Chapter Fourteen

Infinity

Sungyeol POV:

"Look Sungjong! There is Niel! Go say hi!" I said enthusiastically as I pushed Sungjong into the general direction of where Niel was.

"Why me?" Sungjong whinned.

"Don't be a baby. You both like to sing, try to have a conversation casually talking about Chunji."

"But I am a baby. I'm the baby of our friend group," He said as he pouted.

I smirked, Sungjong looked so cute when he pouted, "But you are seventeen. Now go!"

Sungjong sighed and then I saw him walk over to Niel and say something. I couldn't hear exactly what they were talking about, but Niel was smiling and laughing so that was a good sign.

"What's Sungjong doing?" Myungsoo asked as he walked up behind me.

"Don't you remember? He is befriending Niel," I said excitedly.

"Oh," Myungsoo said as he looked towards them, "I'm not even sure this is going to work."

"Yeah, but we might as well try. Woohyun asked us to." I said as I shrugged.

"I saw we tell Woohyun to grow up and do his own dirty work."

"Why? I mean Sungjong is only talking to Niel. It's not like their going to become best friends for life, or date. It's a mere conversation." I said as Myungsoo looked down at his feet. "Oh my gosh you like Sungjong!"

"No I don't!" He said as fast as he could.

"Don't worry Myungsoo your secret is safe with me," I said as I smiled towards him but he just rolled his eyes. I looked back towards Sungjong and Niel. Myungsoo liking Sungjong wouldn't be a problem, if I didn't like Sungjong.

 

Sungjong:

"Hey, Niel," I said as I walked up to Niel.

"Uhm, hey," He said as he smiled towards me, "Sungjong, right?"

"Yeah," I said as I smiled, "I heard you like to sing..."

"Oh yeah I'm in the choir," He said as he looked at me strangely.

"Yeah, well I like to sing too," I said hoping I didn't sound too stupid.

Niel laughed, "Sungjong, you're friends with Woohyun, so I'm pretty sure that you aren't here to talk about me or singing."

I instantly froze. Did he know that we wanted to find out information about Chunji? "Wha- what do you mean?" I asked uneasily.

"You are friends with the most popular person whom happens to be our student body president, the school player, and captain of our very succsessful soccer team." Niel said with a tone that said 'duh.'

"Oh right. Well I just wanted to talk to you and see if you wanted to hang out sometime." I said as I looked around and spotted Sungyeol and Myungsoo talking. How I wished I wasn't in this awkward conversation and talking with them.

"Again Sungjong, what do you want? I know for a fact who your friends are and I also know that Chunji and Sunggyu are becoming friends."

I brought my attention back to Niel, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure," Niel said as he laughed, "You do seem like a nice person Sungjong. I know that you want some dirt on Chunji. I'm not stupid. I mean sending Dongwoo to befriend L. Joe? Seriously? I mean if Chunji was befriending Sunggyu and then not too long afterwards Dongwoo befriends L. Joe and you want to befriend me."

"Well that was not my idea. It was Sungyeol's." I said as I looked at Niel. How did he know all of this?

"It was smart. Flawed, but smart. I'll give you that," Niel said as he smiled.

"Don't tell Chunji, or L. Joe. Actually don't tell anyone for that matter. Please," I asked as I flashed Niel my cutest smile ever.

"I won't," Niel said as he smirked, "But you guys have to stop sneaking around."

 

Myungsoo POV:

It was lunch and we were seated in the same circle by the same tree like everyday this year. The only thing different was that Sunggyu and Hoya were gone. Sunggyu was having lunch with Chunji and Hoya was finishing homework he didn't have time to do.

"Niel told us to stop sneaking around," Sungjong said to Woohyun as he choked on his water.

"Niel knows?!" Woohyun said with a combination of fury and embarrassment.

"Well not the whole story. But with Dongwoo friending L. Joe and me trying to friend him while Chunji and Sunggyu were becoming friends... He put two and two together," he said as he shrugged.

"Damn he's smart," Dongwoo mummbled as he looked at his phone. "So does that mean I have to tell L. Joe that I can't be his friend anymore?"

"No!" Woohyun yelled as everybody's attention went towards him, "I mean, no. You guys need to be sneakier. But don't bring Niel into it."

"Acutally," I said as I cleared my throat. "We should stop altogether. Dongwoo I think you should still befriend L. Joe, but not for the same purpose. We don't want him feeling bad. That would be very bad for this and Chunji and Sunggyu would find out. And Woohyun, we can't keep doing this. You are the freaking school player, student body president, and captain of the soccer team. You need to face your own problems. I mean what are you going to do next year when you don't have us?"

"Uhm... Well I never actually thought about it in that way," Woohyun said getting quiet. "I only have a year left with you guys. Which means a year left with-" He cut off mid sentence as he looked down at the ground. "I do need to face my own problems," He said as he stood up, "I'm freaking Nam Woohyun." And with that Woohyun stormed off.

"Where does he think he's going?" Sungyeol asked, noticing that Woohyun was going off campus.

"Who knows," Sungjong said as he looked towards the ground.

"Who cares," Dongwoo said as he smiled towards us. "But I should probably see where he's going." And with that Dongwoo ran after Woohyun.

"That was weird," I said as I looked around at the circle which was now half the size it priviously was, "I didn't mean for that to happen."

"But we do only have a year with eachother practically," Sungjong said as he looked towards me.

"Yeah, a year left," Sungyeol said as he winked towards me, but I looked away.

"Are you okay, Myungsoo?" Sungjong asked me as Sungyeol smiled wide.

"Sungjong, Myungsoo li-" Sungyeol started to say but I glared at him.

"Sungyeol, I promise. I will kill you."

"-kes you. Whoops," He said as he stood up, backing away slowly. "Sorry Myungsoo but we only have a year left. And I knew that you wouldn't do it."

"Really?" Sungjong said as he looked at me.

"Well, I mean..." I tried to make an excuse but I couldn't think of anything. "Yes."

Sungjong smiled towards me, "I like you too."