Chapter 25

EXO's Stylist Niece

3rd Person POV~

Kris let go of Ailee and looked her in the eyes. He couldn't tell what was up, but he knew she was scared.

"Ailee, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" he asked while holding onto her shoulders. She sniffed and wiped her tears away.

"I-I'm just happy you're back," she replied with a weak smile.

"Don't lie to me," Kris said worried. "Did someone make you cry? Who was it?"

"Oppa, no one made me cry," she said with an assuring smile, but Kris was smarter than that.

"If you were scared, why didn't you call Suho or the others? Why didn't you call me?" he asked. Ailee turned away and her tears came back out.

"Oppa, I'm scared..." she said, clenching her fist. "I was scared he would come and not Suho or you."

"Who?" Kris asked, tightening his grip on her shoulder. "Tell me Ailee."

She hesitated, but with those fierce eyes of Kris, she had to tell him. "Da-"

"AILEE~!" Jewels shouted from the living room, cutting Ailee off. Jewels hugged Ailee and smiled. "I missed you so much!!"

Kris looked at Ailee, who returned the look. Jewels released the hug and looked at Ailee to see her face swollen and covered in her tears.

"W-what happened?" Jewels asked with wide eyes. She cupped Ailee's face and looked at it. "What happened to you Ailee? Why are you crying?"

"Unnie..." Ailee said and hugged her tight. Jewels didn't know what was going on, but she hugged her back and soothed her back.

"I'm here Ailee, don't cry. We'll talk about this later. Don't cry Ailee," Jewels said, patting her back. Kris looked at them and looked back to the living room where the rest of his memebers were. He walked out to the living room and saw how exhausted they all were.

"Why don't you all go to the dorm and rest," Kris said in his leader tone. "I'll stay behind and help Jewels out with her things."

"Is Ailee asleep?" Lay asked. I looked in the hallway and nodded. "I wanted to say hi to her, but I guess it's late."

I nodded and walked them to the door. "Tell manager hyung I'll be coming late. I'll let Ailee know you guys came by if she ever does wake up."

They nodded and went out one by one. Tao stopped at the doorway and handed me a stuffed panda bear. "Give this to her, got it?"

I nodded and watched them turn the corner all together. I shut the door behind and went back to Ailee's room to see her on her bed with Jewels holding her.

"Unnie," Ailee said looking up at Jewels. "Can you leave me alone with Kris? I want to talk to him."

Jewels looked at me then to her. She nodded and got off the bed and walked up to me. "You better not do anything to her and I'm being serious."

"Don't worry noona, I won't," I said and she closed the door behind her. I looked at Ailee and went to sit at the edge of her bed.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I asked as she bit her bottom lip and fiddled with her fingers. I grabbed her hand and intertwined fingers. "You have to tell me Ailee. I don't want you to get hurt."

She hung her head low and felt her eyes tear up again. "You were right. I should have listened to you, but I didn't and now...now I don't know what to do."

"Ailee, what are you talking about?" Kris asked with confusion.

"My friends...no, Daniel and the others. They're not good, they're bad people," she said now breaking into a cry. Kris moved closer to her and held her in his arms. "I should've known they were up to something, but I was stupid."

"Don't say that Ailee," Kris said, feeling his heart breaking slowly from her crying. Everytime she cried, his heart would break. "What did Daniel do to you?"

"He hasn't done anything yet, but I'm scared. What if he does do something to me?" Ailee cried in his arm. Kris bit his lip and patted her back.

"How do you know he will do something?" Kris asked and so Ailee told him everything that's happened to Su Ji and how she will be the next one. Kris couldn't believe what he was hearing and felt his anger rising. He clenched his jaw and let out a deep exhale.

"What am I supposed to do oppa?" Ailee trembled. Kris held her tighter in his arms and tried to think of something.

"Don't think about it too much. I'm here now and I'll make sure nothing happens to you," he said and kissed the top of her head. "There are 12 other people to watch over you too, so don't feel like you're not alone."

Ailee nodded and continued to cry. Kris laid with Ailee in bed and held her close to his body. "I'll spend the night with you, so you feel secure."

"I don't know what I'd do without Kris," Ailee said and snuggled close to him. "Thank you."

