The End of the Beginning

Element Captor

"Sungmin!" Yesung shouted. "The last elements; Windy and Earthy!"

"What?" Sungmin exclaimed, jumping in excitement. "That's wonderful!"

"Yes!" Yesung did a semi-somersault in the air, "Now, you'd better get going!"

"Where are they though?" Sungmin asked.

"Right." Sungmin said, turning to Kibum. "Got your compass Kibum?"

Kibum nodded violently after finishing the last bit of his cone, "Right here!" He stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a copper compass.

Kibum handed it to Sungmin, as Sungmin looked at him expectantly. "What...?" Kibum asked.

"Uh, nothing. Except that I have absolutely no idea how to use this?" Sungmin muttered.

Kibum looked at him dumbfounded, "You don't know how to use a compass?" He scoffed, snatching it back.

"But it's magical isn’t it?" Sungmin shot back.

"What are you uttering about, it works exactly like a normal compass!"

"Does it?" Sungmin said. "Wont it be very confusing then, if there's a lot of elements about?”

"It only detects those elements that are active, Sungmin," Kibum said.

"Oh, right." Sungmin lowered his head in embarrassment.

Sungmin took a glance at the compass. "Right, just keep walking straight, we're on the right path," Kibum said peering over Sungmin's shoulder.

"Alright," Sungmin walked straight ahead, with the others following behind.

After finding an empty corner of the road, Sungmin quickly used Stella to summon Fly.

Fly emerged from Stella, as Sungmin led the others to mount Fly.

Rising up into the air, Kibum directed Sungmin to where the compass was pointing to.

After what felt like 4 minutes, they finally settled down in an open field.

"Sungmin there!" Yesung shouted, his paw pointing to an elf dressed in yellow floating in the sky.

Sungmin squinted at the elf, then sped towards her.

"DUSTY!" Sungmin yelled as the brown elf came out of Stella.

"SUNGMIN NO!" Yesung and Kibum screamed in unison.

"Wha-?" Sungmin tried to turn his head around to ask why they shouted but it was too late. Everything suddenly became foggy and there was a huge burst of wind blowing in their direction.

They tried to open their eyes, but they couldn't see anything.

Stella glowed red and then shrank back to its original form. "What?" Sungmin whispered.

"What were you thinking, lad!?" Yesung shouted from the back.

"I'm used to using Dusty so..." Sungmin whimpered.

"Yes but well, you made Windy angry now! Think, what should you use to defeat wind?"

"How about using Sleep then?" Sungmin shouted.

"Now how will Sleep do anything!?" Yesung cried.

"It can make Windy sleep?" Sungmin suggested.

"You've got a point." Yesung sighed, squinting through the mist. "You'd better do it fast then!"

"Leave it to me!" Sungmin yelled, dragging Stella in front of him. "SLEEP!"

The little girl dress in pajamas emerged from the tip of Stella yawning. Floating towards the center of the dust storm, Sungmin lost track of the girl until the dust settled. In the middle of the field, he saw Windy sleeping on the floor with Sleep bowing to Sungmin. Smiling, Sungmin held forward Stella.

"Return to the form you were meant to be, ELEMENTAL ORB!" he shouted.

"Phew, that was tiring.." Sungmin landed Fly on the ground, and wiped the sweat of his forehead, giggling as he saw Yesung roll his eyes.

"Wait... I don't think it's over." Kibum looked around suspiciously.

As the words left his mouth, the ground started shaking terribly.

"I knew it!" Kibum shouted. "EARTHY!"

"But h-" Sungmin's words were cut off as the ground he stood on started to rise. He could see Siwon and Ryeowook getting further and further.

"Woah, woah!" Kibum cried, "Hel-"

Sungmin caught Kibum's hand, he was hanging off the edge.

"I've got you!"

"What about Siwon and Ryeowook?!" Kibum screeched.

Sungmin quickly pulled Kibum up to safety and looked off the edge, trying to spot Siwon and Ryeowook. "Wookie!! Wonnie!" Sungmin shouted.

"SUNGMIN!" Sungmin heard Ryeowook's voice and turned to the sound. Spotting Ryeowook's hand, he ran towards it, before it disappeared. When he ran to the spot where it was previously, there was nothing at all.

"Where? Ryeowook?" Sungmin whispered.

"I think..." Yesung said, hesitating. "I think he and Siwon are underground."

“Underground?!" Sungmin yelled, looking at Yesung and Kibum worriedly. "We have to save them!"

"Erm, Sungmin.. I think there's something else you need to do before that." Kibum gulped, pointing at a distance.

Sungmin turned around to see a gigantic rock monster walking towards him and Kibum.

"W-What in the world is that!?" Sungmin cried out. The monster was made out of completely rock, with some moss and vines running down its body. He had a square upper body, with rectangle legs and arms, it's arms reaching down to its feet. It's nose was a long rectangle, and his eyes glowed red.

"Earthy." Yesung furrowed his brows.

Sungmin tightened his grip around Stella, as the monster started running towards them. "Y-Yesung...? HELP!"

"Sungmin! Use Fly!" Yesung shouted.

Sungmin ran towards Fly and mounted it. "Let's go, Fly!" he shouted, as the bird took lift off.

Fly dodged all the rising grounds, flying higher as they got closer to the monster.

"Yesung what do I do?" Sungmin shouted.

"I can’t help you!" Yesung shouted back. "It's something you need to decide for yourself!"

"I need to, decided for myself!?" Sungmin cried out, he couldn't think straight right now. Sungmin tried to concentrate, "What element..."

"Maybe Woody could help..." Sungmin thought.

"WOODY!" Sungmin shouted.

The elf emerged from Stella, bowing to Sungmin before wrapping its branches around Earthy. The monster struggled to free itself, but soon succumbed.

“Good job, Woody!” Sungmin smiled, the pointed Stella at Earthy, “Return to the form you were meant to be, ELEMENTAL ORB!” Earthy slowly shrunk, leaving a brown shaded orb falling. The ground started going back to normal as well.

Sungmin landed Fly on the ground, jumping off, he remembered, “Ryeowook?! Siwon?!”

"Sungmin we're here!" Sungmin heard his two friends shout. Running over to them, he hugged them tight.

"I've captured all the elements!" Sungmin said happily.

"Congratulations!" Siwon patted Sungmin's back, giving a proud smile.

Sungmin turned to Ryeowook. "I did it, Wookie." He said softly. Ryeowook said nothing, but smiled at him with his eyes b with tears.

Kibum walked towards Sungmin. "Well done pal." he said.

"Yesung? Arent you gonna congratulate Sungmin?" Siwon asked.

Sungmin turned to where Yesung was, to see him looking up at the sky. It was day before, but now it was steadily growing dark.

"It's a good thing that he collected all the elements. But now, he must face Dalhyun." As those words left his mouth, a dark figure with wings rose behind him...