Chapter 36

EXO's Stylist Niece

 

Kris's POV~
 
Days have gone by and I was still in the hospital. During those past days, there have been reports about us and Ailee. Our CEO and manager spoke up for us, but they were pretty angry and disappointed in us and Jewels. Many of our fans pitied us and others left out of jealousy because of Ailee. It's been hectic with reporters coming everyday, but of course they couldn't get through to me or Ailee. 
 
"Hyung, what are we going to do? They won't leave us alone," Kai said annoyed while looking out the window at the reporters and all the paparazzi. 
 
"We've told them everything didn't we?" Lay asked as our managers sighed. 
 
"They want to know about Ailee and who she is. That's why they keep coming back," one of our manager said. "We told them she was Jewels niece, but they know she means more to you guys."
 
We all sighed and exchanged looks. I got out of bed and headed towards the door. 
 
"Where are you going?" Suho asked, following behind. 
 
"Checking up on Ailee," I replied and headed towards Ailee's room, opening it up to see her siting on the ledge of the window, looking out at the crowd in front of the hospital. 
 
"Why are you so close to the edge?" I asked, walking up to her. 
 
"When will they leave? It's a bit annoying to have to wake up to them," she said still looking down to the reporters and fans. 
 
"They won't leave until they know who you are to us. Even still, they won't ever leave even if we've already told them the truth," I said, looking out the window too. She looked up at me and got off the ledge. 
 
"What exactly is it that they want to know?" she asked while heading to the bed to sit. 
 
"Maybe they're suspecting your relationship to us, like if you're in a secret relationship with one of us," I said, sitting down besides her. 
 
"She is, isn't she?" Suho asked as I exchanged looks with Ailee. 
 
"Uh, I don't think so," Ailee said and sighed. "They're really noisy out there. I just want to throw a pillow out the window."
 
"You probably would do that," I chuckled and ruffled her hair. "So, how are you feeling?"
 
"I'm better now, I still get paranoid here and there but I'm sure Daniel and the others are locked up for good. And as for Simon, I know he's in a better place and he's protecting me," she said with a warm smile. "I have you guys too, so I know I'm safe."
 
"You can't always depend on us though," I said as she nodded. 
 
"I know and understand how hard it is to be an idol," she giggled, then sighed. We sat in silence while Suho just looked at us. 
 
"I'll leave the two of you alone," he said and walked out. We sat still for a few minutes and looked at the white, empty wall in front of us. 
 
"Oppa," she softly said. "Do you think he'll come back for me?"
 
"Daniel?" I asked as she nodded. "From what I've heard from the cops, he's staying in jail for good, but who knows what his future holds for him."
 
"What if he takes another girl and does the same thing to her like what he did to me..." she said, not wanting to remember the past. I sighed and pulled her into my embrace. 
 
"They won't let him touch another girl. I know I won't let him touch my girl," I said and kissed the top of her head. 
 
"My girl? Who? Me?" she asked, blinking her eyes. I had just realized what I said and I let her go. 
 
"Uhm, well..." I said, scratching my head. "Are you not?"
 
She blankly looked at me then began to laugh hysterically. "Uwah! Oppa! You're really weird!"
 
"Of course you wouldn't take this serious," I said and huffed out a sigh, then hopped off the bed. "I'm going back to my room. I'll come back later to check up on you."
 
She smiled and nodded, waving me off as I closed the door behind me. 
 
Ailee's POV~
 
It's been hours and I've been annoyed all day with those annoying fans and reporters. I rolled onto my side and sighed. 
 
"I'm gonna throw a pillow out there any minute now," I said. I gripped onto my pillow and stood up, walking over to the door. I had my pillow in hand and glared at each and everyone of those people below me. It wasn't long when I lifted my arm up ready to throw it down when someone grabbed my hand. I looked up and gasped, dropping the pillow. 
 
"A-appa..." I could barely say. I looked behind him and saw Jewels biting her bottom lip, like she had done something wrong. I then turned back to look at my father and like the usual, he didn't have a good expression on and for the first time in 10 years; I was scared of him. He was firmly holding onto my wrist and glaring down at me as I saw a muscle move in his jaw. 
 
"Appa, what are you doing here?" I softly asked as his eyes burned in me. 
 
"I'm taking you back home," he said as I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 
 
"What?" I asked as he was tightening his grip on my hand. 
 
"Jewels told me everything that happened. I can't believe you would do such a thing," he said. 
 
