Mixed emotions.

How Do I Explain?

(Note: Listen guys, Minho may behave a little weirdly in this, but he's just being brotherly, okay? He is NOT violent, and he is one of the best guys EVER....besides Ren. :D)

(Ren's POV)

Minho parks the car outside his house. He roughly grabs Shinwa by the collar, and tosses him out.

We follow him silently, yet urgently. Minho noisily bangs open the front door, which makes me a little uset. 

Should he be more considerate of the fact that his sister is sick, and needs to rest, and that at all costs, she cannot be disturbed?

But to my utmost surprise, Krystal is carrying a tray of cupcakes to the living room. One look at Minho's face though, and she turns serious. She looks a little scared as well, as she looks over Shinwa, but she hides it well.

Minho pushes Shinwa onto a chair, and he motions for us to sit. I help Krystal to a sofa, but instead of sitting down, she pushes me down, and sits on my lap instead.

Wow. She is so light! I'm pretty sure that I can lift her up quite easily...hold on, why is everyone staring at me? Aron's smirking...damn him, she might see! 

She rests against me, and I hug her around the waist. Oh my God, how the heck am I am supposed to focus on anything when she is so damn cute?

(End of Ren's POV)

(Krystal's POV)

Aish, what the hell did I do that for? Ren helps me to a sofa, and I push him down and sit on him instead? What the heck is wrong with me? But...he's hugging me...oh my God, it feels so nice. I don't ever want him to let go...

One minute, why exactly is Aron smirking at me? I raise an eyebrow at him, and he quickly looks away.

Minho looks really serious. And Shinwa's here as well...did they actually go all the way to his apartment?

Minho clears his throat. We all look at each other, and then him.

"So...Krystal, guess you're wondering why why we're here, right?", he asks, looking straight at me. Yep, I was right, he's dead serious...and angry.

I hesitantly nod, and he looks at Shinwa. Shinwa...the poor guy, he looks like he's been beaten up.

Have they...have they beaten him up? 

"It seems that Shinwa here thinks that you like him. And even after we told him that you didn't, he deluded himself into thinking that he could still interest you. Now, you know what sort of a guy Shinwa is, right? So just answer this one question: Do you want him to stay here, or get out?", Minho asks, grabbing the guy's sleeve.

Uh...how am I supposed to answer that? He's completely beat, Minho wants me to throw him out?

"Get out.", I whisper. Minho smiles, looking pleased. I hold my hands up, to stop him from forcing Shinwa to his feet. 

"But...you attend to his wounds first. Gently. Or would you rather have me do it?", I say, looking at him once more.

Minho looks from me to Shinwa to the boys. I see the hint of a smile on his lips.

"That's my sister all right. Wants to take care of the whole world.", he says, and laughs. He and Key help Shinwa walk upstairs, and I hear a door shut.

I turn the others, a frown on my face. 

"What?". asks Aron, a little too innocently.

"Did you beat him up or what?", I ask, my lips tight.

The boys sigh, and then Ren speaks up.

"Yeah Krystal, we did. But you should have seen him, he was such a creep. Besides, he deserves what he got.  And Krystal, honestly, stay away from him, please? Even if you don't like that guy, he can still get to you in various other ways...so just stay away, okay?", he asks, looking right into my eyes.

What...what is this feeling? It feels like a bolt of electricity just went up my spine. I'm unable to look away from his eyes.

"Okay", I whisper faintly, feeling weak. I had a much better arguement. But for now, that will have to wait.

Ren smiles, and his arms enfold me in a hug. Oh my God, this feels so nice. He's so warm, and his grip is firm, as if he's never going to let anything hurt me.

Then I hear footsteps, and I hastily pull myself away from him. He looks hurt, but his expressions calms when I point out the noise.

Aron slaps his forehead, and is about to say something, when Onew and Jonghyun pounce on him. I think I hear one of them telling him to shut up, but I'm not so sure.

Minho arrives into the living room, and following him is Shinwa, his wounds bandaged, and behind him, Key. Key grins at me, and I smile back.

"Okay, we'll be leaving then. We have a photoshoot tomorrow morning, and I'm sure you guys are busy, right?", asks Minho, nodding towards NU'EST.

"Uh, actually, we're completely free, but we're hanging out with our families tomorrow. All of us except Ren. He'll be all alone at the dorm, poor baby.", says Baekho, ruffling Ren's hair. Ren growls, yet at the same time blushes, and jumps onto Baekho, but Baekho just playfully tosses him onto the sofa, laughing. 

"Ren, why don't you stay here with Krystal? James and the others have to go out, they told me when I was upstairs, so she'll be all alone here as well. They feel really bad, having to go while she's injured so they asked me to stay, but I can't, as much as I'd like to. Would you? Please? They'll be back tomorrow night, since they have some urgent work. Amber is at her aunt's place. So can you stay, please?", Minho asks Ren. 

All eyes are on Ren now. And somehow, even though I enjoy being alone, I find myself wishing for him to say yes.

"Yeah, sure. So, can one of you guys go get my things then? I'll need my pyjamas, toothbrush, hairbrush, and a couple of other things.", Ren says, smiling widely at both me and Minho. 

I exhale softly. He said yes. He's staying over! I don't know why, but the idea of Ren staying over in my house makes me dizzy. I should really learn to control my emotions.

"I'll go prepare a room for you", I say, and before anyone can protest, I limp as fast as I can upstairs. 

Why...why does my heart pound wildly whenever he looks at me? Am I in love? Evryone says that love feels like this...but it can't be, right?

I mean, I promised myself. 

Love...it can hurt you. So besides my family, I swore not to love anyone else. Then why am I like this? 

I force myself to calm down. I am not in love with anyone. I'll just end up getting hurt again.

(End of Krystal's POV)