Too Much Sleep?

Element Captor
HEY, sorry for taking long to upload. Hope you like this chapter, and remember to check out my other fanfic, Visions&Voices as well! Thank you! 

 
 
"Hey guys!" Jungsu and Sungmin greeted as they walked into the studio. Immediately Heechul hushed them and pointed at Kyuhyun's sleeping figure.

"W-What.." Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun, who had his face hidden in his arms, it was unlike Kyuhyun to sleep during a meeting.

"The moment he came in he sat down and fell asleep," Heechul whispered.

Henry started wide-eyed in worry at Sungmin and Jungsu. "He might be terribly sick. Remember he fainted?" he said.

Sungmin sighed, and recalled that day, "It's alright. Maybe he needs some rest."

"He's been sleeping for an hour," Heechul informed him.

"An h-hour?" Henry opened his mouth, forming an 'o' shape.

"Didnt you notice the taste of the cake? It was totally stale," Heechul said, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

In their discussion, all of the members forgot to keep their voice down and accidently woke Kyuhyun up.

"Oh! Sorry! Did we wake you up?" Sungmin immediately rushed to Kyuhyun, patting his shoulder.

"It's fine," Kyuhyun smiled looking tired. "I'm sorry for delaying the practice, shall we start?"

"Yeah, sure." Everyone nodded.

"Oh, by the way, I got a keytar," Kyuhyun said happily. Running to his new keytar case, he took out his keytar and showed it off proudly.

Everybody stared in wonder at his new instrument, "A keytar?" Henry wondered.

"A mix between a keyboard and a guitar," Kyuhyun explained.

"Oh, that's cool!" Henry jumped, as the rest of them sighed.

"Anyway, we can start playing more hyped up songs now that I have this bad boy," Kyuhyun grinned.

The others grabbed their instruments and got into their positions.

"Which song should we start with?" Jungsu said from the back.

"Hmm... Tokyo?" Kyuhyun suggested.

The rest nodded. Tokyo House Party was a good song to warm up with. It was simple, yet tough.

At the sound of Jungsu's signal, Heechul started to play the bass, followed by Jungsu's drumming.

Kyuhyun tapped his feet on the floor and started singing his first lines.

"Cause I know that this will never work out

So it shouldn’t even start

Cause I’m just a kid at heart

And you know that it’s such a waste

Cause I hate that bitter taste

And your bittersweet embrace" Kyuhyun sang. Counting in the beats, Sungmin started to play.

"I feel this has gone to my head

もうこれ以上飲めせん。(Mou kore ijou nome masen)

I’ll never drink again" Kyuhyun sang.

"Twisting and turning like the strands of your hair, there's smoke in the air but baby I don't care" Sungmin joined in.

"There’s smoke in the air

But baby I don’t care

Cause I don’t know what you came here for

Rising through the clouds into light

That’s from the stars; now you fall... Kyuhyun?" Sungmin stopped when he realised that Kyuhyun was no longer singing with him.

Everybody realized as well, they stopped their playing and Jungsu got up from his seat.

"Oi, Cho Kyuhyun! Stop sleeping!" Jungsu said, poking at Kyuhyun's slumped figure on the floor. Suddenly Jungsu gasped.

"What?" Henry asked, eyes big.

"N-nothing.." Jungsu said, his voice slightly higher pitched.

"Is he alright?" Sungmin was worried, /why is Kyuhyun being like that?/

Jungsu cleared his throat. "He's fine, dont worry." He then brought Kyuhyun up to his feet and helped him to the table.

"Let's just let him rest till he's feeling better."

"Alright then. Henry, you can play the keyboard right?" Heechul said.

Henry nodded. "A little..." he said.

"Okay, good enough. Can you play Kyuhyun's notes in Tokyo? It's not that hard." When Henry nodded, Heechul continued "Sungmin, you'll sing, I'll sing with you. I cant sing that well, but it cant be helped."

"Why not we wait for Kyuhyun to wake up?" Sungmin argued.

"We need to practice!" Heechul argued back.

"Don't worry, Sungmin. Kyuhyun wrote this, he won't be any worser than we are. We'll practice for him, alright?" Jungsu gave Sungmin an encouraging smile.

Sungmin lowered his gaze. "I suppose..." he muttered.

"Good." Heechul snorted, "Now lets get started."

As the band started playing, Sungmin couldnt help but sneak a look at Kyuhyun every now and then. Not as if he couldnt look up from his fret board, he had practiced this song about a thousand times, but he didnt want Heechul scolding him for not paying attention.

 

 

 

"I think that's all for today, right guys?" Heechul stretched a little.

"Yeah, I'm kinda' exhausted." Henry nodded.

Sungmin and Jungsu exchanged glances, and they both sighed. "Right guys, I guess we could practice again some other day."

