Chapter 6

Element Captor

 

“Well, so who helped you?” Yesung asked, poking a paw at Sungmin.

“Oh… Wait, how’d you know?” Sungmin was shocked.

“Wellllllll, with the kind of power you have now, it’s impossible for you to beat Watery.”

“Heyyyy!”

“Heh, heh. Sorry. But Watery is an attack element, making it hard to capture.” Yesung said.

“Wait what? Huh?”

“These elements have feelings too, you know! They all have different personalities, some kinder than others. Like Dusty, who was kind enough to just go into Stella. Any who, VOID TIME!” Yesung jumped up and down, and then suddenly sighed.

“Ehhh? Why?”

“Dude, you’re like, SUPER WEAK now. Plus, you’ll be facing the rest of the watery monster you know? As your friend, I fear for your life. Now, LET’S GO!”

 

 

 

“Okay, I’ll set it such that you’ll only be able to use what you have in Stella. So at least you know what to do.” Yesung coughed. “Alright. First, you need to learn more moves. Once you defeat the Element Summon, an orb will appear on whoever was the one that defeated it.”

“Ah, so like what happened to that boy today?”

“What boy?”

“The one who defeated the summon?”

“Ah, right. Now, back to this. You see,” Yesung explained, “Element Summons are the colour that represents the element they are. For example, Watery is blue as Water is blue. Makes sense to you, right?” He said, and held out his right paw. Atop of his paw, was an element summon, the colour of blue. “Red for fire,” The summon changed into the fiery colour, red. “And so on. However there is an occasion when weird elements like Sleep come about. These are hard to tell what they are by observing its colour, but enough with magic power. You’ll be able to tell what it is.”

“How…?” Sungmin asked, mystified.

“Dunno. You have to find out yourself. Okay, now. When you use your elements, you’ll have to summon it.” Yesung closed his eyes, and a mock watery element summon appeared. “Get out Stella first. “

Sungmin held out his keychain, “By the powers of the elements, I call for the help of the sun and the moon. OPEN!” The keychain flew into the air, slipping out of his tiny little fingers. The silver chain disappeared, and in its place, it grew a long stick. Sungmin grabbed it, twirled it around then posed in front of Yesung.

Yesung stared at Sungmin dumbfounded, “That was… Flashy. Anyways, follow after me. From the Sun and Moon.”

“FROM THE SUN AND MOON,”

“Bring upon the dust in my aid.”

“BRING UPON THE DUST IN MY AID.”

“DUSTY!”

“DUSTY!” Sungmin held out Stella, and a huge blow of dust came out. The dust became an elf-ish looking girl, and she hovered in the air, in a fighting stance. Sungmin stared at her, “Whoa…”

“Sungmin! COMMAND IT!”

“HOW?!?!?!”

“IT’LL COME TO YOU! JUST FOCUS!”

Sungmin closed his eyes, and took in a deep breath. ‘Dusty… Dusty...’ He thought to himself. “Dust, attack those who threaten me, DUSTY!” The elf girl closed her eyes, and started flying around in a circle. She flew faster and faster, and soon it up the water element summon. It let out a terrible sound as it died out. Dusty bowed to Sungmin and went back into Stella. “Good job there kid! Now you’ll be better!”

“I hope…”

“Sungminnie! I have something to show you!” Ryeowook said the next day at school.

“Meh?” Sungmin asked, sleepily. He was so busy talking to Yesung the night before about his history that he barely had time to sleep properly.

“Look!”

Sungmin lifted his head to see what was going on. Infront of him was Ryeowook’s beloved camera. A video of a guy using magic was playing. “Who’s that?” Sungmin murmured.

“This is a closer view.” Ryeowook said, zooming in. It was Sungmin running away from the elemental summon.

“EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?”

“W-W-What’s wrong Sungm-” Yesung half shouted, then realised that Ryeowook was around.

“Yesung…? Why are you here???” Sungmin asked, anger raging in his eyes.

“Well, I felt like paying a visit. Who’s this anyway?”

“Oh… H-h-he’s my friend, Kim Ryeowook. His dad is the manager of Kyunghye, so he’s really rich.” Sungmin nodded to himself. “WOAH, HOLD ON. Why are you here again? You shouldn’t be here! People will see you!”

“Right…” Yesung laughed at the fact that he didn’t think of that. He closed his eyes, clapped his two paws together and turned invisible. “Better.”

“That was weird…” Ryeowook said, still in a state of shock. “What was that?”

“Yes, it’s true. I do have some magic powers… And that there was a guardian of the stuff I'm supposed to capture” Sungmin whispered as softly as possible. “You’re my best friend so I trust you. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don’t let me down by telling anyone else.”

Ryeowook stood up immediately, “I, Kim Ryeowook, best friend of Lee Sungmin, promise that this secret will never be told, not to a single soul.” He giggled at how he sounded so weird.

“Yah, you better not say anything nasty about me to him, got it memorized?” Yesung said, still invisible to the room.

“Alright, alright, I won’t. I mean you ARE supposed to guide me.”

Ryeowook jumped onto Sungmin’s bed with a thud sound. “So what’s all this about?” Ryeowook asked as Sungmin locked his room door.

“Well,” Sungmin held his keychain up, showing it to Ryeowook.

“Woahhhhh! It looks so cool? CAN I TOUCH IT!?” Ryeowook bounced up and down, wanting to reach out his hand to touch the keychain.

“Uh huh. You can, but it's better if you dont.” Yesung held his paw in front of Ryeowook. “This keychain only allows people with magical powers to touch. Anyone else who doesn't, might go… POOF!”

Upon hearing that, Ryeowook slowly backed off from the keychain. “I see…”

“Well, I would love to show you more but I can’t.” Sungmin looked down, “Or can I?” He turned his gaze to Yesung who was glaring at him.

“FINE, just Stella then.”

“YES!” Sungmin stood away from Ryeowook. “By the powers of the elements, I call for the help of the sun and the moon. OPEN!” Stella formed in Sungmin's hands. He posed for Ryeowook and smiled.

Ryeowook unknowingly started to clap his hands, "WOAH. That was cool!"

"You should see me fight, which you can't." Sungmin twirled Stella around.

"Hey, watch it." Yesung dogded. "Yes, you can't see anything. Not that we don't want you to, it's just that you don't have the power to. You see, to see such stuff like elements and summons, you need the power. Unfortunately, you don't."

"I see. Alright... I should get going." Ryeowook stood and made his way to the main door where Sungmin's brother and Kyuhyun had just arrived home. "Oh, hi!"

"Hi Ryeowook!" Kyuhyun smiled brightly, "Oh, hey there Sungmin. Sorry about lying the other time... Heh, but it was kinda fun wasn't it, Jungsu?"

Sungmin felt his face turn red. "Oh, it's... Nothing. No need to a-a-apologise." He took slow steps down to the corridor. "I'll see Ryeowook out. By the way, dad said he'll be back early today."

 

 

 

Sungmin sat at his seat in class, flipping through his textbook before the teacher walked in and the test started. "Oh no... I'm so gonna flunk this test. I didn't have time to study last night cause of Yesung."

Ryeowook looked down, he didn't even listen to Sungmin.

"Wookie, what's wrong? Is everything alright? You've been like that since this morning!" Sungmin asked worriedly.

"Nothing, it's just that... You weren't like that before you knew about all this stuff... You were different, a much cheerful Sungmin. I miss that Lee Sungmin I used to know! That's all..."

"Oh don't be silly Wookie!" Sungmin giggled, giving his best smile as he ruffled Ryeowook's hair. "I'll always be that Lee Sungmin you'll know."