Chapter 40

EXO's Stylist Niece

3rd Person POV~

"Ailee, it's time," Jewels said entering her room. She saw how empty the bedroom looked like with all of Ailee's things packed up into her suitcases. Ailee was sitting on the bed, staring out the window as the sun's warmth entered. "C'mon, your father is waiting down at the lobby for you."

Ailee sighed and stood up, grabbing her suitcases and bags. She looked at Jewels and slightly smiled.

"Will they be there? At the airport?" she asked as Jewels shrugged.

"Their schedulte is pretty tight. They don't know if they'll make it in time for you," she said, helping Ailee carry her luggages out. "They really do want to see you leave though."

"It's better if they don't," Ailee said walking out of the bedroom. Jewels looked at her with sadden eyes that asked, "why?"

"If they were to be there, my weak side will come out and I wouldn't want to leave. I've grown on to them and I don't want to see them sad. I don't want them to see me sad," Ailee said with a soft smile. "I think it's better to silently leave, less pain to endure."

"You possibly can't do that," Jewels said. "The boys really want to see you. Whether it's going to hurt them or not, they really do want to see you off."

Ailee sighed and hung her head. Jewels also let out a sigh and patted Ailee's back.

"Let's just go, your father is still waiting," she said and walked down to the lobby.

"There's my little girl~!" Ailee's father said with a smile and hugged her. She just stood in his arms. "Let's get going. I want to get there early-"

"Yeah, an hour early," Ailee said and walked away to the taxi that was waiting for them.

"What's wrong with her?" Ailee's father asked Jewels.

"Isn't it obvious? She doesn't want to leave," Jewels said and walked away too. Ailee's father sighed, like he had done something wrong then caught up with them.

Kris anxiously looked at the clock on the wall, wanting to get out of the practice room to see Ailee off. Suho seemed to have notice and chuckled to himself.

"He must really want to see her," he said to D.O, who nodded in agreement.

"But her plane doesn't leave in an hour, he has time," D.O said, sipping his water.

"Not unless we extend practice," Suho stated and looked at Kris, who was now biting his nails. "Or we could just have him leave."

"But we can't do that. Hyung [dance instructor] will get mad that someone is ditching practice," D.O said, worried. "We'll all get a scolding."

"I know, but if it's for Ailee and Kris, then I'd do anything for them to see each other," Suho said with a smile and got up, going to Kris. "Hyung."

Kris jumped and stopped biting his nails. He looked up to Suho and blinked his eyes. "What?"

"What's wrong? You seem tense," Suho said, sitting besides him.

"Of course I am. I just feel cramped and hot. I need to get out of here," he said, biting his nails again. Suho chuckled and shook his head.

"You must really want to see her," he said as Kris nodded. "Then shall we go?"

"W-what?!" Kris asked with round eyes. "B-but we have practice!"

"I know, but this is a special day for the both of you. You possibly can't miss a day like this, can you?" he asked Kris, who sighed.

"I really want to see her, but we have to practice," Kris said, tucking his knees up against his chest.

"It sounds like practice is a whole lot more important than seeing your girl go off," Suho stated as Kris widened his eyes.

"Of course not! But..." Kris sighed and rubbed eyes. "I just don't know what to do."

"You're only making this harder on yourself when it's an easy decision," Suho said with a soft smile. "Everyone knows you want to see her, so just go."

"But-"

"No buts, just go," Suho said and got up, but when he did, their dance instrutor walked in.

"Let's start practice now. Everyone warm up and stretch your body," he said as everyone got up to stretch. Suho sighed annoyed and looked at Kris.

"We'll get you out, don't worry," Suho said and Kris nodded.

After 15 minutes of warm up, everyone was exhausted already and they haven't even started dancing yet. Kai started wobbling as he stood up and next thing you know, he fell onto the hard wood floor. Everyone gasped and ran up to him, Kris being the first one.

"Kai!" Kris shouted, panicking.

