Chapter 24

EXO's Stylist Niece

3rd Person POV~

After Simon had dropped off Ailee at home, she went straight into her room. She locked all doors and checked all windows to make sure they were secure. She curled up against the headboard and rested her chin on her arms. She felt scared, she felt as if someone was watching her inside her room. She took out her phone and called the first person she could think of...Kris. She called him 2 times and by the third try he finally picked up. 
 
"What's up?" he asked in a tired voice, like he had just woken up. 
 
"I...I just wanted to check up on you, that's all," she softly said. 
 
"Well, that's unusual of you to do that, but I'm doing fine," he said. 
 
"When will you be back?" she then asked, taking him by surprise. 
 
"Soon, why? Do you miss me already?" he asked with a husky laugh. Hearing him laugh like that made Ailee feel safe. She smiled and held her knees closer to her chest. 
 
"I was just wondering because I miss Luhan," she teased. 
 
He scoffed and rolled onto his stomach, then looked at Luhan since he was sharing rooms with him. "Luhan doesn't seem to miss you at all."
 
"Who's that?" Luhan asked from hearing his name. "Is it Sehun?"
 
Ailee heard and giggled. "Luhan only cares for Sehun..."
 
"Those two are inseparable," Kris lightly chuckled. "Are you home alone?"
 
"I am," she quietly answered. 
 
Kris felt something off with her, the tone of her voice was different. "Are you okay Ailee? Are you sick?"
 
She smiled and shook her head, even though he couldn't see it. "I'm better now. I just woke up."
 
"You just woke up? It's night time over there," he stated. "If you feel sick then call Suho. I'm worried about you Ailee."
 
"Oppa, I'm fine," she said. It took her and Kris by surprise to hear her say 'oppa.' Kris's heart was beating and he could feel his face heat up while Ailee bit her bottom lip in embarrassment. 
 
"Did you really just call me oppa?" he asked with a smile. 
 
"I just did, why? Do you have a problem with that?" she asked, becoming herself again and forgetting about what she had just heard earlier about Su Ji. 
 
"Tch, you're getting mad now. All because of one word," Kris said with a scoff. "Just don't say oppa and leave it for the others."
 
Ailee laughed and felt a whole lot better now. She laid in bed and rolled to her side, with the phone pressed against her ear. 
 
"Oppa, thank you," she said with a soft smile. 
 
"For what?" Kris asked confused.
 
"For tonight," she sweetly said.
 
He didn't know where she was going with it, but he went along. "No problem Ailee. Anything for you."
 
"This isn't the Kris I'm talking to now is it? I feel like I'm talking to someone else," she teased. "Kris would've hung up by the time I called him oppa."
 
"Well that Kris is taking a break," he said with a light laugh. "This Kris is being more responsible and it's all because of a child like you."
 
She giggled and hugged a stuffed animal close to her. "Come back soon because I miss you."
 
Kris's heart was pounding against his chest now, ready to fall out. He smiled and felt his face flush. "I'll be back soon Ailee. Don't worry."
 
He looked at Luhan to make sure he was still listening to music on his iPod, so he wouldn't have to hear Kris say it. Once he thought he was good to go, he said, "I miss you too Ailee."
 
She smiled and sighed. "Well, I guess I'm gonna go to sleep. You should too, I'm pretty sure you have a busy schedule ahead of you."
 
"Goodnight then," Kris said. 
 
"Goodnight," she said and hung up, hugging the stuffed animal closer. "You're fine Ailee. Just 8 more hours until the sun comes up."
 
Ailee's POV~
 
I woke up and felt bags under my eyes. I couldn't sleep at all because I was too paranoid last night. I sighed and went to get ready for school when there was a text from Baekhyun. 
 
Sorry we couldn't send you to school:/ Chanyeol and I promise you we'll come the next day, but today is just too packed to come. D.O's sorry too for not being able to make you lunch and Kai and Sehun are also sorry for not being able to pick you up. Suho's pretty disappointed too, but you'll be fine. You're a strong girl. Well, have fun at school and don't cause any trouble. Stay safe and come straight home.
-Love Bacon
 
I sighed in disappointment, but I can't always depend on them, right? I got dressed and took in one deep breath before walking out the door, looking at both directions of the hallway to make sure no one was there watching. I pretty much ran all the way to school because I was still paranoid about everything. I went straight to 1st period and I didn't see Simon at all. Where is he?
 
