to be honest- I think Dalhyun's power was just a tiny tinsy bit stronger than mine, but just a little.”

Yesung took a deep breath, and continued.

"We were supposed to take a test, challenging each other to see who would be the final Guardian of Elements. We lived a happy life, using the elements that we control, but of course, the grief we had for our master, Kangin was still there. We were immortal thanks to the spell, anyway. But one day, Dalhyun suddenly wanted more power, and wanted to take the elements that I controlled for himself. He cast a spell on me, causing me to vanish onto the book that I was on, but not before I set a curse on him- for him to vanish from existence until the time came when we need to appoint a new master."

Yesung looked at Sungmin.

Sungmin looked around the room, and pointed at himself. "Me?"

"Well, I don't see anyone else here."

"Seriously? Me? So I'm like, supposed to fight some things? But I only know martial arts. Would that be alright?"

"YOU DON’T FIGHT THESE WITH SKILLS." Yesung sighed.

Sungmin was shocked and confused at the same time, "B-but.. I don't know how to do anything! I don't even know anything about these... Elements!"

"You'll need this staff," Yesung said, conjuring up a musical note, light blue in colour, with a tint of pink. "Musical note of the elements, there is a boy who wants your aid in fighting the elemental summons. His name is Sungmin." As Yesung said that, a round ball of pink started forming around the treble clef, and it grew larger and larger, as did the treble clef. "YAH SUNGMIN, GRAB IT!" Sungmin shielded his eyes away from the wind, and grabbed the treble clef.

“There! From now on, you’re an Element Captor.”