Chapter 29

EXO's Stylist Niece

 

Ailee's POV~
 
Days have gone by and nothing has happened. I was beginning to think that nothing will happen, since I haven't seen Daniel and the others around too. I walked to the football field for lunch to see Simon reading, like usual. 
 
"Oppa, have you talked to Su Ji lately?" I asked as he seemed stunned by my question. I was beginning to suspect their relationship too, knowing there was something going on between them. 
 
"M-maybe," he said, seeing his face turn red. 
 
"You like her, don't you?" I asked and with that, his face got redder; almost like a tomato. "Omo~ you do!!"
 
"No I don't," he said with a childish voice. "I don't like Su Ji at all. I don't do long distance relationships."
 
"Yeah sure you don't," I , then a smile slowly appeared on his face. 
 
"Well, maybe I do just a bit," he confessed which made me squeal. 
 
"That's so cute~" I said as he chuckled. 
 
"Do you plan to do a secret visit to her and suddenly ask her out?" I asked, earning a look that said I was crazy. 
 
"Now that's going a bit too far," he said and sighed. "I still don't know her well enough to go out with her. I was also being serious about long distant relationships too. I can't stand those because I can't be with her."
 
"Awwh~ that's cute," I said as he chuckled. 
 
"Girls and love," he said clucking his tongue. "What about you, huh? I know you like one of the EXO members."
 
"What?! Uh, no I don't," I said as he laughed. I could already feel my face heating up. 
 
"There's 12 of them. You have to fall in love with one of them," he said as I bit my bottom lip. "I already know who it is...it's Kris, isn't it?"
 
My heart was ready to jump out from his name, but I played it cool. "Nope, it's not Kris."
 
"Don't lie to me, I know. I became close friends with Kai after an incident at the coffee shop and he tells me everything about him, the EXO members and of course, you," Simon said as I swore under my breath. "I heard Suho liked you too, it must have been dramatic for you to have 2 guys from the same group fall for you-"
 
"Wait, Suho liked me?!" I shouted as he blinked at me then nodded. 
 
"Wasn't it obvious?" he asked as I shook my head. He titled his head and scratched his head. "At first I thought you and Suho had a thing for each other, knowing that you and Kris always fought; from what I heard. I thought you knew, but I guess not."
 
I was shocked and speechless. *How come he didn't tell me?! Why would he anyways? It's not easy to confess to someone.*
 
"Lets hang out today after school," Simon said, changing subjects. 
 
"I'd like to, but Jewels wants me to stay home. She doesn't want me out anymore, she's still paranoid," I said as he nodded. 
 
"Are you still paranoid?" he asked me. I thought about it and shook my head. 
 
"Nope. Nothing has happened and I doubt anything's going to happen. I feel like he ran away or something," I said, picking at the grass on the football field. 
 
"You don't know for sure," Simon said and soon enough, the bell rung. "Well, I'll see you around then."
 
I nodded and waved him bye as he ran back into the school while I took my time into class. Hours later, school was over and I began walking home. Since then, I never took the alley again and rode the bus all the way home. It took about half an hour, maybe longer, to get home. 
 
I entered the apartment and saw that it was empty; of course it would be knowing Jewels is EXO's stylist. I blew my cheeks out and set my school bag on the ground, heading into my room to change. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
The EXO members really wanted the meeting to end, so they could go see Ailee; especially Kris. 
 
"We're gonna have to go to China today," their manager said, looking through some papers. 
 
"BWOH?!" they all shouted while making a ruckus with their chairs as they all stood up. 
 
"Today?!" Sehun shouted. 
 
"Why?! I thought we were done with all our activities there!" Lay shouted as their managers shook their head. 
 
"Why didn't you guys give us a heads up?!" Kris asked with rage.
 
"We did, but I guess you all zoned out on us," their manager calmly said. "Let's head back to the dorm and get you guys packed up."
 
"Can we at least go see Ailee?" Kai asked as they shook their heads. 
 
"We have no time for that. We have to get going soon," one of their manager said, looking at his watch. "C'mon lets get going."
 
"Jewels, you're gonna have to go to China with us. I'm sure your niece wouldn't mind," another manager said as Jewels nodded. 
 
"You can't possibly leave Ailee alone?" Kris asked as Jewels bit her bottom lip. "You have to stay with her."
 
"Kris, lets get going," his manager said as the rest headed out of the conference room. Kris looked at Jewels, pleading her to stay with Ailee. 
 
"Mr. Jang, I don't think I'll be able to go to China. You'll have to find another stylist to take," Jewels said to one of the manager while Kris let out a relieved smile. "I need a break from these boys too."
 
"Okay then, I'll find another stylist. Now Kris, lets get going," the manager said and walked out with Kris following behind. 
 
"Thanks," Kris said with a smile and walked out. 
 
Ailee sat in the living room, painting her toe nails when her cell began ringing. She grabbed it and held it up to her ear. 
 
"Hello?" she answered. 
 
"What do you want to eat tonight? I'm going to EXO's dorm to help them pack, then I'll buy something on the way," Jewels said while she entered her car. 
 
"Hmmm, how about some fried chicken?" Ailee asked. 
 
"Fine with me. I'll buy it on the way home. Don't go anywhere, okay?" she said as Ailee nodded. 
 
"Don't worry, I won't go anywhere," she said and continued to paint her nails. "But you said something about EXO packing? Where are they going?"
 
"Oh, they're going to China today," Jewels replied as Ailee stopped painting her nails and furrowed her eyebrows. 
 
"China? Why didn't I know about it?" she asked. 
 
"No one did. It was a last minute thing. You don't know how much the boys want to see you, but they can't," Jewels said as Ailee sighed, because she wanted to see them too; especially to see Kris. "Well, I'm heading out. I'll see you tonight."
 
"Yeah, come back safely," Ailee said and they both hung up. 
 
The sun was slowly setting over the horizon with Ailee watching TV the rest of the day and patiently waiting for Jewels to return home. Her cell then began vibrating and she looked at the caller ID to see that it was Simon. 
 
"Hello?" she answered her cell. 
 
"Hey, I just remembered I gave you my homework to cheat off from. I just want to let you know I'm coming over to pick it up right now, I'm not far from the place," he said as Ailee went to grab her back pack and found his homework. 
 
"Okay, I'll be here waiting then," she said and they hung up. After a few minutes, she got up from the couch and went over to the door, grabbing Simon's homework. She opened it and smiled when she saw who it was. Her breathing had stopped along with time; her head going crazy and her eyes swelling up with tears. 
 
"D-Daniel."