Light and Dark Part 1

Element Captor

 

"I've been so tired lately..." Kyuhyun muttered to himself, stumbling into his house before collapsing on the floor. Reaching out for a bottle of wine, he tore the cork off and drained it's contents in a few minutes.

"And I'm starting to not remember things." he mumbled blearily. He started reaching out for another bottle of wine when he let out a strangled cry.

His hand had suddenly turned very pale, and his fingernails grew to twice its length. A blue rope grew from his wrist. Staring at his hand in horror, he scrambled to the wall, before his hand turned back to normal.

The fear and sadness had been too much for him, and his hand falling limply to his side, he fell asleep.

 

 

 

"Hey Kyuhyun!" Kyuhyun heard a voice coming from his left shoulder as he looked over it.

"Oh, Jungsu." He smiled slightly, before putting his hands into his pocket and continuing to walk.

"What's up with the attitude?" Jungsu said cheerfully.

"Nah, it's nothing..." Kyuhyun looked away, "I just... Haven't been getting enough sleep lately."

"Really?" Jungsu said, sounding more concerned now.

"Yeah, it's nothing. Just a bit more rest and I'll be fine!" Kyuhyun said, trying to sound more energetic.

"Yeah, right. You? More rest? Look at the amount of projects you have!" Jungsu flailed his arms in the air.

"It's fine." Kyuhyun said shortly. "You've always managed to brush past your projects anyway, and I’m smarter."

"Fine, I admit it. But just a tinsy bit." Jungsu made a gesture with his fingers and giggled.

Kyuhyun brushed past Jungsu, and continued walking towards the classroom.

"Jeepers, he's as cold as ice!" Jungsu muttered.

 

 

 

"Well, Kyuhyun's good looking," Siwon remarked, as he, Kibum, Ryeowook and Sungmin walked to their classroom.

Sungmin turned around excitedly. "I know right!!" he gushed. "He's like, the cutest, most awesomest, hottest guy on the planet!" he squealed.

"I'm sorry, but that's a rather weird way to pronounce Jungsu," Kibum said indignantly.

"Yah, Lee Sungmin! Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" Ryeowook shouted, before the four friends burst into laughter.

Their conversation was interrupted by a group of fangirls making a beeline towards Sungmin. "Sungmin oppa!" they said worriedly.

Sungmin looked at them. "What's the matter?" he said, a stone of dread in his stomach.

"We heard that Kyuhyun has fainted, and Jungsu oppa asked us to tell you," the chorused.

Sungmin felt his heart drop, as his hand started to shake, "H-He... F-F-Fainted?"

The fangirls nodded. "That's what we were told to tell you..." they said nervously, casting admiring glances at Sungmin from time to time.

Sungmin looked around; he had never felt this worried before.

The school bell rang, and the group of fangirls made their way to their classes, while Kibum, Ryeowook and Siwon looked at Sungmin worriedly.

"Sungmin... You, alright?" Ryeowook slowly landed a hand on Sungmin's shoulder.

"Y-Yeah..." He stuttered. "Hey wait!" he shouted to the girls. "Where's Kyuhyun and Jungsu now?" he asked.

The girls lifted their heads, clearly surprised by Sungmin's sudden question.

"W-Well, the last we saw Jungsu was at the basketball court in their school. We were looking at them when Kyuhyun oppa suddenly fainted."

"Thanks!" Sungmin waved and gave them a huge bow before running off to the basketball court in Kyuhyun's school.

"Yah, Sungmin! What about class?" Kibum shouted.

"Nevermind that!" Sungmin yelled.

"Love makes people do weird things.." Kibum sighed.

 

 

 

Sungmin sighed, as he sat down next to Ryeowook in the canteen.

"Dude! Where have you been?" Kibum cried.

"Making sure Kyuhyun was okay," Sungmin said, stealing Kibum's drink.

"Heyyy~ That's mine!" Kibum frowned, looking at Sungmin as gulped everything down.

