Auditions.

How Do I Explain?

(Note: Guys, I forgot to mention this before I think, but right now, Krystal has holidays, and so do the others.)

(Krystal's POV)

Yesterday was so sweet...we went to the park. I found Minho there. We played, and talked, and then he sang me a song about how much he missed me, and SHINee came out with a huge bunch of white roses in their arms...

I sit up sharply. That wasn't a dream. It all actually happened. I look at the table next to y bed, and the roses were in a vase.

Damn, there were a lot of them. How much did it cost? White roses are expensive.

I smile, and walk over to my computer. Switching it on, I log into Facebook, and I have about 40 notifications, and 2 messages.

One is from Minho.

'Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday! Anyways, the boys and I will be going to Japan for about a month, want anything? Love you.'

I immediately send a long list of things that I want him to buy from Japan, and open my other message.

It's from Ren.

'Hey Krystal! The members schedules are full, and I'm free by 4:30 pm. Want to hang out? *bunny face*'

I suddenly picture him in the bunny ears again, and laugh. 'Sure, how about some shopping?', I reply.

I shower slowly, relaxing myself, and planning my day out.

I have to go to dance class again...and then meet Ren. I'll buy something for him...

I grab my dance bag from downstairs, and shovel some cereal into my mouth.

There's a note on the dining table. Its from James.

'We'll be out till 7:00pm, just message us if you're gonna go out then.'

Where could they be, I wonder, as I get hold of a cab and tell him the address to my class.

"Krystal! You're late!', I hear Shinwa yell as I pay the driver and get out.

"Ah, sorry, I slept in.", I apologise.

"C'mon, we have to go practice! And there's gonna be a huge announcement later on", he says, grabbing my hands, and pulling me to our studio.

I dance with the girls and the boys for about two hours, and then we concentrate on our duo dances.

"Its about time for the announcement, lets go out  into the main hall", suggests Shinwa.

The eight of us head over to the main hall, where there are other students waiting as well.

"Lets just skip all the introductions and start on the main thing, shall we?", booms a voice from a megaspeaker.

I turn to see the head coach on the stage.

"We have a competition coming up. Only single, and duos will be allowed. its for both singing and dancing. There will be surprise events as well, and this will be a huge chance for you to show your talents, as both S.M.Entertainment, and Pledis Entertainment will be attending. This competiton will select its competitors by auditions, held today at 4:30pm. So those who want to participate, head over to the practice rooms, and PRACTICE NOW! You've got and hour and half until the auditions.", he says.

There's a pause, and then Shinwa and I are running to the practice rooms that are the nearest to the main hall, where they will obviously hold the auditions.

I whip out my phone, and hurriedly call Ren.

"Hello?", he answers on the first ring.

"Hey, its Krystal. Listen, I might get late, since we have these auditions, and they start at 4:30. I'm really sorry, but I seriously wanna participate in this competition. Can we meet someother time?"I pant into the phone, aware of Shinwa staring at me.

"Oh, its worked out well then. I was just about to call you, since our manager wants JR and I to come with him someplace. He won't say where though. Well, I've gotta go, he's heading my way. Yikes!", he says, and cuts the line.

I feel so relived, I so didn't want to upset him.

"Well, then, lets practice!", I smile, turning to Shinwa.

The two of us practice for about half an hour, and then he suddenly pauses.

"What", I pant, annpyed. Who stops in the middle of an important practice?

"We're both good enough at dancing. We both know that. its our voices we've got to work on.", he says, looking right at me.

Our voices? Does he...does he mean that he wants us to sing?

"You mean, we have to sing?", I whisper.

"Yeah, they won't want people who can only dance, right? We've got to walk on our voices.", he says, doing some stretches.

Crap. Why didn't this occur to us before?

"But, I don't sing that well.", I say, my eyes filling with tears. I did so want to win.

"Krystal! Don't cry! Lets work on it now, okay?", he says, holding my face in his hands.

"Yeah", I sniffle.

I sing IU's Good Day, and to my relief, I don't falter when it comes to the long part.

Shinwa's mouth falls open.

"What? I'm not that bad right?", I ask anxiously. No one has ever heard me sing, except for my mom and dad.

"Bad? Krystal, you're...excellent.", he says, looking dazed.

"I feel shocked. Have you never been to classes before?", he asks, and I shake my head.

We used to sing alot at home, but, recently, I didn't think I knew HOW to sing anymore.

"Well, it's your turn now. We don't have much time left", I say, motioning for him to start.

He sings a song from an anime, a sad, deep song, which brings tears to my eyes.

"You're excellent as well', I say. I glance at the clock. 15 minutes left.

We try dancing and singing at the same time, which is INCREDIBLY TIRING, but somehow we get the hang of it in 15 minutes.

We run to the main hall, and to our surprise, there's no one there yet.

"Ah, Krystal! Shinwa! Two of our best students!", exclaims our coach, and drags us backstage.

"Listen, you two have to tell those guys there about what you songs you want them to play, and if you're singing, tell the drummer, okay?", he says, pointing at two men holding clipboards, and the drummer on the stage.

We nod, and then plan out our performance. I opt for two solos, and one duet. He agrees, and says the same, and then we tell the two men about what we want.

He scans our names, puts a tick next to them, and then asks us if we want  to dance or sing.

We both immediately answer with 'BOTH!'.

The backstage area soon becomes crowded. One girl runs past me, and shoves me out of her way.

I trip over some wires, and cry out in pain.

My coach runs over to me, and removes my shoe.

"You've got a slight sprain. Sorry Krystal, but I don't think you can participate in this one.", she says sorrowfully.

I wear my shoe again, and stand up.

"No way. I practiced really hard for this, and I'm going up there, injured or not.", I say angrily.

I walk up to the girl who shoved me over, now standing with her coach, and slap her.

Then I painfull walk over to the entrance, where we walk out and introduce ourselves.

I hear several names being called out, and I see them dance, but nothing really registers in my mind until I hear my name being called out, along with Shinwa's.

Clasping hands tightly, we walk onto the stage. Three beats. We psoition ourselves, and wait for the first three beats, and then start dancing.

Thew crowd gasps, as we're both singing and dancing at the same time, and we've never done that before. Then its time for our solos, and we finish wonderfully.

My foot is screaming with pain though, as I walk off the stage, and I collapse into Shinwa's arms as soon as we're out of the audience's sight.

He places me on a chair, and we both wait for the auditions to be over to hear our results.