"You idiot, what are you doing? Go! This was the signal," Kai firmly whispered to Kris.

"Huh?!"

"Just go!" Kai whispered, almost shouting at Kris.

"Kai!" their dance instructor shouted and kneeled besides Kai as Kris slowly got up and walked towards the door. Suho followed behind and from the mirror, the dance instrutor saw. "YAH! Where are you guys go-"

"Ahh~ hyung!! My head hurts! Cure me hyung! I think I'm going to die hyung!" Kai shouted, grabbing onto the dance instrutor. Kai wrapped his legs around him while the other memebers held him down.

Kris and Suho safely made it out and flagged down a taxi. They got in and sighed of relief.

"We made it," Suho said breatheless.

"Why didn't you tell me there was a signal?" Kris asked, glaring at Suho.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Kai and the other's are in it as well and Kai was supposed to faint in order for you to leave-"

"YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT ALREADY?!?!" Kris shouted, ready to pull out his hair while Suho laughed. "Why did you come anyways?"

"Why? Can I not see the girl I used to like go off?" Suho asked in a teasing manner. Kris cutely glared at him and sighed. "I think I deserve to see her too."

"Whatever, I don't care. I won't argue with you," Kris said and crossed his arms, looking out the window. "I just hope we get there in time.

Ailee looked in all directions of the airport, wondering if anyone will come to see her; although she didn't want to see any of them. Her father handed her a cup of coffee, taking a seat next to her as she took it from him.

"Do you really not want to go?" he asked her, taking her by surprise.

"Uh, I don't want to, but if appa and umma wants me to go back then I will," she softly said, rubbing her thumbs on the coffee cup.

"Do they really mean that much to you?" he then asked her. "Those boys...especially that tall blonde one."

"Of course they do. They've been with me through my ups and downs...although I didn't really like them, I've started to grow a bond with them; I bond I can't forget or break," she said smiling. "They made me laugh and smile after Soojung unnie left us. They showed me the true meaning of what a family is like even if I wasn't able to see them much."

Her father just nodded and sighed. Ailee looked at her father and smiled.

"I know appa's not a bad person. I only portrayed him as one," she said and he looked at her. "I decided to go back not because I was forced, but because I knew it was better to go, if that's what those questions were leading to."

He sighed and looked down to his coffee. "Do you love that boy?"

"Kris?" she asked as he nodded. "I do..."

They sat in silence when there was an announcement made about their flight departing in 10 minutes.

"I wonder where Jewels is," Ailee said, looking around. Jewels went up to them after buying bread.

"I'm sorry...I don't think any of them are coming," Jewels said handing Ailee bread. Ailee nodded and bit the bread.

Those ten minutes had passed like a flash and the announcement was made to board the plane. Ailee got up and hugged Jewels.

"Thank you unnie for everything you have given me," Ailee said as Jewels nodded.

"Just take care of yourself kiddo," she said and kissed Ailee's cheeks. "Stay safe too."

"I will," she said and looked at her father. "Let's get going appa."

Her father blankly looked down when Ailee called for him again. He snapped out of it and smiled, getting up.

"Uh, shall we get going?" he asked and walked away with Ailee following behind. Jewels watched them and waved them goodbye.

Meanwhile, Kris and Suho were running into the airport. They saw Jewels and ran up to her.

"Noona!" they both shouted. She turned around and widened her eyes.

"What are you two doing here?!" she asked as Kris ran past her to the double doors. "Kris, she's already gone."

"No, that can't be," Kris said not wanting to believe it.

"If only traffic wasn't heavy, we could've made it on time," Suho said, disappointed. "All the effort Kai put into his acting skils too...."

Kris looked at the doors hoping Ailee would come out, but she didn't. Suho placed his hand on Kris's shoulder and gently squeezed it.

"She's not coming back, so let's just go," Suho softly said. They turned around and walked out of the airport and entered a taxi. Kris looked out the window and had a gloomy face.

She's really gone...