Sungmin sighed, and fished a coin out from his pocket and tossed it to Kibum.

Kibum held up the coin. "Thanks. I'm gonna frame this and title it : The Coin That Once Belonged To Lee Sungmin Of Angel Beats!" he joked.

Sungmin shrugged and placed the can on the table.

"Erm," Ryeowook started, "Is Kyuhyun alright?"

"He's fine, I guess," Sungmin said, sounding disgruntled. "But Jungsu scolded me and told me to go back to school," he grumbled.

“I see. That’s good to hear…” Ryeowook and Kibum nodded.

Sungmin looked around. "Where's Siwon? I just realised he's missing."

“Oh, about that.” Both Kibum and Ryeowook started giggling, “He forgot to do his History homework so Mrs Park made him stay in class to finish it.”

"How'd he forget?" Sungmin exclaimed. "Isnt he like. A nerd?"

"I CAN HEAR YOU."

They heard a voice from afar, it was Siwon pouting.

"Oh, Siwon!"

"I am not a nerd!!" he said sadly.

"Alright, alright." Sungmin raised his hands, "I'm sorry, Siwon.."

Siwon smiled and came to join the group.

"Finished your homework?" Sungmin asked casually.

Siwon sighed. "I hate Mrs Park."

Ryeowook hushed him, "You better keep your volume low. There are loads of Mrs Park pets here.."

Siwon looked around and saw a few people looking at him suspiciously. He sighed. "I guess..." he muttered.

Then the lights went off. It was in the afternoon, yet it was pitch black.

"Erm, guys?" Siwon stretched his hands out, hoping to be able to feel one of his friends. He never liked the dark. Never.

"Hey, hey, hey! That's my face." Siwon could hear Kibum's voice clearly.

"Oh my, Kibum!!" He nearly squealed, at least he knew Kibum was there and that he'd be safe.

Then he realized that no one was screaming. "Kibum!! I'm scared!!" Siwon wailed.

"G-g-guys..?" Sungmin said in a high pitched trembly voice. "I-I'm scared!" he shouted, and broke down crying.

"Sungmin, don't cry!!" They could hear Ryeowook start to sniff as well.

"Oh, here we go..." Kibum sighed. "Guys!"

Kibum plunged his hand into his pocket and began rummaging in it, and brought out a tailsman. "Gods of the East.. Fire!" he yelled, and the tailsman burst into flames which he held.

They could finally see each other, and Sungmin's face which was drenched in tears.

"Ryeowook! Kibum! Siwon!" He cried out, and rushed to them.

"Sungmin, relax!" Kibum comforted him.

When Kibum's hand reached out for Sungmin's, the fire went off.

"OH MY GOSH! PUT IT BACK ON! PUT IT BACK ON!" Sungmin yelled, and he started to cry again.

Kibum tried to start another fire, but it just couldn’t light up. Every single talisman in his pocket turned into ashes when he tried to summon the fire.

"Why..." Kibum thought, then he raised his head, "Dark."

"What?" Sungmin asked, his voice shrill again.

"The element doing this.." Kibum explained, "It's Dark! It has to be. I can sense it! Try an element, Sungmin," Kibum urged. "If your element works, means we really are trapped by Dark.

"Erm.. Alright." Sungmin scratched his head, then grabbed Stella out of his pocket.

Sungmin nodded, and reached into his shirt to take Stella out, which was on a necklace chain. "Summon!" he said, confidence level lower than usual. "Fire!" Sungmin shouted, when Stella grew to her staff form.

Immediately, a fire started in front of them, and they could visualize each other again.

"So, it really is Dark." Kibum nodded.

"And what do I do..?" Sungmin asked.

"Well?" Kibum raised an eyebrow, "We try and defeat this thing, of course!"

"Oi! You punks!" the group of 4 heard a familiar voice, and Yesung came flying in. "I felt Sungmin in trouble so I came to help! It's Dark, isn’t it?" He asked.

