Wine & Dinner

Element Captor

 

“Sungmin rolled around on his bed impatiently." I haven’t seen Kyuhyun in 5 days! 5 DAYS!" Sungmin sighed and gave Yesung a bone-crushing hug as he whined. Yesung wiggled out of his grasp in disgust.

"Look here kid, you have a job of saving the world, yet all you can think about is about this Kyuhyun guy."

"I would take Kyuhyun over any silly old elements any day!"

"And let the world die in terror- Oops."

"Huh what?"

"A catastrophe will happen if you don’t collect all the elements! Do you want the world to die?"

"NO!"

“GOOD! Training time!"

 

 

 

Sungmin sighed. "I'm beat..."

"Good job today kiddo! Not a bad job indeed!"

Sungmin was about to open his mouth to speak, but then he heard a knock on his door. "Sungmin-ssi?"

Sungmin flew into a panic. "Quick, hide Yesung!" he whispered, and Yesung hid just in time. The door opened to reveal Kyuhyun.

 “Kyuhyun?” Sungmin felt his face turn bright red once again, “What is it?”

 “Oh, nothing. Just wanted to talk to you.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“Well, what is it?”

“I was just thinking, would you mind coming to my house this Thursday? We could have a nice talk!”

“I guess that would be alright…” Sungmin looked down and smiled to himself.

 

 

 

“Oh you’re here?” Kyuhyun opened the door.

His house was huge, must be because he’s the son of a rich family, that’s what Sungmin heard. His father owns a school in the district and he’s the top student in Mathematics and Science in his school. Jungsu was way far from comparison with him. Sungmin smiled, he seemed happy about it.

“Woah, your house is awesome. Aren’t your parents home at all?”

 “Oh, no. This house belongs to me, I live here alone. My parents live somewhere else in the middle of Seoul, they have to work there, you see? So since I attend school here they bought this house for me.”

 “COOL. This place looks so awesome!” Sungmin stared at the figurines everywhere, toy cars and wine bottles. “You drink wine?” He looked at Kyuhyun, he was smiling at the little Sungmin who was fascinated as the stuff he saw every day. 

 “Heh! You’re so cute!” Kyuhyun giggled as he lightly patted Sungmin on the head. “Actually… My father influenced me. He’s always coolly drinking wine while watching the moon.” Kyuhyun smirked. “Do you… Want to try some?” He turned his attention from the lamp to Sungmin who was staring at him.

“Welllllll.” Sungmin hesitated.

“Lee Sungmin don’t you dare go anywhere near that! IT’S BAAAAAD FOR YOU!” Yesung’s voice ringed in his head.

“Yesung…?” Sungmin muttered.

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun looked to him, he was about to reach for the bottle opener when Sungmin shouted. “No! Erm, sorry. I don’t think I want to try.”

 “Oh…” He put the bottle down and pouted. “If you say so.” He walked towards Sungmin who was sitting awkwardly by himself on the couch. Sungmin felt his heart fluttering, afraid of what Kyuhyun might do.

He sat down next to Sungmin. Running his fingers through his hair, he looked at the younger who was beside him, still in an awkward position. Sungmin gulped, he look at Kyuhyun then immediately turned back.

 Why am I so attracted to him… He thought. Sungmin took one last glance. 

I’M A GUY FOR GOODNESS SAKE. But… He just seems so good looking!!!

 “So why did you invite me here anyway?” Sungmin asked, trying to break the ice in the room. “It can’t be just to ask me about wine, right?”

 “Of course not!” Kyuhyun chuckled. “I was planning to ask you out for dinner some time!”

Sungmin swore his heart stopped. “D-d-d-dinner? With me? Wow…” He turned his head away and smiled to himself. He turned his attention back to Kyuhyun. “Really? But, why?”

 “Hmm. Take this as an apology for the time I tricked you with your brother." He smiled at Sungmin's priceless expression.

"Eh!?!? You don't have to! I know it was just a joke."

"Nahhh. I'm a nice guy, you know? I could see you were really upset about it. So, will you accept my apology?"

“O-o-o-of course!” Sungmin stuttered.

“Yes!” Kyuhyun yelled in victory, as he started to jump up and down. “So… This Friday at 6pm! I’ll meet you near school. Alright?”

“Alright.”

 

 

"I'm home!" Sungmin shouted happily, as he ran up the stairs to his room.

"Woah, woah. Take it easy, dude!” Yesung scolded Sungmin who landed on his bed with a permanent smile.

"Yesung! The most awesome thing happened to me!"

"What, your presumably love of your life asked you out for a dinner?"

"Yeah! Wait. What? How did you know?!"

“Well, even though I have limited powers, I am able to read your mind and your thoughts.” Yesung explained.