"Me? What exactly did I do? I was almost and you put the blame on me?!" I asked, with tears forming from anger. "Appa, I could have died!"
 
He narrowed his eyes and let my wrist go. 
 
"Appa, do you not remember what had happened to Soojung unnie? You've lost a daughter already," I said with my voice breaking. "You almost lost me and you showed no sign of care for me."
 
"Ailee," he said with a soft voice, yet his face didn't change. 
 
"But why would you care if I had died? You didn't care when Soojung unnie died," I said, now feeling my tears steaming down my face. I looked at the door and saw Kris and the others standing at the doorway. "Appa, I don't want to go back home. Home may be the best place in the world, but for others, it's not. I changed when I came here. I wasn't that stubborn, ignorant girl anymore because I met those boys."
 
My father turned around to see them and they stiffened in their place. He then turned to look back at me and sighed. 
 
"There's so much you don't know Ailee. You don't know how much we cried when we lost your sister and when we found out about the incident that happened to you, your mother cried and I was worried," he said now saying it with sincerity. "Because we had lost a daughter, we couldn't stand to lose another one. That's why we want you back home, where we can watch over you and take care of you because Jewels is just too busy to watch you."
 
"I don't need to be watched-"
 
"Do you not remember what just happened to you days ago?! How can you not need an eye on you?! You were kidnaped, beaten and !" my father yelled, but his tone was different. A tone I've never heard before. It was caring and concerned. "You're coming home."
 
"Appa...this is my home now. They're my family now," I said as he sighed. 
 
"This is your second home and they are your second family," he said. "I have already confirmed this matter with Jewels. You will be coming home whether you like it or not."
 
I looked at Jewels as she hung her head low. "Unnie, why didn't you talk this out with me?"
 
"He's right Ailee. I can't watch over you anymore and you need to be watched after all the things that have happened to you," she said. 
 
"Unnie..."
 
"I'm sorry Ailee, but it's better if you go home," she said and walked out just like that. I felt my heart break and my head go crazy. I then looked at Kris as he furrowed his eyebrows. 
 
"Ahjussi," Suho then said. My father turned to look at him. "Why don't you just let her stay? She's not a child anymore, she's an adult now. Let her make her own decisions."
 
"Make her own decisions? That's what I worry about. If she makes her own decisions, she'll end up hurting herself and others around her physically," my father firmly said then turned to me. "She will go home and if I have to, I will drag her with me."
 
"Appa," I said as he gave me one last look, then walked out until Kris stopped him. 
 
"Don't you think that's wrong?" Kris asked. "Who drags their full grown daughter like that? Is she a dog you can leash up and drag around wherever you go?"
 
"Kris," Luhan softly said, holding him back. 
 
"You're her father, I understand that. You want her safe and I understand that, but you don't yell at her like that. You don't demand her to follow your rules," Kris said with that fierce look of his. "If you want her to go home with you then say it nicely. If she wants to, then she'll go. If she doesn't and you're going to drag her with you, you'll have to take me along too."
 
"And why would I?" my father asked Kris. 
 
"Because she needs me and I need to be there to protect her. I may not know you, but I can't trust you," Kris said, softening his tone. "I know you're her father and you worry and care for her, but I know for a fact that I worry and care for her more than you do."
 
"Even if you were to add me and all my members with you, he would still beat us on caring for your daughter. Even loving her, he'd beat us any day," Suho said with a soft smile. I looked at them, then to my father. He didn't change his facial expression and scoffed. 
 
"You think you care for my daughter more than I do? I pretty much provided for her-"
 
"But was that out of love? Or was it because you had to?" Kris asked. I wanted them to stop, it really was heart breaking. 
 
"How can you judge me like that?" my father firmly asked and let out a long sigh. "And what makes you think I'll listen to what you all have to say? You're just an idol. You don't what love is. You don't know how to care for anyone else but yourself-"
 
"You're right, I know nothing about love and I only care for myself. But that all changed when your daughter came into our lives; my life," Kris said as the others nodded. "I won't stop you from taking your daughter away from us, but I will bring her back."
 
My father looked at each and everyone of them. He then smirked. "Take her back if you want, but just know that I will come back as well and make sure you have no contact with her. She will come back to Canada with me and that's that."
 
And without another word he left the room, leaving me alone with the 12 boys. Kris sighed and looked at me. 
 
"Don't worry, you're not going anywhere," he said with an assuring smile. "I won't let you go."