"Glad you figured it out." Kibum said sarcastically as Sungmin gave a giggle.

Yesung groaned, "Fine, I'm sorry. I was just taking a nap. You know how much I love sleep don't you." He looked around, "You don't? Fine, got it memorized?"

All four friends nodded, just to humor Yesung.

"Enough of joking." Yesung straightened his back, "We need to think of a way to get rid of Dark!" He clasped his paws together.

"Shouldn’t you already know this, Yesung?" Sungmin asked suspiciously.

"W-W-Well, of course I k-know!" He laughed nervously, "I-I just want you guys to work together and think of ways we can d-defeat D-Dark!"

"Are you sure?" Sungmin raised an eyebrow in even more suspicion.

"I-I-I... Fine, I have no idea how to get rid of Dark." Yesung hung his head low.

"B-But, why? You should know, Yesung! Aren't you a guardian?" Kibum shrieked, and so did Siwon, he didn't want to be trapped in darkness forever.

"Well," Yesung defended himself. "I'm the Sun side, so you can't blame me for not knowing how to use Moon's magic!"

"Then who is on the Moon side?" Kibum yelled, which made Siwon and Ryeowook jump. Yesung and Sungmin were silent, not speaking a word. They looked at each other, exchanging nervous glances.

"Anyway," Yesung said, voice unnaturally high. "We need to find a way to stop Dark."

"Yes, of course!" Sungmin immediately continued.

"Yea, and to find out how, we need to know the 'Moon' secrets!" Kibum said, staring at Yesung.

Yesung stared at him with defiant eyes, before sighing. "Dalhyun," he said, in a small whisper.

"Dalhyun?" Kibum echoed. "Who's that?"

Yesung took a deep breath, and launched into the story he told Sungmin seemingly a year ago, in his bedroom.

"Woah..." Siwon nodded, "So, you have no idea where he is now?"

Yesung shook his head. "Nope. But I have a feeling he'll turn up soon." Seeing the blank looks on the rest faces, he explained "You see, he will come back when it's time to choose a new master! And I already have one up and training." He looked at Sungmin.

Sungmin let his head down and Kibum patted his shoulder, "Good luck, bro!"

Sungmin felt his cheeks burning, and lifted his head. "Let's continue on the search, shall we?"

“What elements have you tried?” Yesung asked.

“Well, so far I’ve only used Firey to light the canteen up a little.” Sungmin explained.

“Hmm, how about we try everything you’ve got kiddo.” Yesung nodded his head, “Yeah, that’s a good idea. If none of the elements work, then I really don’t know what we should do anymore.”

Sungmin nodded enthusiastically. "Let's start then!" he said, grabbing Stella.

 

 

 

"NONE WORKS!" Sungmin yelled, frustrated.

“This can’t be!” Yesung landed on the table with a thump, “There has to be something that works!”

"STUPID STUPID DARK!" Sungmin yelled, close to tears. Then everything became bright again.

Everybody widened their eyes, "What?" Ryeowook whispered.

"It's bright again!" Siwon raised his arms.

"But how?" Sungmin whispered, tears of relief cascading down his cheeks.

Everyone in the canteen began staring at the four of them, and was whispering behind their hands to their friends.

"Sungmin oppa's crying?"

"I knew there was something between him and Kyuhyun!"

Sungmin quickly dried the tears with the back of his hands.

"Kyuhyun!" He said, remembering that he was unconscious in the hospital. Getting ready to dash off to the hospital again, Yesung stopped him.

"Sungmin, wait. We have something more important." Yesung said seriously.

"What?!" Sungmin shouted, irritated.

"You need to find Light."

"But why?" Sungmin whined, looking longingly at the exit of the canteen. He wanted to see Kyuhyun badly.

"Because, if you don’t find Light within a week, Dark will take over again. And not only the five of us- But the entire world."