"Like I said, I'll do anything for you," he said and kissed her forehead. "Sleep well."

Ailee's POV~

I woke up to see Kris no where in sight. I got out of bed and went to find him when I saw a note on the dining table.

Ailee,
I hope you had a wonderful sleep. I'm sorry I couldn't stay until you woke up, but I have a schedule today and I couldn't be with you. Jewels is sorry for leaving you home alone again. I hope you don't mind, but I told Jewels. I didn't tell her everything though, but she kept asking and I had to tell her because either way you're going to have to tell her for she is your aunt. I'll try to pick you up from school today, but if I don't then I'll give you a text. Please don't take the alley too and take the long way home. Stay away from Daniel and the others if you see them and come straight home. If anything happens, call me immediately; I'll make sure my phone is on. But when you get to school and when you get home after school, give me or Jewels a call so we know you made it safely.
-Kris oppa

I looked at the letter and sighed. I took out my phone and called Simon, but he didn't pick up. He usually picks up right away. Why isn't he picking up now?

I looked at my phone then threw it on the couch and went to go get ready for school. After changing, I ran to school and into 1st period to see Simon sitting in his seat. I smiled of relieve and ran to him to give him a hug.

"A-Ailee?" he asked as I hugged him tighter. "Are you okay?"

"I'm glad you're fine. I thought Daniel or any of the others took you," I said with tears in my eyes. He gently pushed me away and smiled.

"I'm fine, you should worry about yourself," he said. He then leaned over to my face and looked at it. "Did something happen? Your eyes are red and swollen with bags and dark circles. I'm guessing you didn't get enough sleep, huh?"

I sighed and nodded. "Since I found out who Daniel truly is, I haven't been able to sleep. I'm scared to close my eyes, even if it's for a second."

Simon looked at me and his face was full of concern. "I'm sorry you had to hear all of it, but it's our only way of telling you to stay away from him. You had to know what kind of person he is and what he did to Su Ji."

"I know," I said and looked at the empty desk next to me, where Su Ji sat. "Where is she anyways?"

"She didn't tell you?" Simon asked as I shook my head. "She went back to live with her grandmother. She had only come back to Seoul because her parent's wanted her to live with them, but she refused to because of her past here. Her parent's forced her though, so she had no choice but to come back. Once she saw that you were hanging with Daniel, she thought he had changed into a better person, but one day Daniel saw her and talked to her. He was harrassing her and so she then knew his intentions of why he became your friend in the first place. She tried to warn you, but like the person you are, you were stubborn and didn't listen."

"Why didn't you tell me instead?" I then asked as he hung his head low.

"You remember that day I came to school with all the cuts and bruises?" he asked as I nodded. "I told him I was going to tell you everything, but he wouldn't let me. He beat me along with the others and held a knife up to my throat saying he'd kill me if I told you."

I couldn't believe that Daniel was this kind of person, I mean a rapisct is bad, but this is just by far the worst.

"Ailee, you're not the only one scared here. I am too," Simon softly said. I felt bad for him. All because of me, he was beat up. All because of me, Daniel shoved all those pills down Su Ji's throat. All because of me, Daniel did all of this.

After school I followed Kris's advice and took the long way home. I plugged my earphones listening to EXO-m's Angel/ Into Your World while still being cautious of where I was going. After hours and hours 30 minutes of walking, I finally reached home safe and sound. As I was told to do so, I called Kris.

"Are you home?" he asked.

"Yes sir," I said.

"That's good. I was worried all day because you didn't call saying you got to school safely, so I called the school to make sure you were home," he said as I smiled to myself.

"Thank you for your concern," I said. I heard him chuckle on the other side of the line, which made my heart pound.

"Are you going to be fine alone until Jewels come back? She'll be home around 8pm," he said as I looked around the house for something to eat.

"I think I should be fine, as long as the sun is still shining then I'll be alright," I said with a light laugh.

"Okay then, but if anyone knocks on the door. Don't open it unless you know for sure who it is," he said and with that we said our goodbyes and hung up. Just when I sat down, there was a knock at the door, making me freeze in my spot. The knocking continued and I looked at the door, feeling my heart pound hard against my chest.