"... So you just read my mind? DUDE THAT'S AN INVASION OF PRIVACY!" Sungmin shouted.

"Well, don't blame me for being able to do it. I'm just too amazing." Yesung puffed his chest out.

Annoyed, Sungmin flicked Yesung's head and the impact caused Yesung to go flying back and hit Sungmin’s phone. He ran over to his phone, he saw that Ryeowook had sent him a message.

‘Hi, Sungminnie! How was your visit to Kyuhyun’s house? Keke. ^^’

Sungmin smiled. Then he remembered. "KYUHYUN! THE DATE!" He quickly dialed Ryeowook's number. "Ryeowook? It's me, Sungmin. Yeah, I have a problem....."

 

 

Sungmin asked his one and only hope, Ryeowook. “Yahhhh!! He asked me out for dinner this Friday!”

“Yah! That’s news, isn’t it? So why do you sound so depressed?” Ryeowook laid his head on his desk as Sungmin pulled the nearest chair to sit next to him.

“I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I SHOULD DO! What should I wear, what I should say…” Sungmin was cut off by Ryeowook lifting his arm in protest.

You say it like it’s your first date, which it’s not. It’s just a friendly dinner between you and a guy you find attractive.” Ryeowook giggled.

“Not funny. I’m serious, Ryeowook!”

“Alright, alright! I was just trying to, lighten the atmosphere. Why not you try on this suit I just got?”

“Me? Wearing a suit? But it’s just a normal, casual dinner with him. Can’t I just dress casually?”

“Well, I guess so… My parents won’t be home early today, so we’ll go to my house to get you some clothes, alright?” Ryeowook pinched Sungmin’s cheeks and gave an awkward laughter.

 

 

 “Hmm… This looks good on you.” Ryeowook examined Sungmin from head to toe as he held up a  suit coat in front of Sungmin.

 “You sure about that? I wanna’ look extra good in front of him…” Sungmin pouted as Ryeowook glared at him.

“Since when has the fashion sense of Kim Ryeowook’s failed you? It’s the BEST. You have to trust me if you want to impress that guy of yours.” Ryeowook put the coat down and put his hands on Sungmin’s shoulders. “Now, you try it on!”     

Sungmin grabbed the coat and the other stuff and walked slowly into the bathroom. After a few minutes of wondering how he would look like to Kyuhyun he finally stepped out of the bathroom. "Yah! You look great! See? Kim Ryeowook is awesome!"

 

 

 

Sungmin looked at his watch and looked up again, “Am I early or is he late?”

 “Of course he’s late, Sungmin! It’s already 6.10pm!” Yesung yelled as he hovered in the air, invisible to the street. “How could he be late? He’s the one that set this up!”

“Oh! There he is!” Sungmin pointed at a guy who was running towards their direction. He was wearing a normal white shirt with a checkered jacket and denim jeans which seemed to tighten around his thighs. 

 “Aish, sorry Sungmin! I got caught up back home, someone visited and I lost track of time.” Kyuhyun panted.

 “No need to say sorry! I was a bit earlier than I expected. Erm, we can go now, you lead the way.”

After what felt like almost hours of waiting, they finally had seats and were led by the waitress. “Ah, this is my favourite restaurant in the neighborhood. Seoul Lovers, weird name isn’t it? We’re not even in Seoul.” Kyuhyun chuckled to himself. Sungmin who didn’t really find it amusing tried to laugh to make him feel better.

 “Hmm… You know, I guess I should’ve dressed better.” Kyuhyun smirked looking at Sungmin is his suit.

 “Ah, no, no! You look perfectly fine! Very… Handsome too.” Sungmin hesitated.

Aish, I should’ve just dressed casually… If only I knew.

 “Really?” Kyuhyun looked at himself, “Maybe I should dress like this more often.” He flipped through the menu  then handed it to Sungmin. “Just get whatever you want.” He grinned.

Sungmin flipped through it slowly, trying to look for the cheapest thing in the whole menu so Kyuhyun wouldn’t have to pay much. “Aish, you don’t have to pick the cheapest thing there you know? Just pick anything you want!” Kyuhyun smirked at Sungmin who frantically looked through the menu.

 “How did you know I was looking for something cheap?” Sungmin pouted. Now trying to find something he wants. “I could tell from your face.” Kyuhyun started to stare at him, making Sungmin incredibly embarrassed. He hid his face behind the menu and quickly pointed at a picture of a steak. “I’ll have this.”

After eating and talking for a while they walked back together. “So, erm… Who was that person who held you up just now?” Sungmin asked.

“Oh, she’s just a friend. She’s really pretty, you know?” Kyuhyun chuckled at the sight of Sungmin’s face. “Are you, jealous?”

“YAH! W-w-why would I be jealous?!”