Chapter 39

EXO's Stylist Niece

 

Ailee's POV~
 
Of course after being discharged, EXO flies to China while I stayed behind with Jewels. I only stayed to be with EXO, but I guess it was a wrong decision to stay. Being at the apartment for 3 days going by, it was boring; just 4 days left till I leave for Canada. 
 
"Ailee, they're coming back today," Jewels said coming out from her bedroom. "I just received a text from you hubby and he said they're arriving in 2 hours."
 
 
"My hubby?" I asked as she nodded. I laughed and shook my head at her. "Please, lets not give each other those names."
 
"You will one day. Calling each other jagiya or yeobo," she teased as I glared at her. 
 
"Calling him oppa is good enough for me. I don't want to be anymore cheesy and corny," I said and sat on the couch. She sat besides me and hugged me. 
 
"I'm sorry I wasn't able to do anything," she softly said. 
 
"You took care of me, that's more than good enough," I said with a smile.
 
"I tried convincing your dad to let you stay, but he didn't want that. You know how he is," she said as I nodded.  
 
For the rest of the day we just sat around, waiting for the boys to arrive. Of course we're not going to the airport to see them because of all the fans, but they'll be coming here instead. 
 
"Ailee, is there anything you want to eat?" Jewels asked, preparing dinner for the boys. 
 
"Udon noddles sounds good right now," I said as she laughed. 
 
"It does sound good. I have the noddles, but I need to buy more ingredients. I can't leave you behind though," Jewels said with a sigh. 
 
"It's fine, I'll go with you since I want some junk food," I said and got up to get in proper casual clothes. 
 
We headed out to a nearby store and bought all the things we needed. Coming out of the store, I felt someone staring at me. I looked around, but saw no one in sight.  
 
"Ailee, what are you doing? Lets get going before the boys get there," she said and started walking. I looked behind me one last time, then followed her when someone covered my eyes. I dropped the grocery bags and felt my heart and breath freeze, but then those ands covering me slowly moved down to my waist and pulled me into a hug. 
 
"Mmmm, your hair smells so nice," the person said and with a voice like his, I knew it was Kris. From anger, I elbowed his stomach and stomped on his foot. "Yah! What are you doing?!"
 
"Why did you have to do that?! I was scared," I said as he chuckled. "I'm being serious here. I thought you were Daniel."
 
He looked at me with a soft smile and hugged me. 
 
"I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to surprise you," he said and laid his chin on my head. "I'm sorry."
 
"It's fine. As long as it's you and not him," I said and lightly pushed him away from me. "Where are the others?"
 
"They went to the dorm first, to drop their things off," he said while picking up the bags I dropped. 
 
"Why didn't you go with them?" I asked as we were now walking. Jewels knew he was with me, so she had gone back long ago. 
 
"I didn't want to go. I wanted to be the first one to see you, so I made Luhan take my things back," he said with a smile. "Being away from you for 3 days was a lot of work. I only wanted to be with you."
 
"That's so cheesy," I cringed, earning a pout from him. "Don't make that face. It doesn't suit you."
 
"Fine then, whatever," he said and his fierce look. We soon arrived at the apartment and began cooking right away. 
 
"We have to make this perfect or else Kyungsoo and Lay will start yelling at us at how bad we are at cooking," Jewels said as I nodded. Kris only watched us while munching on some dried squid. There was then a knock at the door and I went to open it, seeing appa standing there. 
 
"A-appa," I said surprised to see him. "What are you doing here?"
 
"I came to see how you were doing," he said and entered. He saw Kris at the table and narrowed his eyes at him. "What is he doing here?"
 
Kris stood up and bowed. "It's nice to see you again sir."
 
Appa just nodded and looked at Jewels, who hid her face to concentrate on cooking. I stood by Kris and looked up at him, but he kept his eyes on my father. 
 
"Is there something bothering you?" appa asked with an annoyed tone. 
 
"No sir," Kris said with a soft smile. "I was just wondering how a man like you is be the father of this girl."
 
"What are you trying to say?" he asked, glaring at Kris. 
 
"I'm not saying anything," Kris said and looked at me. "I'm just wondering if she gets her scary side from you and her lovely side from her mother."
 
Appa scoffed and approached Kris and I. 
 
"You've got some nerves to insult me right in front of me," appa growled, but Kris didn't care what he had to say. 
 
"I will have to put up with you one day or another consider I'll be by your daughter's side forever," he said looking down to my father. "I could already tell that you don't approve, but it's not up to you to decide."
 
