Light and Dark Part 2

Element Captor

 

“Because, if you don’t find Light within a week, Dark will take over again. And not only the five of us- But the entire world!”

Sungmin stopped in his tracks, and turned around slowly, "T-The whole world? Darkness will take over... The whole world?"

Yesung nodded. "And all the crops will be devastated. And everyone will die slowly.

Sungmin shook his head, he wanted to save the world, but something told him that he really wanted to see Kyuhyun as well.

"Choose, Sungmin!" Yesung urged. "The world, or Kyuhyun!"

Sungmin clenched his fist. "C-Can't this just wait for a few hours?" he pleaded.

"SUNGMIN!" Yesung cried out, "You would really choose Kyuhyun over the world?"

Sungmin stared at the floor. "I.. I don’t know."

"Kyuhyun can wait!" Yesung frowned.

"But I don’t know! I'm just a kid!" Sungmin shouted. "And yet my responsibility is more than an average adult!"

"I'm being real serious here, Sungmin." Yesung crossed his arms.

"But I.... I DON’T KNOW ANYMORE!" Sungmin yelled, tears running down his cheeks. Looking at his friends shocked faces, he dashed out of the canteen.

Yesung shook his head, as Kibum whispered, "Love.."

 

 

 

Sungmin stomped out of the school, and ran down the road to his favourite place in the entire world- a place all for himself.

It was near the lake outside his school, not much people knew about it. And even if they did, they probably didn't visit it as much as Sungmin does.

It was a place that he was all alone.

He sat down with his legs hanging off the ledge, the tip of his shoes touching the lake, as he breathed in the fresh air. This place always made him feel safe.

Now that his mind calmed down, he realized that if he went to see Kyuhyun, and didn’t find Light in time, Kyuhyun would die too.

"Maybe..." Sungmin lifted his head, and looked around at the nature surrounding him. "Maybe I should go look for Light."

He rose from his position and immediately ran back to the canteen, only to find that they were already gone.

"Where could they have gone?" He shouted.

Turning around, he spotted a group of girls, "There's no choice.." He ran towards them, and asked, "Erm, did you all see.. Kibum, Siwon or Ryeowook anywhere?"

The group of girls gave Sungmin shocked looks. "Erm," one of them squeaked. "Yes."

"Great!" He cried, almost grabbing the girl's arms, "Which way did they go?"

"Erm, to visit Kyuhyun-shii..." the girl stammered.

Sungmin almost stumbled backward, "V-Visit Kyuhyun?"

The girl nodded. "Something about you being there."

Sungmin exhaled, "Dammit..." He looked at the girl in her eyes, "Thanks a lot!" he said, and dashed off, hearing the girl talking excitedly, her voice in a high pitch to her friends.

 

 

 

Sungmin arrived at the hospital, panting. "Where's Kyuhyun?" He panted to the counter.

"Oh, erm.." The nurse at the counter blushed a little, "He's... at Room 5, turn right, the 3rd door."

"Thanks!" Sungmin waved, before rushing down the corridor to Room 5.

He flung the door open, and saw Kyuhyun lying unconsious on the bed, with Jungsu by his side.

"Kyuhyun..." Sungmin mumbled, but loud enough for Jungsu to hear.

Jungsu looked up, and saw Sungmin's worried face. He broke into a grin. "No worries, Sungmin!" he said, with false cheeriness. "He's going to be fine."

"That doesn't sound true to me.." Sungmin walked closer to Kyuhyun, "Look at him." He slowly took the little details on his face, the paleness and everything.

"His lips are black..." Sungmin whispered.

Jungsu nodded, "I know..." He looked down and started sobbing, "Something doesn't seem right with him."

Suddenly a voice sounded next to Sungmin's ear, making him jump. "There IS something wrong with Kyuhyun. And it's related to the Elements."

"Elements?!" Sungmin jolted up, which made Jungsu look at Sungmin.

"Elements?" Jungsu echoed.

"Yea, erm. Elements... of.. the periodic table! Yes, that's it!" Sungmin said, panicking. "Erm... Excuse me!" He shouted before running out of the room.

"Yesung!" Sungmin whispered, "If you want to tell me something, make sure you don't scare me next time..."

"Sungmin, you need to look for Light now!" Yesung hissed.

"Right! I was about to look for Light with you guys then a bunch of girls told me you came to visit Kyuhyun!"

"We did, actually," Sungmin heard someone say. Turning around, he saw Ryeowook, Kibum and Siwon standing behind him.

"W-What?" Sungmin stuttered.

"We really did come to see Kyuhyun, not only because we thought you'd be here, but we thought we just had to.." Kibum smiled slightly.

Sungmin smiled happily. "Thanks guys."

 

 

 

"I could use my compass," Kibum offered. He took out a small device, which was obviously supposed to be a compass.

Yesung shook his head. "Won’t work," he said.

"Why not?" Kibum asked.

"Why would a compass help us?" Sungmin asked.

"This compass is a special compass," Kibum said smiling. "It locates elements and helps us find them." Kibum looked down at the compass. The needle was swinging from place to place, as if confused. "Huh? Why is it not working?" Kibum asked, confused.

