Chapter Seven

Infinity

Woohyun POV:

Dongwoo and Hoya went from being awkward with eachother to being extremely flirty and close again. It is a little odd because Dongwoo was over at my house not even a week ago telling me that "people like us" weren't meant to "love" and it bothered me that he and Hoya were acting like a couple right after he said that to me.

"Dongwoo, come here," I said while looking at my calculus making Hoya think I was asking him over to help me with my homework.

"Yes Woohyun?" Dongwoo asked as he came over to where I was sitting and sat down beside me. "Do you need help on calculus? Because I slept through class..."

"Uhm," I looked over towards Hoya whom was talking with Sunggyu. "No. I was wondering about you and Hoya."

"Oh yeah," Dongwoo smiled. "We like eachother."

"No duh. I mean are you a couple?" I asked while raising an eyebrow.

"No, I didn't want to rush things," Dongwoo said and then turned serious, "Why?"

"Well, if it wasn't the famous Dongwoo who happened to be at my house on Friday telling me that we weren't meant for love."

"That's because I hadn't realized my feelings towards Hoya until he told me he liked me. I guess it scared me that I actually did and I tried making excuses for why I couldn't like him, you know?" He tilted his head a little as I nodded.

"Yeah, except it's been bothering me for a week!" I said as I threw my hands up.

"What? Hoya and I dating?" He glared at me as he leaned back.

"No, you saying that people like us weren't meant to love," I ran my hand through my hair as I sighed.

"Woohyun, as I said before I made that up. I was confused and scared and... Wait," Dongwoo smiled towards me, "You like someone."

"What? No," I said as I smirked, "You know me. I'm the biggest player in the school."

"Woohyun, you can't fool me. So who is it? Hyuna? Or maybe it's Tiffany," He smiled as he listed off names.

"None of them. I'm not telling you," I said, crossing my arms looking back towards Sunggyu and Hoya whom were engrossed in their conversation.

"Well if I guess it will you tell me?" Dongwoo asked.

"Sure. But you're never going to guess it." I said as I sighed looking up into the blue sky.

 

Sunggyu POV:

I sat on the floor in my room after-school infront of Chunji, my partner for science.

"So do you know what we are supposed to do?" He asked as he flipped through his notes, looking like he was concentrating.

"Nope," I said as I laid down.

"Liar," He said as he flashed me a smile.

"You're right," I said as I smiled back, "But I don't want to do that right now."

"Really?" Chunji asked, putting down his notes and looking at me as if he has seen me for the first time, "You don't seem like the type to procrastinate. But you can't judge a book by it's cover right?" Chunji asked as he smiled.

"Yeah..." I sighed, "What do I seem like? What do you think I'll be doing after high school?"

"Uhm, well I would've guessed that you were a very smart person whom did their homework in seconds and that you would be a very succsessful business man or something when you grew up, "Chunji said, biting the bottom of his lip and studying me.

"Would've?" I asked as I smirked.

"Yeah, I used to think that. But now I see that you're full of surprizes." He smiled at me. "Like I used to think that you were shy, but now I can see that you do talk."

"Well, I guess you have to get me in the right enviornment, like my home," I said as I smiled at Chunji.

"What's on your mind Sunggyu?" He asked me as he tilted his head, "You seem preoccupied."

"I don't know. I mean I've always taken school so seriously. What would happen if I didn't?" I asked Chunji as he raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked, obviously confused.

"I don't want to follow through with what everyone thinks I should do, you know?" I asked hoping I made sense as he nodded his head.

"I do. I want to be a singer when I grow up, but my father thinks I'm going to work in something big that has to do with mathematics or using profound logic," Chunji rolled his eyes.

"I want to be a singer, too," I blurted out without thinking.

"Really?" Chunji said with wide eyes, "As I said before you are full of surprizes. Would you sing for me?"

"Well, I don't think I have a good voice, and I haven't practiced or anything, and," I kept listing off excuses to Chunji so that I wouldn't seem rude to decline, but I was too shy to sing for him.

"With time you will be ready," Chunji said as he smiled at me and then looked towards his notes.

"Chunji," I said as his focus was redirected towards me, "What do you think of my friends... Like Woohyun?" I wanted to know what a person outside of our group saw us as.

"Uhm..." Chunji bit his lip as he looked around the room, "Do you really want to know?"

"Yes," I nodded as he shrugged.

"Well honestly I think he is arrogant, cocky, and a big flirt. Did you know he is the biggest player out of the whole school? Obviously you did. My friend Hyuna is like in love with him. She doesn't know that he will use up a person until he is bored with them and move on. But anyways I think he is a very popular guy whom is strangely smart and is also full of surprizes. He helps our soccer team win state every year," Chunji said as he shrugged again.

"Most of the things you said about Woohyun was negative yet you said he was full of surprizes. You said that I am also full of surprizes," I said hoping that Chunji didn't mean negative things towards me, and feeling disappointed that he said negative things towards Woohyun.

"But the difference is Sunggyu, I actually like you."Chunji said as he smiled towards me.

"You know," I started to say as I sat up, "Woohyun is a good person once you get to know him."

"Of course you'd say that," Chunji said as he laughed, "You like him."

"Duh, he's my best friend." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"You know that's not what I meant," Chunji said as he gave me a wink.