Throughout the whole entire day, he didn't come and Su Ji didn't show up either. I was beginning to worry about them, what if Daniel had taken them? I nervously bit my nail when the school bell had rung and I ran out the door. I walked down the street still biting my nails when I heard footsteps behind me. It's not the first time and it won't be the last time. Every time I stopped to turn around, I saw no one. I continued to walk when someone grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. I closed my eyes and screamed while I threw my fist at the person, only to hear a soft yelp. I shot my eyes open and saw Suho curled up in a ball on the ground. 
 
"Oh my gosh," I gasped and kneeled down besides him. "I'm so sorry oppa. I didn't know it was you."
 
He looked at me and sat up. "Why did you hit me? I was only going to surprise you with food."
 
I didn't see any food, at least not until he stood up. He dropped the food and he fell flat on it, smashing it. I couldn't help, but laugh and be apologetic at the same time. 
 
"You hit hard you know, for a girl too," he said with a pout. He looked at his and I knew he was embarrassed. 
 
"C'mon, lets go home. I've got some jersey shorts you can wear," I said and grabbed his hand, dragging him home. 
 
"Will they fit me?" he asked with an eyebrow raised. 
 
"Well they are from the men section," I said and soon enough we reached the building. I had my school blazer covering the mess, so it wasn't noticeable for the by-passers to see. 
 
I left him in the living room to find some shorts for him to change into. I found a pair that would fit, since he is pretty small and handed it to him. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
Suho finished changing and gave his dirty pant to Ailee to wash. They both sat in silence while watching TV. 
 
"Oppa, aren't you busy today?" Ailee then asked. 
 
"It's break time," he said. "I got an hour of break to do whatever I want and I wanted to see you, so I used my break to come pick you up."
 
"Wouldn't you rather sleep?" she asked, knowing she wants to right now. 
 
"How can I sleep when I'm with you right now?" he asked with a soft smile. That smile always made Ailee feel warm inside, but Kris's smile made Ailee melt. "I want to know, why were you so jumpy in the alley when I snuck up on you?"
 
Ailee had hoped he wouldn't ask. "Uhm, I've been watching too much horror movies."
 
He chuckled and pinched her cheeks. "But a girl like you, you wouldn't be scared of a white ghost."
 
She smiled and rubbed her cheek where he had gently pinched her. "I'm different now."
 
"I can tell," he said. "But I like this Ailee too."
 
Suho looked at his watch and saw that his break was over. "I have to get going now. If I don't make it back on time, my manager will yell at me."
 
Ailee didn't want to be left alone, but she couldn't force Suho to stay. Ailee walked Suho to the door and watched him leave when she saw a figure at the corner. She knew it was a male, seeing how muscular he was. She bit her bottom lip and shut the door, locking it and ran to her room, locking her door as well. She sat in the furthest corner from the door and tucked her knees up against her chest. Suho's right...I'm not scared of ghosts, so why should I be scared of someone I know?
 
Ailee's POV~
 
Throughout the day, I didn't come out from my room and stayed in the same position until night fell. I laid my head on the wall and looked up at the ceiling when I heard a door close. Its probably the neighbor's door.
 
I listened closely to anything else when I heard it close again, this time I felt the wall vibrate. The neighbor must of had a bad day...
 
Then there were footsteps in the house, walking past my bedroom door that made me hold my breath. The lights in the hallway were on and I saw a shadow standing in front of my bedroom door, standing still. I was already tearing up, but I covered my mouth to not let out a cry and I let the tears roll down my cheeks. The person outside my door tried opening the door, but I locked it and so the person was twisting it like crazy to get in. 
 
"Is she asleep?" a voice said and I knew that voice. I jumped up from my place and felt my knees die on me since I've been sitting all day. I fell a bit, but luckily there was the wall to support me up. Once I was steady, I ran to the door and opened it, seeing Kris look down at me. 
 
"Oppa," I said and hugged him tight, crying in his chest.