"You see, Light and Dark have really strong powers. Now that they are active, your compass won’t be able to locate any elements at all," Yesung explained.

“Then what!?" Siwon whined.

"Yesung, won't any elements help us find Light?" Sungmin suggested.

"You can try Mirror..." Yesung said hesitantly. "I mean, it's the only element that can talk."

"But will it really tell me where Light is?" Sungmin asked.

"It's worth a try.." Ryeowook voiced out.

Sungmin took out Stella. "Mirror!" he shouted. Mirror came out of Stella, and immediately took the shape of Sungmin.

"Well, isn't this awkward.." Sungmin scratched the back of his head, "Anywho. Do you know where Light could be?"

"No sir," Mirror Sungmin replied.

"Aww man." Sungmin crossed his arms and pouted.

"I can look if you want," Mirror Sungmin offered.

"That'd be great!" Sungmin lunged at Mirror Sungmin, "THANKS!"

Sungmin landed on the floor.

"You can’t really touch elements, silly." Yesung said, giggling. The rest of his friends started laughing too.

Sungmin sighed. "I'm sorry alright, now can we look for Light?"

"Yes, of course." Mirror Sungmin said.

"We follow Mirror?" Ryeowook raised an eyebrow.

"No, let's split up," Yesung said. "Communicate through these." Yesung threw them a few walkie talkies.

"Hey, you got these from my bag!" Ryeowook said.

Yesung shot Ryeowook a look that could kill, before continuing happily, "Okay, so, we shall split into groups, Sungmin, you go with Ryeowook. Kibum, you and Siwon shall go together. Mirror Sungmin and I will be together, and will come to your aid when you guys need help. Also," he continued while passing out the walkie talkies. "Make sure that none of you guys get into trouble, clear? Kibum, take care of Siwon. Sungmin, take care of Ryeowook. You guys can go wherever you think that Light would be. Now, go!"

They nodded their heads in agreement and headed off.

 

 

 

"Aish, this stupid element." Kibum panted, "What the hell does it want!"

"No idea," Siwon panted. "Check your compass again, Kibum," he said.

"But it doesn't work!" Kibum stomped his foot, "What's the point!"

Siwon sighed as Kibum stomped away. "I wonder how Sungmin and Ryeowook's doing..." he muttered to himself before running after Kibum.

 

 

 

"FLY!" Sungmin shouted, tired. He dragged a panting Ryeowook onto the back of the phoenix, and took off into the sky.

"Right, let's try to find something." Sungmin said.

"Erm.. what are we looking for, exactly?" Ryeowook asked, awkwardly.

"A much brighter place, I guess. Not sure." Sungmin said. “Well it does make sense. I mean, Light would definitely be in a bright place, wouldn't it?"

"I think so." Ryeowook scratched the back of his head.

Then something in Sungmin's mind clicked. "I've got it!" he exclaimed, eyes shining. Grabbing his walkie talkie, he connected to Kibum. "Kibum ah? Yea, I think I found it..."

 

 

 

"Yah, Sungmin!" Kibum panted, he rested himself on the bench, "Now... Where is it?"

Sungmin pointed to his chest. "Here."

Everybody stared at his chest, then at him, "Are you kidding me?"

Sungmin shook his head. "Light is inside my heart!" he insisted. "I can feel it!"

"But, how..?" Siwon shook his head.

"Sorry we're late!" Yesung said, panting.

"Yesung!" Kibum flailed his arms, "Save Sungmin. He claims that element is inside him and that he can feel it!"

Yesung grinned. "So you finally figured it out huh."

"WHAT!?" Kibum shouted, "YOU KNEW ALL THIS WHILE!?"

Yesung shrugged. "I'm the guardian of the elements. Why wouldnt I know?"

"YOU COULD'VE TOLD US! BUT YOU MADE US RUN AROUND FOR NOTHING!"

Yesung tutted. "Not for nothing, punk. Since Sungmin was panicking, he realized that all of us were glowing when Dark took over, making us being able to see each other.”

Yesung nodded. "Pretty much."

"Cool, I finally understood something!" Siwon raised a fist in the air.

Kibum sighed. "Well, that's good and all, but seriously, how are we going to get Light out of us?"

"Of course, this is the job for the one and only Yesung." He pointed at himself proudly.

"Well, then get on with- WHOAH WHAT THE HUH?" Kibum shouted, as him and the rest got levitated into the sky, Mirror Sungmin going back into Stella.

"W-W-What.." Siwon stuttered.

Ryeowook was merely covering his eyes, whimpers coming out of his throat.

Yesung floated into the middle of the now circle of friends, his eyes closed. Then he opened them. His eyes were glowing white.

"Yesung..?" Sungmin looked afraid yet confident.

His eyes grew an even brighter white, and his fur started to rise into the sky, his tail waving like crazy.

"As trouble falls upon the land, Sun and Moon will clash once again. Only Star can stop them, and save the world" Yesung said in a monotone voice. Sungmin barely had time to think about what he meant before Yesung protruded out a shining white beam of light, causing everyone to shield their eyes.

When they opened their eyes, they were back on the ground.

"What... Just happened?" Ryeowook breathed heavily.

Yesung held up Stella, dangling from the necklace chain Sungmin wore. "Mission accomplished," he grinned.