"Are you asking my daughter for marriage?" appa asked as I gasped loudly with Jewels. 
 
"No," Kris directly said with his poker face. I looked at Kris, feeling my heart slowly sink. "Not as of now or anytime soon, but I will take her away from you one day."
 
"Aren't you going a bit too far? You are not suitable for my daughter considering that you are just an idol-"
 
"An idol that loves your daughter," Kris interrupted. "Although we may not have had a proper relationship, but I know that we share the same feelings."
 
Appa looked at me to see if I did and I nodded. He looked at Jewels, just in case I was just messing around, but she too nodded. 
 
"I don't even know how we got into this conversation, but I will not approve of you two. Ailee will come back home with me to find a proper man to take of her and to watch her at all time," appa said and headed towards the door. "Why don't you just stick to your idol life and continue on making horrifying music."
 
"Oppa," Jewels said, furrowing her eyebrows. "That's going too far."
 
"And we'll see how far he can continue to endure my comments," appa said and left the apartment right when the rest of the members walked in. 
 
"Did we miss something?" D.O asked as he looked in the hallway. 
 
"Ailee?" Xiumin asked waving his hand in front of me. I blinked then looked up at Kris. 
 
"YAH!" I shouted, startling everyone. "Why did you say those things?!?!? Aish!"
 
"Did I do something wrong?" Kris asked as I huffed out a sigh. 
 
"You brainless giant!" I shouted and stomped to my room. 
 
"I thought I was the brainless giant?" I heard Chanyeol say before I slammed my door shut. I honestly don't know why I was mad, but it had to do with the conversation between appa and Kris. There was then a knock on my door, but I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now. 
 
"Ailee, open the door," I heard Suho's voice say from the other side. "Kris isn't with me."
 
I sighed and got up to open the door. Once I did, Kris entered and slightly closed the door to poke his head out. 
 
"Thanks Suho," he said with a smile. 
 
"Anytime Kris," Suho said and walked away. Kris closed the door and looked at me. 
 
"You're unbelievable. My innocent, never lying Suho is starting to become like you," I said with a sigh. He stared at me, which made me feel a bit uneasy. "What do you want?"
 
"Have I ever told you how pretty you look?" he asked as I shook my head, blushing. "Good because that would be a huge mistake."
 
"YAH!" I shouted and was going to kick him, but he moved so I pretty much feel down. He looked at me then started laughing loudly, making my heart pound of rage. "You're such a jerk."
 
"Awwh, don't say that," Kris laughed and stretched his arm out for me. "Get up."
 
I turned his hand down and stood up on my own. I crossed my arms and looked at him, wanting him to go away. 
 
"Why are you so mad? Is it your time of the month?" Kris asked wiping his tears from laughing so hard. 
 
"I'm not mad I'm just..." I honestly didn't know why I was having these mood swings. 
 
"Are you upset because of the things I said to your father?" he asked as I scratched my head. "So it is. You do know I was serious about all of those, right?"
 
"O-of course I do," I said as he slowly walked closer to me. I hit my back against the wall as he trapped me between his arms. 
 
"Are you sure? You're not lying to me right?" he asked. I shook my head while completely staring right into his eyes, coming closer and closer. 
 
"You're pretty," he said with a smile. "And I know it's not a mistake calling you that."
 
I felt myself madly blushing as his lips were only centimeters away from mine. 
 
"How about we start being serious?" he whispered, feeling the warmth touch my lips. "I know you're leaving for Canada in a couple of days, but I promise you I'll bring you back to make you mine."
 
I smiled and saw how serious he was. He tilted his head and moved his head down to my neck, pecking it. 
 
"Uhm, you do know your members are in the next room right?" I said as he nodded and continued to give light kissed on my neck. 
 
"I won't do anything to you. This is the farthest I'll go," he said and looked at me. "You will be mine right?"
 
"I've always been yours," I said as he faced me and raised an eyebrow. 
 
"Really? Lets not forget how Suho-"
 
I cut him off by landing my lips on his. I pulled back and smiled. 
 
"I will only be yours Kris," I said and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him again, but that didn't last long because of some disturbance. 
 
"Ailee! Kris! Dinner's ready!!" Sehun, Tao and Kai shouted from the other side of the door and started giggling. 
 
"Those girls," Kris said annoyed and grabbed my hand. "Lets go. Don't want them suspecting us on what we're doing."
 
I giggled and we went out for dinner and enjoyed the rest of the day together as a big family.