Chapter Two

Infinity

Sungyeol POV:

 "That's what she said," I said as I laughed at something Dongwoo had said. It was lunch time and all of us were sitting in a circle by a big tree on the school campus. It was a beautiful day outside, about eighty degrees and there wasn't a single cloud in the sky. I was sitting inbetween Dongwoo and Hoya, across from Myungsoo and Sungjong.

Sungjong rolled his eyes, "Sungyeol, that was funny the first time..."

"Was it even funny then?" Sunggyu asked as he tilted his head a little.

"No," Hoya said as he looked at me, "Sorry, but that joke is way to over used."

"You're just jealous that you can't make a joke like I can," I said to everyone.

"Actually, I don't think we are," Woohyun said as he smiled towards me.

I turned towards Myungsoo whom had been mute from the point he had sat down to eat.

"It seems as if your my only best friend here," I said jokingly as I swear I saw a smile flicker on his face but quickly vanish.

"No I'm not," He said while looking at the grass he was sitting on. "What about Sungjong or Dongwoo? Maybe Woohyun or someone else?"

"Yes, my only best friend. They don't like my jokes," I went over to him and sat down by him and hugged him. "You are my only best friend."

"I don't like your jokes either, and Sungyeol?"

"Yes?"

"Stop calling me that."

"My only best friend, I love you."

Myungsoo POV:

 The lunch bell just rang, letting us go to our next class, but I couldn't get Sungyeol out of my mind. He was so childish, immature, and annoying; but there was something about him that I couldn't grasp. He wasn't my type: I liked someone who had a plan, and a schedule and knew what they wanted to do when they left high school but Sungyeol hadn't even thought about it. Sungjong probably has, and I've been attracted to him for a while. I couldn't quite figure out what it was that made me attracted to him. I also couldn't stop thinking about what Sunggyu was saying about all of us only having a year left together. Even though we've only known eachother for about half a year we became close very fast. Especially Sungyeol, Sungjong, and I. I didn't want to think about the end of school, that was still nine months away. I walked into my AP Lit. class and sat down with Sungjong.

"Myungsoo, are you okay?" Sungjong asked me as I took out my binder.

"Sungjong," I turned towards him and looked at him, "Do you know what you are going to do after high school?"

"Well, I hope that I become a singer," He said, being surprised from my question. "Why?"

I smiled. Sungjong had a plan, he knew what he was going to do after high school and he was cute.

"No reason," I said as I turned my attention towards the front of the classroom. "Just wondering."

Now it was a decision between Sungyeol, the childish joker, and Sungjong, the man with a plan. This was going to be a very difficult decision.

 

Sungjong POV:

  Why was Myungsoo asking me what I was going to do after high school? We still have a year left to decide. I know that I want to be a singer and that won't change, but it's weird to think that I only have a year left of high school. Durning the whole time we were in AP Lit. together Myungsoo asked me for help on multiple things. I was honored that he was asking me for help, as he was the second smartest person in our grade, but it was also suspicious. I liked Myungsoo, we were close friends. We were also close friends with Sungyeol. I felt like I had a balance: the immature joker and the very serious shy guy. It was a nice balance, that's probably why we all get along so easily, we aren't alike. I looked around my last period class to see if there was anyone to talk to, and there was nobody that I was close friends with. I sat by Mir, but we only talked sometimes. I took out my phone and decided to text Myungsoo and Sungyeol to see what they were up to because our teacher wasn't really paying attention. Sungyeol texted me back, saying that he was bored, and of course: nothing from Myungsoo. I smirked as I put my phone away.

"Who were you texting?" Mir asked me as he looked towards my backpack, where I had just put my phone away.

"Just Myungsoo and Sungyeol." I said.

"Oh, they seem cool," He said as he nodded, "I guess you guys are really good friends now."

"Yeah," I smiled towards Mir.

"So who do you like more?" He asked me as I became confused.

Who did I like more? Myungsoo or Sungyeol?