True Feelings.

How Do I Explain?

(Krystal's POV)

The guest room is right next to mine. Why??? I mean, Ren's going to be sleeping in the NEXT ROOM???

'Calm down' Krystal, I tell myself. 'So what if he's in the next room? He's a friend, right? And it's really nice of him to agree to stay over, so just control your emotions.'

I turn the heater to low, and plump up the pillows. This room is really large...I hope he doesn't get scared or anything.

I smile at the thought of Ren getting scared in the dark.

"Something funny?", I hear a voice behind me say, and I jump in fright.

I turn to see Ren sniggering behind me. I place my hands on my hips, and frown at him...unsucessfully.

He looked so innocent when laughing like that, I felt like hugging him.

"YAH! What's wrong with you huh? You scared me!", I yell, and walk after him with a pillow. 

I limp across the room, and try to catch him, but then finally he grabs hold of me, throws me onto the bed, and starts to tickle me. I squeal as I try to escape, but he's too strong. Eventually, he lets me go. I sit up, panting, when I see Minho and the other boys standing by the doorway.

"Y-you saw?", I ask, blushing. Somehow, I wanted that moment to be just for us. I shake the thought out of my head, and mentally tell myself to get a grip on my mind.

"Yep. Sorry, but you guys were REALLY loud! And you are both as mature as two five year olds", says Key, smirking at us.

"So? Have you guys SEEN yourself on TV? You literally fanboy for every little thing!", I shoot back, my face a bright red at his remark.

"Honey, I didn't say that it was a bad thing", he says, and smiles.

I pout, and turn my back on him. I go back to arranging his room, and when I'm done, I storm out of the room, marching right past their laughing faces.

I run to my room, and lock the door. I weakly sit on the floor, and pinch my cheeks. That was so embarrassing! Aish, why did they have to come in? 

I wash my face with cold water, and then sheepishly walk out. To my surprise, Ren's waiting outside my room. He raises his eyebrows when he sees me.

Ah. Damn. I guess I might've acted a little too childishly. 

"Aren't you going to change into something more comfortable?", he asks, looking at my jeans and ruffled blouse.

"I-Wait, you aren't mad at me?", I ask, confused.

"Mad? Why should I be mad? Is it because you just stomped away? Aigoo, you were worried that we would be mad? Nope, nothing of the sort! In fact, you look cute when you're angry!", he chuckles.

I feel the color spread across my cheeks. To distract him, I ask him to go into the kitchen and check if we have any marshmallows. He sleepily nods, and heads downstairs.

I open my cupboard, and search for the most comfiest pyjamas I own. 

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=63262877

I wear two bracelets on my left wrist: A hot pink on with a peace charm, which belonged to my elder sister, and a light pink pearl bracelet, which was one of my  mother's favorites. These things I kept in a special box beside my bed, as they were some of the thigns that James managed to save from the fire.

I wear them only when I feel especially emotional, like today. 

Ren knocks on the door. "We have marshmallows...and they're really tasty!", he says.

I open the door. His mouth drops open, and the bowl of marshmallows in his hands fall to the ground. 

I look down at myself. Is there something on my face or what? 

His face turns red as I look at him. He drops to his knees, and starts to pick the marshmallows, and dumps them in the bowl. 

"Is something wrong?", I ask, eyeing him suspiciously.

"Ah-what? Er...no, nothing at all", he stammers, and runs downstairs.

I sigh, and slowly follow him down.

(End of Krystal's POV)

(Ren's POV)

WHAT THE HELL? 

OH. MY. GOD. 

She looks so cute! 

And...ah crap, why the heck did I tell her to change? I don't think I'll be able to even look at her!

Calm down. Just calm down.

I take deep breaths, and seat myself on the sofa in the living room.

"You know, it's not easy walking with an injured foot.", I hear a voice say, and I turn to see Krystal pouting at me.

What? Oh dammit! I totally forgot that she's injured! 

"I'm really sorry!", I say, and bow down low.

"It's okay. Will you help me make some snacks? I'm feeling hungry.", she says, and walks into the kitchen.

Something...something's different about her. It's like she hiding something...something that she's scared of.

I cautiously follow her into the kitchen. Minho had warned me that she could suddenly become like this, and he told me that at times, the best way to calm her is to make her talk about it.

Her back is towards me. I prop myself up onto a chair, and clear my throat.

"Krystal? Is everything okay?", I ask, watching her carefully.

Her body tenses. I knew it. She's hiding something.

"Y-yeah, why shouldn't it?", she stammers, and turns to the microwave a little too carefully.

I get up, and pull her into a hug. 

"You can trust me you know. I just want you to be safe...and happy", I whisper into her ear.

She bursts into tears. Clutching me tight, she sobs against my shoulder. I rub her back, and carry her to the sofa, where I just hold her tight, and rock her back and forth.

After a couple of minutes, she stops. Leaning her head against my shoulder, she whispers something.

Unable to hear, I lean closer to her.

"I...I'm sorry", she whispers weakly.

My hands tighten around her. 

"Sorry? What are you sorry for? For crying? Krystal, cry it out. Scream if you want, or hit me and release all those emotions bottled up inside you. But please, please don't hide them.", I say, and I feel tears of my own falling onto her cheek.

"I-I miss them more today. Mom, Dad, everyone. Why? Why? Why did it happen to me and Minho? And Amber, she's just a kid. She doesn't deserve this. What did any of us do to have them taken away? And...Ren, I can't fool myself any longer. I love you. And I'm scared. Because all love can do to you is hurt you. And I've had enough of that. I-I made a promise to myself. I promised not to care about anyone besides Minho, James and the others. But, I love you so much that I'm scared, Ren. I don't know what to do anymore. The world feels like a maze.", she sobs, and hugs me tight.

I'm silent. I can't speak, I feel choked.

She loves me. SHE LOVES ME! 

"I-I'll chop down the bushes. And then it won't be so hard anymore.", I say, taking hold of her hand.

She stiffens, and then looks up, surprised.

"You aren't disgusted with me?", she asks, her voice breaking.

"Disgusted? Are you crazy? Krystal, sweetheart, I love you.", I say, and press my lips against her forehead.

Her lips break into a wide smile. Her arms wrap around my waist, and she rests her head against my chest.

"You're right, it won't be so hard", she says, and closes her eyes.

We stay like that for a long time, and eventually, I too, fall asleep.

(End of Ren's POV)