Chapter 20

EXO's Stylist Niece

 

Ailee's POV~
 
After school I went to go find Daniel with Simon. We searched the library, the gym and all the levels of the school to see him no where in sight. 
 
"Where do you guys usually go when school's over?" I asked Simon as he shrugged. 
 
"I don't hang out with them after school," he said and bit his bottom lip. "Should we check his house?"
 
"His house?" I dumbly asked as Simon nodded. I agreed and so we both took a taxi to Daniel's house, which was about 15 minutes away from school. It looked a bit shabby and broken, but decent enough to live in. Simon paid for the taxi while I knocked on the front door. After the 7th knock, the door flung open and Daniel's facial expression looked pissed and annoyed. But once he saw me, his expression changed within a second and he smiled. 
 
"What are you doing here Ailee?" he sweetly asked. 
 
"I was trying to find you, but you weren't at school; so Simon suggested I check your place and here you are," I said as he looked behind me to Simon. His eyes seemed to have darkened once he laid eyes on Simon. 
 
"Why were you looking for me?" he asked with another sweet tone. "Did you miss me? Is that why you came?"
 
"No, I was asking about this," I said and pulled his medicine out from my book bag. He widened his eyes and snatched the bottle from me. 
 
"How did you find it? I was looking everywhere for this," he said with a smile, like he had lost it for years and had just found it till now. 
 
"Su Ji, tried to overdose herself with them," I said as his eyes looked up at me. He stuffed the bottle back in his pockets and leaned on the door frame, crossing his arms to continue. "She had your pills and I guess she took multiple of them, soon fainting."
 
"Is that so?" he asked as I nodded. "See, not only is she trouble but a drug addict too."
 
"I don't think it's considered addiction if she was trying to kill herself," I said with Simon coming up me from behind. 
 
"Or maybe someone had tried to kill her to make it look like a suicide attempt of overdosing," he said, making Daniel glare at him. A jaw muscle was visible and Daniel kept on glaring at Simon, who hid behind me. 
 
"Either way, I still want you to stay as far away from her as possible," Daniel said. "Also, thank you for bringing back my medicine. I'll just get back to my homework now."
 
He was gonna close the door when I stopped it with my foot. "I have to use the bathroom, may I come in?"
 
I really did and it's not good to hold in your waste, so I had to ask. 
 
"Uhm, my toilet isn't working anymore-"
 
"Then how do you use the bathroom?" Simon questioned Daniel, cutting him off. I looked at Simon then to Daniel, feeling the atmosphere tense up for some odd reason. 
 
"I go over to Inati's and use his," Daniel firmly said through clenched teethes. "Now if you'd excuse me, I have to return to my homework."
 
After his last sentence, he shut the door on us. I blinked at the door then up to Simon. 
 
"Is he okay?" I asked as he narrowed his eyes at the door. 
 
"He will be once he takes his medication," he said and slowly walked away with me following behind. 
 
"Have you seem his house before?" I then asked as he suddenly stopped, making me bump into him. 
 
"To be honest, no. I've only seen the outer appearance, never have I gone inside," he said and continued walking. I looked back to the house and I swear I saw Daniel at the window looking at us, but then again I have been seeing a lot of weird things lately, so who knows. 
 
"Well, I still need to use the bathroom so lets go to the store and buy some snacks while we're there," I said and we both headed to a nearby store. 
 
Kris's POV~
 
I waited for Ailee at the street she'd usually come to once school was over, but she never came. *Where could this girl be?*
 
I looked at every direction, even if I was looking at a wall, but she didn't show up. My cell started ringing and I looked at the caller ID, it was Jewels. 
 
"What?" I answered. 
 
"How dare you just say what," he said with a huff. "Well, we have a schedule to attend, so hurry up with what you're doing."
 
"Alright," I said and hung up, still hoping she's show up. *Maybe she's not coming home tonight.*
 
I decided to walk back since she wasn't showing up until I got to the apartment, seeing her with a blonde boy. She saw me and stopped just to look at me. *She was with him this whole time?*
 
She was munching on some ice cream with the boy and all of a sudden smiled at me, which took me by surprise. She approached me with the boy following behind. 
 
"Were you waiting for me?" she asked as I scoffed. 
 
"Why would I?"
 
"You're really something. You always wait for me!" she shouted annoyed. I looked down at her then to her friend. 
 
"Who's he?" I asked, doing a head nod to him. 
 
"Ahh, this is Simon. My friend," I said as he bowed to me. I eyed him then scratched my chin. 
 
"Aren't you the guy with those other guys at Disneyland?" I asked. He slowly nodded and looked at Ailee. I continued to look at him, then looked down at Ailee, leaning down to her ears. 
 
"Didn't I tell you to stay away from those guys when we were at Disneyland?" I whispered, earning a glare from her. 
 
"And why would I listen to you?! Ugh, you and Su Ji are no different," she said and stomped away then turned back and smiled. "Go home safely Simon oppa~"
 
"Oppa?" Simon and I both said with an eyebrow raised. She nodded then walked into the building while I was left with Simon. 
 
"Simon, right?" I asked as he nodded. "What's your relationship with Ailee?"
 
"Just a friend..." he said. He seemed like the awkward type. 
 
"What about those other guys?" I asked as he blinked. 
 
"They're just her friends," he said. I narrowed my eyes at him. 
 
"There's something that tells me you guys are trouble," I said in a deep, dark tone. "If that Su Ji told Ailee to stay away from you guys then I know something's up."
 
I saw his adam apple bob up then down, gulping. "Is there something I should know?"
 
"There's nothing you need to know, but if you'd excuse me," he said and started to walk away. 
 
"If I find out what you're up to, I'll make sure you guys are gone for good," I said and headed for the door when he said something. "What did you say?"
 
"Watch over Ailee, she'll need you when the time comes," he said as I furrowed my eyebrows. 
 
"What exactly is going on?"
 
"I don't know myself, but they don't want any of you knowing. If they found out I told you their plan, they'll be the one to have me gone," he said and sighed. "Again, be cautious of Ailee's surroundings."
 
I was gonna say something, but he walked away too fast. I entered the apartment building and went up to Jewels' apartment. I entered and looked directly at Ailee as she was playing with Suho. What exactly would they want to do with Ailee? My Ailee?