Safe and Sound.

How Do I Explain?

(Minho's POV)

Finally...Takashi's trial is over. He's been sentenced to prison for life. 

I think I got a bit crazy when I heard that. Prison? That's all he got after murdering our family? 

James and Walter had to drag me out at that point; I had rushed to my feet and started to shout at almost everyone there. 

He murdered our family, and he just goes to prison? 

Mom, Dad, sister...they were all burned to death because of that man. 

James drove me back home, not my dorm, where I was sure he would take me. But, what surprised me the most, was that Krystal was there too. And she knew everything. And she...she just...she was so calm. 

I was sure that she'd be upset, but I guess I've underestimated her.  

She made us some coffee, and then just spoke about random things. 

After seeing her rage against Takashi when she got kidnapped, I thought that she'd be angry. 

Well, at least we're all safe now. 

(Krystal's POV)

Takashi won't be killed...I'm actually kind of grateful. He was my dad's best friend...some part of his previous self is still inside him, I know that.

Because I could see the pain in his eyes when he had shot Amber...the pain was mingled with guilt. 

Killing an entire family, even when your best friend was part of that family, it should have surely had an effect on him. 

And he was angry. Anger ruins people.

I was just so tired of being like this. Hiding. 

I explained this to everyone sitting around me, for now the boys had returned home. 

Their faces went from shock to sympathy to awe. 

Minho gets up, and hugs me tight. 

"For someone who's been through so much, you've stayed the same.", he says, his voice cracking. 

I hug him back, smiling. 

I text Soo-Li, telling her that I'd be back tomorrow, and that I'd be ready for the interviews. 

She immediately texts back, saying that she's told the manager, and that they'd be waiting. 

It's night by now, so I take Amber to her room to put her to bed. 

Instead of wanting me to read her a story, she asks me to sing. 

I hesitate a little, not sure what to sing. Minki and Minho come in, and Minho brings in a portable piano that I gave him for his birthday. 

I take a deep breath, and slowly start to sing. 

I hadn't sung this song for a long time, because this hurt the most. Because it was what Mother loved to listen to. 

(Note: I love this song so much, I could listen to it all day and never get tired of it. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ayN39xmsI I'm gonna put all the lyrics here, I love it soooo much!)

Thousand Years (By Christina Perri)

 

Heart beats fast,

Colors and promises.

How to brave,

How can I love, 

When I'm afraid, to fall.

But watching you stand, alone.

All of my doubt, 

suddenly goes away somehow.

 

One step closer....

 

I have died everyday waiting for you,

Darling don't be afraid, 

I have loved you,

For a Thousand Years.

I'll love you for a Thousand more.

 

Time stands still,

Beauty in all she is.

I will be brave,

I will not let anything take, away,

what's standing in front, of me.

Every breath, every hour has come to this.

 

One step closer...

 

I have died everyday waiting for you.

Darling don't be afraid,

I have loved you for a Thosand Years,

I 'll love you for a Thousand more...

 

All along I believed I, would find you.

Time has brought your heart to me, 

I have have loved you,

for a Thousand Years,

I'll love you for a Thousand more...

 

One step closer...

One step closer...

 

I have died everyday waiting for you,

Darling don't be afraid I have loved you for a Thousand Years,

I'll love you for a Thousand more...

 

All along I believed I would find you.

Time has brought your heart to me,

I have loved you for a Thousand Years,

I'll love you for a Thousand more...

 

When I finish, I open my eyes, and see that Amber is fast asleep. Minho is silently crying as he plays the last notes on the piano, and Minki is staring at me. 

Minho gets up, and goes to his room before I can say anything to him. I let him go, knowing how he feels. 

Minki takes my hand, and leads me out of Amber's room. He switches off the light, and then takes me to my room. He places me on the bed, and then lies down next to me. 

"You're safe. I'm so glad baby. You have no idea how glad.", he says, and he hugs me tight. 

I turn around, and kiss him. He's stiff at first, surprised, but then his left hand snakes around my waist, and his right hand gets tangled in my hair.

His lips are so warm, so soft...the kiss gets deeper, and eventually I break it, falling back onto the pillow. 

He smiles, and then starts to sing softly, my favorite lullaby. 

My eyes close as I drift off to sleep, soothed by Minki's heart beats. 

(End of Krystal's POV) 

Hey guys, enjoy this one? 

Hope you did. 

So sorry I haven't gotten a chance to update in a while. I was just exhausted. 

I'll try and update much sooner this time!