"Kyuhyun's still not awake?" Sungmin asked. They all looked over to the table. Kyuhyun's head was still rested on his arms, snoring slightly. "I guess not.." Sungmin muttered.

"There's something wrong with him!" Heechul declared. "It's practically impossible for someone to sleep through rock music!"

As Heechul was planning to stomp right towards Kyuhyun and shake him till he was awake, Jungsu immediately dashed towards him, "No, I'm sure he's just very tired. I mean, he /did/ faint the other day."

Heechul sighed. "I guess that's true.." he muttered.

"I think you all should really get going already. I mean, it's getting late." Jungsu looked at his watch. 6.15 p.m..

"Come on, Kyuhyun, wake up," Henry said, walking over to Kyuhyun and shaking him by the shoulder.

Kyuhyun groaned, and lifted his head sleepily. "What happened?"

"You fell asleep. Through out the whole practice session!" Heechul exclaimed.

Kyuhyun blinked blankly at Heechul. "The session is over?"

"Obviously, you lazy head!" Heechul grunted.

Sungmin sighed in relief, and shot a glance at Jungsu. Jungsu's face contracted in worry and discomfort.

"What songs did you guys play?" Kyuhyun asked sleepily.

"We played Wall, Giga and Sentimental. The three loudest songs in all of our songs and you still managed to sleep!" Heechul said, waving his arms wildly in the air.

Kyuhyun ran his hands through his hair and blinked hardly, "I'm sorry, guys..."

"It's fine. Just sleep earlier next time alright?" Heechul, his tone becoming gentler.

"Right, next session, same place, same time, same day. Alright with everyone?" Jungsu confirmed.

They all nodded their heads, and left for home.

 

 

 

 

"What do you think is wrong with Kyuhyun?" Sungmin asked Jungsu as they walked home from the bus stop.

"I don't know..." Jungsu scratched his head, and gave a deep sigh.

"Why did you gasp earlier, by the way?" Sungmin asked, curious.

"Uh, nothing," Jungsu said, clearly nervous.

"Don't lie to me, Jungsu." Sungmin said firmly, "There must've been something!"

"It's something I can’t say even if I wanted to, Sungmin." Jungsu said seriously.

Sungmin seemed taken aback, and then he frowned, "Alright then."

Turning around, he sprinted back to their apartment, leaving Jungsu behind sighing.

 

 

 

 

"Hey, Sungmin.." He heard someone knocking on the door.

"Leave me alone!" Sungmin gave a long whine.

"Dinner's ready." Sungmin bolted up as he realised it was his dad talking.

Sungmin walked towards the door and unlocked it. Looking up, he saw his father smiling gently at him.

"Sorry, dad...” Sungmin hung his head, as he walked towards the dining table.

"Wait, Sungmin. Come, talk to me," his father invited.

Sungmin turned his head to see his father walking beside him, down the stairs.

"What's wrong Sungmin?" his father asked.

"I'm... I'm worried about Kyuhyun." Sungmin muttered.

Sungmin expected his father to give the longest lecture ever, explaining that he should really just forget about Kyuhyun, but his father gave him a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure Kyuhyun's alright, Sungmin." Sungmin's father squeezed his shoulder a bit.

“But he's been fainting and falling asleep during the weirdest moments!" Sungmin exclaimed.

"Sungmin, everything has a reason. Maybe he's just too tired with work recently. Just give him some time to rest and be alone."

"Alright dad," Sungmin said, looking at the floor.

Sungmin's father patted him on the shoulder. "Come on, let's eat. It's your favourite, Mac and Cheese." his father grinned, and led him to the table. His father spooned a huge helping onto Sungmin's plate, and smiled gently. Sungmin looked at his plate, melted cheese was oozing everywhere.

Sungmin pushed the plate away from him.

"I'm not hungry."

 

 

 

 

 

"Erm, Yesung...?" Sungmin mumbled, hugging his pillow while lying on the bed, "I think there's something weird about Kyuhyun recently."

"Why's that?" Yesung asked, abandoning his 'bed' in a drawer that Sungmin let him make into his house.

"W-Well... He's just been sleeping a lot these days. Something's just very fishy here." Sungmin pounded his fist on the bed.

"Maybe he had a recent loss of blood?" Yesung suggested.

"But how would that cause him to sleep so much?" Sungmin bolted up.

"Loss of iron and what not." Yesung frowned in thought. "Or it might just be the fact that something's wrong with his body."

"That's it!" Sungmin snapped his fingers, "Apparently I saw Jungsu gasp when he saw Kyuhyun's face I think.. But he won't tell me why."

"Hmmm." Yesung hummed. "I know. What about I meet him one day? I might be able to know what's wrong. Meanwhile, concentrate on your elements please." Yesung said.

"What're you talking about? I just caught one today!" Sungmin argued, waving Stella around. "And I only have a few left anyway."

