The Festival Part 1

Element Captor

 

"Just... Just a few hours away..." Henry was bouncing up and down in the waiting room. "Hyung! I don't think can make it."

Heechul stared at the nervous Henry, and smiled at how cute he was.

"Aish, don't worry. When we first started, we felt just the same way. You'll get over it in no time." Jungsu patted his shoulders with a smile, unexpectedly kind.

"Easy for you to say. You weren't the one who accidentally fell on stage and became the topic for a month." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

The curtain that divided the waiting room and the changing room opened. Out stepped Sungmin and Heechul, in their costumes. They were in female hanboks.

"Uhm, you sure this is what we're supposed to be wearing?" Sungmin looked at himself, feeling extremely embarrassed to be wearing such a thing in public.

He then turned to Heechul who sighed deeply. Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and the rest of them, "Hey, why aren't you guys wearing the same?" His jaw dropped open.

Jungsu stifled a laugh. "We only had 3 men's costumes, and you and Heechullie were the girliest out of the 5 of us," he concluded with a grin.

Heechul bared his teeth and showed his fist. As Jungsu continued laughing, Heechul started hitting him on the head. Jungsu cried out in pain.

"How lucky... You guys get to wear those..." Henry said enviously.

Heechul turned around and faced Henry. "THEN WEAR THEM!" he shouted angrily. Henry's eyes filled with tears and he scooted himself into a corner and sulked. "Heechullie hyung scolded me..." he whimpered.

Meanwhile, Sungmin was laughing at the scene infront of him. He slowly became aware that Kyuhyun was staring at him. "Erm, yes Kyuhyun hyung?" Sungmin asked innocently.

Kyuhyun looked taken aback, blushed profusely and turned his head such that Sungmin won't be able to see him doing so. "Nothing.. It's just that... You look good in that."

Sungmin blushed and looked down at the floor. "Thanks..." he whispered.

The producer of the show went backstage and laughed at the scene inside. Henry and Heechul were sulking, Sungmin and Kyuhyun were nervously looking on the floor with their faces pure red, and poor Jungsu was crying from the pain of Heechul's attack.

The producer cleared his throat and announced "Angel Beats!, you guys have 40 minutes before show time, so I suggested your practice.

They nodded to the producer and took their instruments from their bags. Henry was still sulking at the side. They started testing for the sound on their instruments, and Heechul finally got up and patted Henry on the shoulder, "Hey, we've got to practice now. Snap out of it."

Henry pouted and turned his head. "No." He said cutely.

Heechul sighed. "Kyuhyun, cake." Kyuhyun tore his gaze away from Sungmin's back and nodded blankly.

He walked to his bag again and took out a box of cakes. He passed it to Heechul, and Heechul forced a mouthful into Henry's mouth. Henry brightened and snatched the cake from Heechul and started eating it. He quickly gobbled down his cake and reached out for another from Kyuhyun.

"No more cake for you!" Kyuhyun laughed. "We'll have more after the performance, okay?" Henry, disappointed, went to his bag and ped his guitar case and retrieved it. He put the tuner on the neck and started tuning it.

Once he was done, everyone took their places. "Alright everyone, let's follow the concert programme list alright? So let's start with Hope is A Dream that Never Sleeps," Jungsu said. Everyone nodded, and waited for the cue to start.

"1,2,3,4!" Jungsu said, and once he was done, Kyuhyun started with the keyboard solo. As the solo almost ended, the rest got ready to play, and Kyuhyun opened his mouth, getting ready to sing the first line.

Nothing.

Wait... wha?

Sungmin thought and stopped playing his guitar. It seems like the rest had the same idea as well, as they one by one stopped playing their instruments.

Kyuhyun looked at everyone. It seemed like he was trying to say something but all the rest could see was Kyuhyun shaking his head frantically.

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun. This is no time to play mime." Jungsu chuckled.

Kyuhyun shook his head, pointing to his throat. He opened his mouth again to say something, but he couldn't.

