Chapter Twelve

Infinity

Dongwoo POV:

As I walked into the school on Monday I was attacked by Sungjong whom ran me into a wall.

"What the hell dude?" I said as he stepped away from me.

"Sorry I've been waiting for you and got excited," He said as he let out a nervous laugh.

"Why?" I asked, scared of what was to come next.

"I have a proposition for you, or I mean... I have noticed that L. Joe is on your soccer team," Sungjong said while trying a little too hard to be casual.

"He has always been on our soccer team," I said as I started walking towards my locker as Sungjong followed like a lost puppy.

"Why don't you guys hang out? He seems cool, you know?" Sungjong said.

"Why, do you not want to be my friend anymore?" I asked as I put in my locker combination.

"Of course I want to be your friend. Long story short Woohyun thinks Sunggyu is replacing him with Chunji and wants us to get inside information," Sungjong explained it like it was a casual affair.

"Us?" I asked as I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I mean the only person other than Woohyun that would have a good relationship with L. Joe, Chunji's best friend, is you."

"So you want me to spy," I said as I Sungjong nodded. "So who all knows about this?"

"Oh just you, me, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, and of course Woohyun."

"Ah, isn't it a little weird that Woohyun can't just go up to Sunggyu and talk to him?" I said as I put my stuff in my locker and closed it.

"That's what I thought! But oh well," Sungjong shrugged.

"When do you expect me to become friends with L. Joe?"

"As soon as possible. Like today at practice," Sungjong said.

"Oh," I said as I looked away from him as someone caught my eye. "You know, I might have plans." And with that I walked away from Sungjong and started walking towards Hoya.

 

Hoya POV:

I was sitting in the bleachers, waiting for Dongwoo to get done with practice when I saw something I didn't want to see. I saw Dongwoo chatting with L. Joe as they both started laughing. They looked very comfertable with eachother, and looked as if they've been friends for years when I know that Dongwoo has probably not had a full on conversation with him before. I watched as their practice ended and Dongwoo pulled L. Joe into a hug, then giving him something as he walked away from him. I couldn't see that well but it looked as if L. Joe was smiling. Since the kiss I wanted more than everything to be Dongwoo's boyfriend. So why am I not yet?

"Hoya!" Dongwoo yelled my name from the end of the bleachers, smiling.

"Hey, how was practice?" I asked Dongwoo as I forced a smile. It took everything in me not to ask how he liked flirting with L. Joe.

"It was okay," Dongwoo said as he led me to the car, "But we do have a game coming up. You'll be there right?"

"Of course," I said as I reached the car. "Wouldn't miss it for the world" so I can make sure you and L. Joe don't do anything.

"Great," Dongwoo said as he smiled and got in the car.

"So, what's up with you and L. Joe?" I asked, the words pouring out of my mouth with no way to stop it.

"What?" Dongwoo asked as he adverted his attention towards me, but then turned his car on, "Nothing. We are just becoming friends."

"Ah," I said as I looked out the window.

"I promise Hoya, that there is nothing between L. Joe and I," Dongwoo said as he drove, placing a hand on my leg.

"I believe you Dongwoo," I said as I looked towards him, "Dongwoo, I keep thinking about the kiss. It was amazing for me and I can only assume it was the same for you. So why aren't we dating?" I asked as Dongwoo sighed, placing both hands on the steering wheel.

"I never break promises," Dongwoo said, and then we were both silent.

I looked back out of my window, watching the trees and buildings rush past us. I just sat there mute watching the scenery until I realized: we weren't going to my house, the dance studio, or Dongwoo's house. So where were we going?

"Dongwoo?" I said uneasily, "Where are we going?"

"Hoya, be quiet."

I saw the buildings start to vanish as Dongwoo started driving on a rural road. Around us were big fields and infront of us was a steep hill. Dongwoo drove us up the hill and around a couple windy roads. What seemed like forever later, Dongwoo stopped the car and got out, not saying anything. The door slamming made me jump in my seat as I looked towards Dongwoo's seat, but he wasn't there. I then looked infront of me and was amazed of what I saw. We were on a cliffside. I got out of the car and followed Dongwoo as he sat down by the edge, looking out onto the city. Around us were big trees and the sun was lighting the city up. I sat down on the grass beside Dongwoo as he looked at me and smiled.

"Hoya, you know that I love you right?"

"Yes," I said as I rested my head on his shoulder, "I love you too Dongwoo."

"So I can assume that your answer will be yes?"

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked out onto the beautiful city.

"Hoya, will you be my boyfriend?"