"Young man!" Yesung made a 'tsk' sound, "How could you neglect the other elements just because you've only a few left!"

"Come on! I only have like, 3 to 4 left or something!"

"3 to 4 elements can make a huge difference!" Yesung snapped.

"How?" Sungmin muttered.

"Considering you still have 2 main elements, Windy and Earthy to collect, you're really far behind!" Yesung scolded.

Sungmin pouted and threw his pillow in the air, letting it fall on his face.

"Just leave me alone."

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey guys..." Sungmin muttered as he walked towards his friends. Settling himself into his seat, he noticed that everyone's eyes were on him. "What..?" he asked.

"You have some weird black-dark-emo aura around you, Sungmin," Siwon said.

"What are you talking about?" Sungmin folded his arm, as he asked Siwon, irritated.

"It was his nice way of saying, 'Sungmin, you look upset'," Kibum said, not looking up from his book.

"I guess you are right then, Siwon," Sungmin said. "I am sort of upset."

"So, what happened?" Ryeowook asked, obviously very concerned.

"Just some stuff about Kyuhyun," Sungmin said. "I'm really worried about how he's been really sleepy recently."

"I'm sure it's fine," Ryeowook said. "Kyuhyun can last through it. See, he's walking here now!"

Sungmin immediately lifted his head, and turned around to see Kyuhyun walking towards him.

"Kyuhyun? What're you doing here?" Sungmin asked, surprised.

Kyuhyun blinked. "But isnt this my school?"

"It's next door, Kyuhyun.." Sungmin said.

"O-Oh.." Kyuhyun scratched the back of his head, "My bad.. Heh."

"What's wrong Kyuhyun-sshi?" Ryeowook asked.

"I-I don't know.. I guess I was just too tired that I forgot my way to my own school, hah!" Kyuhyun gave a nervous laughter, "I guess I'll be on my way then, see you guys next time!"

Everybody looked as Kyuhyun turned around slowly and started walking out the gate.

"See, I told you something was wrong with him," Sungmin muttered.

"How could anyone forget where his school is..." Siwon mumbled under his breath. Sungmin gave a deep sigh as an answer.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hello? Anyone home?" Sungmin heard Kyuhyun's voice shout from outside the house.

He rushed out of his room frantically and got the door before his dad did, "What are you doing here, Kyuhyun?"

"Jungsu called me over for dinner again!" Kyuhyun said with a smile.

"He did?" Sungmin raised his eyebrows, turned around and shot a look at Jungsu

Jungsu nodded and smirked. "Come on in, Kyu."

Sungmin only blinked as he watched Kyuhyun join Jungsu in the living room, he then locked the main door and walked towards them.

Just then, Sungmin heard a loud thump, followed by a small squeal coming from his room. Jungsu and Kyuhyun stared at him, evidently having heard the sound too. Sungmin grinned sheepishly and ran towards his room.

Sungmin ran up to find Yesung hiding underneath all the pillows on his bed, shivering badly.

"Y-Yesung? What's wrong?" Sungmin stuttered, he hasn't seen Yesung acting this way before.

"I sense something evil.." Yesung shivered.

"Something, evil?" Sungmin wondered, "Why.."

"It's just a sense.. My magic is getting stronger as you collect more elements, much like your magic." Yesung said.

"Woah now that's something I didn't know." Sungmin laughed, "But why would you just /suddenly/ sense something evil?"

"I dont know, did something recently enter the house?" Yesung questioned.

Sungmin froze. Just entered the house..? Nah, it's impossible.

"The only person that recently entered the house would be Kyuhyun, but why would he release evil energy?"

Yesung looked up at Sungmin's confused face, "How can you be so sure about it."

"Cause... I dont know. Anyway, it can’t be Kyuhyun, so this conversation is terminated." Sungmin said, before dashing out of the door, not giving Yesung a chance to reply.

"What was that all about?" A concerned Kyuhyun asked, "Nothing happened right?"

"Nah, it was fine. Some of my books just fell on my squeaky toy heh heh..." Sungmin said.

"Oh, I see." Kyuhyun nodded his head slowly.

"Where did you get that toy from anyway," Jungsu said suspiciously.

"What?" Sungmin was shocked, "Oh. Erm, it was a birthday present... From Ryeowook!"

"Hmmm..." Jungsu hummed, still looking suspicious.

Just then, Sungmin felt something weird. This presence..

"I need to go do something!" Sungmin shouted, dashing out of the door. "See you guys later!"

 

 

 

 

"Ahh... I'm exhausted..." Sungmin sighed as he fell onto his bed.

"Well, I don’t blame you, Dash is one tough cookie to catch," Yesung said, sitting next to Sungmin.

"When will all this end...” Sungmin mumbled, feeling a little ashamed of asking Yesung such a question.

"Sungmin-ah. Are you sick of collecting elements?" Yesung asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, are you sick of being an Element Captor?"