Sungmin was puzzled.

Kyuhyun was alright just a while ago!

Then he felt a familiar presence. A summon!

A summon? Could it be...

"What?" Heechul asked. Kyuhyun continued pointing to his throat, tears were almost falling.

"Uh, uh, I'll be back!" Sungmin shouted, grabbing Stella from his bag and running out of the practice room.

"YAH THIS IS NOT THE TIME FOR-" Heechul shouted but was interrupted by Jungsu.

Jungsu smiled. "He's going to be fine. I know he will. He's not doing it for fun, there's a reason."

 

 

 

"Yah Lee Sungmin!" Someone above Sungmin shouted, as he was running towards where the presence felt the strongest. He looked up and saw Kibum with his bow and arrow and Siwon at his side.

"Kibum! Siwon! What are you guys doing here?" Sungmin shouted.

"Kibum felt a presence!" Siwon yelled back.

"You felt it too!?"

"Dude! You're not the only one who can sense the elements!" Kibum yelled. "And what the heck are you wearing?!"

Sungmin was about to explain why he was wearing female clothing, when Siwon shouted at him "YAH! It's right behind ya!"

He turned around, a huge quaver music note was standing over him. Sungmin took a few steps back, shocked by the sight. Recovering from his shock, he snatched Stella out of his pocket, "By the power of the elements, I call for the help of the Sun and Moon. OPEN!"

Sungmin held Stella in his hand, and pointed it towards the musical note. "Watery, turn into a whirlpool to defeat those who threaten me. WATERY!" He shouted and swung Stella, summoning the elf.

Watery spun in circles, and tried to capture the musical not in her whirlpool but failed. Sungmin took a step back. "Why can’t I defeat it using Watery?" he shouted to Kibum.

"Watery won’t defeat it! You need to use Woody! But you need to be of above ground!" Kibum shouted back.

Sungmin nodded, and turned back to the music note.

Hey, hold on a tick... why is it not destroying anything?

Sungmin thought to himself. "Yah, Kim Kibum! Why isnt it doing anything bad like Watery, Wood and Fly?" Sungmin asked.

"Voice is a kind element! It will only capture the voice of those whom he likes!" Kibum replied.

Sungmin then recalled Kyuhyun. "So you possess Kyuhyun's voice?" He said gently to the musical note. As in reply, music came out from it.

"Na waerowodo dae neol saenggakhal ddaen" It sang.

Sungmin realised in shock that that was indeed Kyuhyun's voice. "LEE SUNGMIN! HURRY UP! WHAT'RE YOU WAITING FOR? The person's voice of which it stole will forever lose his voice if you don’t defeat it now!" Kibum yelled angrily at Sungmin.

Sungmin turned around to stare at Kibum. "Really?" Kibum nodded.

Sungmin took a deep breath. "FLY!" he shouted, and summoned the Phoenix. He climbed on, and flew to the level of where Kibum and Siwon stood.

"Kibum, get on! I'll need your help!" Sungmin said, and Kibum nodded. Sungmin told Fly to fly higher, until it was at the top of Voice. "Wood, capture my enemies! WOODY!" Sungmin shouted, casting the beautiful girl out of Stella.

Woody wrapped herself around Voice, and the wood stayed there.

"YES" Sungmin shouted, ready to seal Voice. "Return to the form- huh?" the wood around Voice had broken, and Voice had turned aggressive. “It didn’t work!” Sungmin yelled.

"I got it! You stay on Fly while I get down there. Try your best to distract it so I can defeat it!"Sungmin looked down at his watch. Only 15 minutes left! "Alright, let's get you to the ground.”

Just as Sungmin was going to direct Fly to fly to the ground, Voice knocked Kibum off Fly with its tail. "KIBUM!"

Sungmin shouted, trying to grab Kibum's hand, but it was too late. Sungmin's fingers missed Kibum's by a few short centimeters.

“KIBUM!”