The 'Stuff Toy'

Element Captor

 

Once Ryeowook and Kyuhyun had left the house, Sungmin was left alone with his irritating brother, Lee Jungsu. “Dad says he’s coming home late tonight. I’m supposed to cook dinner for us.” Sungmin pouted as he lay lazily on the couch, watching his favourite program on the television, whilst munching on a bag of spicy potato chips.

“I’m alright with anything…” Jungsu sat on the floor, his back arched into a ‘C’ while he rested his sharp chin on his hand, stressing himself over the amount of homework on the coffee table. “Just don’t poison me or try to do anything funny with the food.”

Sungmin rolled his eyes and laid the bag of chips on the table in front of his brother as he reached his hand in to take a piece. “Whatever you say, boss.” Sungmin sighed.

He walked to the kitchen as he scratched the back of his head. He thought of what Kyuhyun said to him and started smiling idiotically to himself. He had decided to cook some pasta. What’s the recipe again? He pondered for a while.

“Where did dad keep the recipes again?” He shouted to his brother who was now chewing on the chips on the couch. “In the basement, I guess.”

 

 

Sungmin switched the lamp on in the dusty, dull basement. He choked, “How long has it been since this place has been cleaned!?”

He looked through the books on the shelves, and felt attracted to a certain book. Knowing he had a strong sense of six senses, he walked towards the book thinking it was the recipe book. He pulled the book out and saw a strange pattern on the cover, as well as the shape of a handsome wolf.

Sungmin carefully opened the book. A huge amount of dust arose, and he started coughing. Inside he saw the picture of a beautiful elf girl. "Hmm, not this one, then. Haha, it must have been Jungsu that bought this! Looking at girls indeed," he said, chuckling to himself.

Before he could snap the book shut, a huge gust of wind blew from behind him. His hair fluttered over his face and he could barely see anything. The book he was holding earlier had dropped, and balls of multiple colours flew out of the window. The wind died down as sudden as it came, and Sungmin heard a familiar voice.

 “Ayooooooooo!” Sungmin turned around and blinked, and blinked again. He rubbed his eyes, gulped and stared in shock. Nope, it was still there. Before his eyes, right in front of him, Sungmin saw that ‘stuff toy’ he had seeing. It was floating above the book, a little fluffy looking dog. It had white fur, a long tail which had a thunder shaped object on its tip, and wings. WINGS.

“Hellooooo? Have I been in this for so long that it’s no longer a respect to greet someone in your presence?”  The little dog put its paws on its waists and glared at Sungmin, looking as if it would bite any moment.

He poked the dog, and started laughing. “Heyyyyy, what gives?”

Sungmin muttered to himself, “I’m just going a little crazy from all the stress of having to cook Jungsu hyung a good meal that I’m imagining this!” Shaking his head, he picked up the book and closed it. The dog dodged away from Sungmin’s hands. “Heyy! You could’ve hurt my precious tail!” It pulled its tail towards him and hugged it tightly as if hugging on to dear life.

Sungmin realized something on the cover of the book, was missing. “Ehh!” He looked up at the terrified dog and back at the book. “What happened to the drawing here?” He pointed to the front of the book.

“Are you blind? Can’t you see me here?” The dog waved with his little paw. “This is my book. So I have come back to live, thanks to you Sungmin.”

“How can this be…? Alright, I’m really going crazy.”

“No, you’re not. I’m a living thing!” Sungmin looked at the ‘thing’. “Really?”

“Yes, really!” The dog bounced up and down and did a mini somersault in the air. “My name is Yesung. Seeing that you have the ability to open this book, you must be the one. The one with the great power of the magic.”

 “…Magic?” Sungmin blinked, shook his head; He stared at the living thing in horror.